Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

This is very refreshing after witnessing Nat's "how do I Space Jump" Metroid LPs.

How the hell are you this accurate with the Hollow Knight but can't Space Jump in Fusion? (No comments on Super because I didn't play it and it is seemingly a pain)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Two comments on the last two videos:

Nat's sheer happiness at getting the love of his 'vanias, the wall jump, is :3:

Did anybody bet on Nat's first death, or rather "death", being a program bug instead of an hostile bug?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm going to bet on the deathless run longshot. I believe in Natural 20.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Omobono posted:

I'm going to bet on the deathless run longshot. I believe in Natural 20.

:v: I believed in you Natural 20, I believed :v:

That boss fight was really well designed. Apart from Nat suiciding into the wind slashes every attack was well telegraphed, to the point the second phase might look hectic at first glance but he got through that in one try because he already knew what to do.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Medusa heads.
Medusa heads never change.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I gotta agree, one of the best improvements Xenoblade 1 DE added was able to put pins on the map, and the explored portion autoupdates in real time.

If the compass still showed your position even in terra incognita, so you could pin the current position even before getting to a bench it'd still be passable (and justify the 1 notch cost for what should be a basic feature in a 'vania).
As it is, the pins seem a weird afterthought with major usability problems. I'm not asking for Etrian Odyssey mapmaking* but convenience features should be convenient.

*because those can only work with turn based overland movement

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Tylana posted:

As you have to use the menu Map to pin stuff, you can pin stuff in unmapped territory if you have the Compass charm on. It floats in black space until you update your map, but it works.

EDIT : To clarify, the Compass charm works in unmapped areas, it's just than LT for quickmap does not.

C-Euro posted:

The pins were added as free DLC about a year after the game's release, so they literally were an afterthought :v:

Yeesh. Yeah that's bad.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Marluxia posted:

I like how the thread has slowly reverted from wanting to see Natural20 suffer to see Yorkshire Tea suffer.

Tea's disgust when Nat clears some roadblock mostly effortlessly is simply :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thanks for the fantastic LP. Thread title proposal for Metroid: Space Jump Lamentation Station.

Quackles posted:

In honor of you making it there on your first try.