Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Huh, I knew about the Dota regenerate mana thing, but I never thought to apply it to other games that regenerate resources as well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Masterfully done, Soul Master is one of the common roadblock bosses that people get stuck on.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
By the way, has Nat realized that you don't lose Geowhile dying since you collect it back from the ghost?

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I placed my dreamgate in Dirtmouth so that I could tele back to base whenever I wanted.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
please please never use hiveblood for your own sanity, it makes that one place take double or triple the length

Isma's tear was incredibly funny because it was actually supposed to be gotten before the double jump.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Dareon posted:

I will gladly sit around for a few moments decompressing from that ridiculous bullshit rather than loving die and wake up on the bench with zero progress for the fifth goddamn time. I will admit, however, it doesn't make for the most compelling spectating.

Grubsong and Deep Focus almost cancels out the damage + dream nailing the bystanders refills you. It should be enough to get through with much shorter time.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Fun fact: Markoth is commonly at the top of the most hated bosses in the game!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Actually, what's left in the main game?

1. Warrior Dreams - Elder Hu, is that it? Galien, Gorb, Markoth, Marmu, No Eyes and Xero are all done yeah.
2. Dream rematches - all 3.
3. White Palace
4. Flower Quest, what other mask shards is he missing?
5. The Collector and Grub quest
6. Trial of Fools
7. Ending

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
In my speedrun i did soul tyrant without any nail upgrades.
Phase 2 took 3 cycles to complete, it was nervewracking as hell.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Tylana posted:

Even when you do get enough Essence, IMO, the game doesn't tell you the USE of it quite clearly enough. Especially depending on resolution/eye-sight quality. A message of (don't look Nat) 'Your Dream Nail isn't sharp enough to break through.' or similar would have helped a lot to go 'There is something here.' even if a player might interpret it at first as just spooky and sad.

Yeah, this would fix things. It would tell the players that 'hey, you need to improve your Dream Nail somehow', which explains why you need to run around collecting essence.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Holding down allows you to look downwards, so that's why there's a lot of jump traps, you can see down.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I'm laughing so much at Nat just entering the first trial without knowing and destroying it without a care.
Also, you can inspect the unopened doors to see the portraits of the bosses you're missing.

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 20, 2021

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
How
the
I don't think I've ever seen anyone do Trial of the Fool in one try

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
My controller's R button also stops working when starting Hollow Knight, but it's easily fixed by replugging it.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Elderbug is the best and shame on people walking past him in the intro

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

YggiDee posted:

I had an unfortunate over-reliance on Flukenest but there weren't really any major reasons to stop. The damage output was absolutely disgusting.

I just found out that Flukenest doesn't work on Pure Vessel, which is a wtf.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
:psyduck: :psyduck: Radiance in first try??? :psyduck: :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
So, funny thing about Sly's second phase, the distance between you and him after each spin is just the right length for a nail art. Once you figured that out, the second phase is much easier to handle.

Also, ascended Markoth is prob one of the most difficult / hated bosses in the game.

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 26, 2021