Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

fractalairduct posted:

You're forgetting the centipede gauntlet in Deepnest.

It's not strictly speaking necessary, and similarly don't you have to nail-pogo in Greenpath to get to one of the sword masters? Or does the crystal warp drive make that redundant? It's been awhile :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Aww, you missed the Mystery of the Mace :( Also, Natural20 is just killing it so far, hot dang! I am curious to see what the reaction will be if and when he ends up buying the Geo catcher charm.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

It seems somewhat merciful of the game to plop you back at the beginning of that segment there, a nastier one would just leave you stranded in the darkness. You saw that the guy who saved you was selling a lantern, right? That's a good thing to have!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Natural 20 posted:

FWIW I noticed the lantern when I watched through episode 3 myself after this recording. But yes, if you could keep hints in spoilers that would be good. Tea's pretty good at this point about pointing me where I need to go if I get hopelessly lost.

And the Hades comment uses "recent" by the standards of the time dilating insanity that has been this past year. We recorded this last session on Sunday. (And usually we'll be a week or two in advance at most so that we can respond to stuff in the thread)

Apologies for getting ahead of the play :(

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Just screaming at my screen / into a pillow during the conversation about notches, get the money gathering patch, it's most useful at the start!

I also like how Nat first observed that killing the balloon creatures makes adorable sound effects, but later on insisted he's murdering them because he's just suspicious of their intentions. You are murdering balloons because you like how it sounds, you monster! :colbert:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

"Knight. Hollow Knight."

---

"Noooo mister Knight, I expect you to die!" Spiders engulf screen

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

You really, really are the best at Hollow Knight, holy crap.

Keep it up! :haw:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Explopyro posted:

Is this some kind of LP convergence event? Grimm is clearly bug Dracula. What's next, should I expect this game to have a boss cameo from Mega Man or XCOM?

Isn't the crystal dude boss basically a Mega Man boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok here is my latest Hollow Knight lore theory now that I'm attempting the White Place myself:

The King is basically that one goon who put a bunch of dumb poo poo in his house, like the loose pebbles all around the bathtub, in the belief that it would impress the chicks

Except the pebbles are buzzsaws

The White Palace we get to see is someone's dream, though. It's a really messed up dream, for sure, and says a lot about the King, but I dunno if that is the "actual" palace.