Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Dareon posted:

One of you made oblique mention of how odd it would be for someone specifically seeking out this blind playthrough for their first exposure to the game, and, well, this is my second exposure. Haven't played it myself, just picked up an LP from another channel I was following. And that one was a blind run, too.

You're playing better than he was, too. Tea's incredulity at dealing with the giant club-bug with barely any damage was well deserved.
I'm more blind than Nat is, considering he's stated he played some of the game before. All I knew about Hollow Knight before I opened the first video in this LP is that it's a Metroidvania starring bugs, it's supposedly hard as balls, and there's a mod that adds a gun to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Eeepies posted:

Huh, I knew about the Dota regenerate mana thing, but I never thought to apply it to other games that regenerate resources as well...
Literally in the first video when I learned how the Soul regeneration worked, I thought, "If you kill an enemy with full Soul, the kill is 'wasted'".

...I've never played any DOTA at all. I can't even tell you what the acronym/abbreviation stands for.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I like that Nat's such an extrovert that he can't even play video games that leave him without NPCs to talk to for too long. :3:

Keep the playthrough authentic, definitely, don't hold back because because you think we want the schadenfreude of you dying a lot IMO. It's just as fun to see Tea going "How on EARTH did you survive that?!" when you utterly destroy a boss on the first try as it is to see the triumphant result of countless struggles against a boss.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Truly the George Mallory of video games.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I dunno, seems like he's got a lot of poo poo going on.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

It's not really a blind LP until the player has found something their more experienced co-commentator didn't know about.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I can't believe Hallownest was inside of a Monster can this whole time.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I mean, this may also be a victim of the "LPing the game changes the way to play it" thing Nat has mentioned several times. Looks like he was seeing them as post-game bosses and wanted to fight them all in quick succession in a round-up video. Even right after the fight with Soul Master when he first discovered the re-fight I think he mentioned he might have taken a few more shots at Soul Tyrant right away if he hadn't been LPing and more interested in providing new content than having potentially a video or more of him beating his head against Soul Tyrant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yorkshire Tea posted:

One the one hand you have the Pandemonium Circus on the left-hand side, and [...] you've basically got the bug equivalent to Alan Partridge to the right, and poor Elderbug in the middle
So, what you're saying is, there's clowns to the left of him, jokers to the right, and he's stuck in the middle with you?