Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Throwing in a god mode toggle is easy enough and a number of games have even done so. However, when approaching platforming challenges, this becomes more difficult to address. It is a mite bit unreasonable to demand that the developer make two (or more, because you might get people choosing the easy one and complaining it's too easy!) versions of every platforming challenge and there isn't really a good way to add an assist for this short of that approach the wii mario world game took where it straight up takes control of your character and plays the segment for you. Would a lot of people find that satisfying? I have no idea.

Edit: I suppose you could do the infinite jumps method, but if anything, that's even more unsatisfying than the auto-play in my opinion because it's not even cool to watch.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU