Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I want to design a greenhouse for my backyard. I used Sketchup for our kitchen remodel in 2019-2020 but having a hard time getting it to... do what I want? for this project. Is there a better program that's more turnkey and free/free trial I should check out, that's easy for morons and idiots like me to use? Don't really need exact dimensions, just layout/design that I can translate to the real world/generate ideas etc. Is Revit on a free trial a good choice, or is the learning curve very steep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

NewFatMike posted:

What are you planning on making it out of? Checking to see if the relevant profile is included in any tools I have on hand might be handy.

Onshape is free and good. The Frames feature should be exactly what you need. The blog post below has a little video to show how it works, and they’ve got a link to the Frames elearning course in it. I’d probably check out the regular fundamentals first, but I’m not your dad:

https://www.onshape.com/en/resource-center/tech-tips/use-parts-build-frames

Currently, about a 3ft cinder block footer (possibly with brick facade) and then wood stick a-frame on top. With polycarbonate walls/roof. 15ftx30ft or so structure. Will check this out, thanks!