Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
You know, I've never actually bothered to ally with anyone in this game. Is it worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Yes, but.

Alliances unlock a special faction store, some of which are really good and some of which aren't so good. They're all usually mutually exclusive with someone and that will lock you out of missions, so only commit to an alliance once you're certain your funding is golden.

Federated Suns store has all Ultra Autocannons
Lyran Commonwealth has all LB-X Autocannons
Capellan Confederation has SRMs and eWar gear (it's usually the only place to buy a Raven)
Draconis Combine has PPCs
Free Worlds League has LRMs
Magistracy has all standard (not pulse) Lasers
Taurian Concordat has all standard Support Weapons
The Aurigan Reach has gently caress-all
and the Pirates have the Black Market (but don't require an alliance to give you access). Allying with pirates is a bad idea because everybody hates them.

You can get a few alliance combos going, and you'll need to if you're fishing for points in Career mode. Here are a few good alliance combos:
- Suns + Magistracy + Reach + either Commonwealth or League
- Confederation + Combine + Reach + (I believe they can ally with) either Magistracy or Taurians
- League + Combine + Reach + either Magistracy or Taurians

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
BattleTech: Restoration Campaign – Episode 13: Plot Bomb

Boss.
What have you done?!
Oh, you know.
Magic.

Mission 77: Liberate: Itrom (Story, Commentary)

Rewards: 2,478,000 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 BJ-1 Blackjack part, 1 CN9-AL Centurion part, 1 CDA-3C Cicada part (‘Mech Complete), 1 SHD-2H Shadow Hawk part (‘Mech complete), 1 GRF-1S Griffin part

I owe you my eternal gratitude—all of you.
Because Of your actions, the Directorate's hold on Itrom has been broken, and my people have been saved.
That's what we're here for, Lady Gallas.
Yes, it is. But their continued survival is anything but certain.
I'm going to be honest with you, Lady Gallas. I had to wade through a sea of blood to reach Itrom. My army is war-weary and outgunned, and the Reach is on the verge of being overrun. So if you know anything that can help us, I need you to share it with me.
Yes, Lady Arano. I can help you. I know where you can find what you'll need to break the Directorate's alliance with the Taurian Concordat.
You need to travel to Guldra.
Lord Madeira's home system.
That's right. If you search the Madeira Archives, you'll find what you need.
Over the past three years, House Madeira has collected a treasure trove of incriminating evidence on House Espinosa. An insurance policy, so to speak. Find it and deliver it to Protector Calderon, and our Taurian problems will be over.
The archives are DNA-locked to my family. If we're going to gain access to this insurance policy, I'll need to travel there myself.
And hopefully not at the head of an army. You've seen what war has done to Itrom... I pray that Guldra can be spared the same fate.
Alexander, I—

Obviously not.
Holy poo poo. Lady Arano... sensors are picking up evidence of a massive fuel-air explosion in the capital.
Castle Gallas is gone.
The bastards must've planted a bomb before we drove them away.
drat it. drat it to hell.
Alexander, get emergency services to the capital. Medical teams, combat engineers—whoever you can find. We need to search the wreckage for survivors.
I'll dispatch our forces right away, Kamea. But then I must return home.
I will travel with an appropriate bodyguard, but otherwise, I need to go alone. Lady Gallas was right—we've lost too much already. I won't see the army move on Guldra... not if I can do the job myself.
Alexander, no. I won't allow it.
I can't afford to lose you.
Kamea. Please. I am duty bound to see this through.
Guldra is a core system, a veritable fortress... if we attempt an invasion, there will be terrible losses on both sides. I won't allow that—not if I can achieve our goal another way. And I am confident that I can accomplish through subterfuge what our army could not: the recovery of the evidence we need, without unnecessary bloodshed.
I am your loyal servant and friend, Kamea. I always have been. But I am also a Madeira, and I have a responsibility to protect Guldra from harm.
You of all people should understand that.
This is his family we're talking about. He should the one to deal with them.

PTN’s note: One of the game’s only real failings is the 3D in the conversations. The character models are fine, but they play a stock animation on a loop. Every so often you can catch them doing something that looks appropriate but most of the time it’s just a neutral smile at a time when a neutral smile is horribly inappropriate. I really think they’d have been better served if they’d gone full visual novel for these using the same style used in the cutscenes. Give Kamea a neutral, sad, and angry face and let her get properly pissed.
PTN’s note: I feel that whole sequence worked, but only just.

It won’t be much longer now.
Unfortunately, we still don’t have black market access so I can’t break the Directorate over my knee.

Mission 78: Hard Target (Assassination, Commentary)

Rewards: 388,395 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 3 NSR-9J Nightstar parts, 1 RGH-1A Roughneck part, 1 CTF-0X Cataphract part, 1 QKD-5A Quickdraw part

We—
Yeah, I know. I’ve been juggling our other Nightstars in and out of storage while I set up the Annihilator, so this actually saves me a day.

That’ll do. For now. We won’t be using this setup for long.

Gamma pod is done!
Low-G Pool. Low-G Pool. Low-G Pool.
Low-G Pool!
Low-G Pool!
Low-G Pool!
Low-G–Wait, I don’t care.

Mission 79: A Favor To Regret (Battle, No Commentary)

Rewards: 452,760 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 AWS-8T Awesome part, 1 COR-5R Corsair part, 1 RFL-3C Rifleman part (‘Mech Complete), 1 TDR-5S Thunderbolt part

Told you so.
We’re also going to need to see about transitioning the Spider to an endgame version soon.

I also wanted to point this out. The Roughneck 3A doesn’t just match the Grasshopper, it can outgun it pretty comfortably. We’ll be using this for a bit after all.

Thanks to all those Nightstars we keep capturing, we’ve got plenty of Double Heat Sinks.

Mission 80: Defense: Panzyr (Story, Commentary)

Rewards: 2,336,400 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 COM-1B Commando part (‘Mech complete), 1 COM-2D Commando part, 1 PNT-9R Panther part, 1 WVR-6K Wolverine part (‘Mech complete), 1 Medium Laser++ (+10 dmg), 1 TBT-5N Trebuchet part

This situation is growing untenable. Even if we win every battle, attrition will inevitably take its toll. They'll grind us down to nothing.
If Lord Madeira does his job right, it won't be a problem for much longer.
I know, Five Aces... I know.
But while we wait, people are dying.
I just had to choose what to spend our dwindling resources on: emergency relief for a half dozen marginal colonies the Taurians have hit, or fuel for our DropShip fleet.
I chose the fuel. If we can't move our troops, we can't keep fighting, and everything we've built falls apart.
It sounds like you did what you had to do.
That didn't make it any easier. In about three weeks, the casualty reports will start hitting my desk.
I intend to study them. Every line, every detail. I… "The Sword of Restoration"... have just consigned those people to a gruesome fate. The least I can do is remember their names.
[Ancestry. Deep Periphery] My ancestors came from a place where life was even more tenuous than it is here in the Reach. You can't stop people from dying, Lady Arano.
I know, Five Aces. Believe me... I know.
But I can keep myself from becoming jaded. I can remember the people whose lives were cut short, however much it hurts to do so.
I can prevent myself from normalizing their deaths.
Your pardon, Lady Arano, but we've got an encoded HPG transmission coming in. The point of origin is Guldra.
I'm putting it on-screen now.
Kamea. I've got it—my family's insurance policy.
I can't open the files from here, but considering the level of security they were hidden behind, there must be something here worth protecting.
I'll be damned. Something went right for a change.
And now for the bad news. The Directorate is on my trail, and they're gaining. I'm still a couple steps ahead of them for now, but I need evac as soon as you can provide it.
My subdermal transponder is active and broadcasting on Restoration frequencies.
Nothing can ever be easy, can it?
I mean, not even once.
I'll do my best to stay alive and on the run until you get here. Whatever happens, I won’t let them get their hands on these files. They're the only things that matter now.
I need to move. Madeira out.

Commander, set a course for Guldra. I'll be waiting for you there with my BattleMech at the ready.
We're going to get Alexander back—and recover the evidence he gathered. We have to. The future of the Restoration depends on it.
Sure thing, Kamea.
Right after we get done shooting people for my pirate contacts.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I love the fiction being created here. The noble Arano Restoration's navy is composed primarily of mercenaries just on the edge of being pirates themselves, piloting custom assault mechs crammed full of LosTech (and also a Spider that punches like an Atlas).

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

For some reason all the new videos have basically the same comment from what's clearly a series of (possibly ComStar) bots. Why bots selected these videos in particular is beyond me.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, they've been doing that since the series started. I've been trying to catch and report them as Spam since it started.

I think they see "Multiple videos going live at the same time = automated upload" and assume I'm not paying enough attention to block the scambots. They should all be gone now.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

girl dick energy posted:

I love the fiction being created here. The noble Arano Restoration's navy is composed primarily of mercenaries just on the edge of being pirates themselves, piloting custom assault mechs crammed full of LosTech (and also a Spider that punches like an Atlas).

Nah, that's the Army. The Navy literally doesn't exist except for some transports.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Whenever I see you shoot off jumpjets off AI I always end up wonder if they even use those at any point or not.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
They do, but rarely. Typically only to gain a "height advantage" by jumping on top of a building.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I remember the first (and only) time I tried to do that.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

AI is pretty bad at using jumpjets properly.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The sound + commentary seems desynched on the Panzyr mission. You talk about the APC going for the dropship a good 10-20 seconds after it's happened.

And then at 3:45 the commentary seems to match - make that almost matches.
Good job Decker.,

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 4, 2021

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It seems alright to me, both in my saved copy and in the youtube video.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:burger:

Sounds like we're in the thick of it now. That Gausszilla is a thing of beauty though.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Nice missions. You seem to go for stability damage a lot, but you hestitate to commit on knocked down 'mechs, why is that? Like the medium on the hill in the last mission, both Dekker and Behemoth had chances for free called shots but you prioritised other targets / moving other friendly 'mechs first.

I've been playing along and you have gotten many more Nightstars than me; I've just found one. I've mostly faced different modded 'mechs than you.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

NIGHTSTAR TEAM NIGHTSTAR TEAM NIGHTSTAR TEAM

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

pun pundit posted:

Nice missions. You seem to go for stability damage a lot, but you hestitate to commit on knocked down 'mechs, why is that?

It's an old habit. Things I've knocked down are no longer immediate threats, and I may want to knock them down again to go for a pilot kill. Then I usually wind up coring them out because I don't want them.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Your morale is nearly maxed out! I wonder if it can go over 50?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
50 is the maximum. With high spirits and max morale you can make two precise shots on turn 1, or just start the fight with all your troops in high spirits (which is a minor accuracy bonus)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

PoptartsNinja posted:

50 is the maximum. With high spirits and max morale you can make two precise shots on turn 1, or just start the fight with all your troops in high spirits (which is a minor accuracy bonus)
That minor accuracy bonus matters a lot more in the early game when everyone sucks at making called shots!

I say, while overusing Vigilance constantly because lol what's cover

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm afraid there won't be an update this week. My microphone is out of order, I've got a new one coming that was supposed to be here today but it looks like the package was delayed.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
BattleTech: Restoration Campaign – Episode 14: Vicky Did It

Mission 81: Hard Contact (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 344,050 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 CPLT-C4 Catapult part, 2 QKD-4G Quickdraw parts (‘Mech complete), 1 QKD-5A Quickdraw part (‘Mech complete)

Mission 82: Retribution (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 128,280 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 CPLT-K2 Catapult part (‘mech complete), 3 RGH-3A Roughneck Parts (‘Mech complete)

A little closer than I’d like, but I can’t argue with the results. Fortunately, damage to the Grasshopper is little more than a minor setback.

We’re going to be out a bit waiting on Behemoth, so it’s travel time. Fortunately, it works out perfectly, the Roughneck will be done before we get there and we won’t need the Grasshopper after that.

:stonklol:
Unfortunately, we’re locked on our course since it’s a story mission, otherwise I’d be detouring to the black markets immediately.
Arcade’s done!
Mechbay upgrade!

Listen. The evidence is hidden in a dead drop. It was the best I could do, given the circumstances.
Go to my grandfather's monument. You remember—the place where we laid him to rest, in the mountains. The Directorate paved it over and built a structure right over the top of it... look there, and you'll find what you need.
I can hear the sound of splintering hardwood. They're coming through the door, and I'm out of time.
I pray that I will see you again. But if I don't—I need you to win this war. Do whatever you have to do, just... finish it. Not for me, but for our people. Goodbye.

I’ll start putting together a rescue team.
Leave space for me, Five Aces. I'm coming with you.
poo poo.
First, we recover Alexander. Then we focus on picking up the evidence and getting the hell off of Guldra.
I've got Lord Madeira's subdermal transponder signal on my screen. They're moving him—probably in an APC.
If we launch 'Mechs now, we may be able to catch up to it.
[Background: Frontier Pirate] As luck would have it, hijacking convoys used to be a specialty of mine.
Then why won’t you take any attack convoy contracts?
Because they suck.

Then we'd better put that expertise to use. Assemble your lance, Commander—three of your best. I'll be joining you in the Atlas we recovered from Castle Nautilus.
Time is of the essence. Let's retrieve that evidence and bring Lord Madeira home.

Oh, hey, Kamea’s stats have changed and she suddenly has bulwark now!

Mission 83: Extraction (Story, Commentary)

Rewards: 2,979,600 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 3 BL-6-KNT Black Knight parts ('mech complete), 1 FS9-H Firestarter part ('mech complete)

PTN’s note: I really wish we could use that Firestarter. We’ve finally hit a point where using the Spider is starting to hurt our effectiveness. It doesn’t help that this mission is probably my least favorite in the campaign, it’s just so dull.

Yes, Lady Arano, I just finished cracking the encryption. There's a lot here—ledgers, spreadsheets, cost analyses. And a single Holo file.
I recognize the coding on that file. My father authorized his archivists in House Madeira to install a Holo-recording system in Arano Palace before his death. It was meant to preserve an ongoing record of important diplomatic events.
The system must still be active... and Alexander's family had access to it.
Go ahead and put it on the viewscreen, Doctor. Let's see what we lost Lord Madeira for.
Roger that, Commander. Here goes.

Broaden your perspective, Victoria. Think beyond the Reach, beyond the Periphery.
Our Directorate is growing stronger, but we stand among giants. To the Successor States, we are nothing—a tin-pot dictatorship in a galactic backwater, to be ignored or crushed as they please. If we are to survive in the long term, we need a strong ally... but we have nothing to offer in return.
We cannot change our circumstances—the Reach is comparatively small and poor, and that is how it will remain.
What we can do is shift the political balance of the Periphery. By engineering conflict, we can give ourselves value—as a buffer state and an ally of convenience.
And by doing... this... to Perdition, you'll create the conflict you seek.
Yes. Your target is a port city that serves as the primary supplier of Perdition's aerospace bases. A chemical strike there will look like a back door attempt to undermine Calderon's military readiness. He'll assume that the method of attack was chosen for the purpose of plausible deniability.
And when he points his finger at House Davion in response, I will quietly approach him with an offer of support.
And if this embroils us in a war with the Federated Suns?
It won't. Calderon will not strike without proof, and despite his fears to the contrary, the Periphery is beneath Hanse Davion's notice.
We'll be the Concordat's silent partners in a cold war that never goes hot. And the Reach will grow stronger than it ever could on its own.
And if our attack fails? If I'm caught?
Then our Directorate will perish, and us alongside it. But inaction isnt an option, Victoria. An alliance built on a lie is better than no alliance at all, and our Directorate cannot survive indefinitely in a vacuum.
I cannot trust a task this sensitive to any mercenary. It has to be someone who truly loves the Reach, and who understands the price of failure.
I don't enjoy ordering you to do this. But I am trying to accomplish in five years what House Arano should have done across a span of three lifetimes. To safeguard the Reach on such a short timetable, risks must be taken—and sacrifices have to be made.
Show me that you are the defender of the realm that I know you to be, and accept this terrible responsibility. Not for me, but for our people. For the Reach.

Gods. It doesn’t even matter what else is in the archive—with this, we could turn the Taurians against the Directorate.
Protector Calderon will want Espinosa's head on a plate.
We lost Alexander for this information. Let's use it.
I'm marking the evidence with my personal seal and sending it to the Taurian government. When they respond, we'll find out whether all of this was worth it.
In the meantime, we need to focus on getting Lord Madeira back.
He'll be on the throne world. Wouldn't make sense for them to take him anyplace else.
Agreed. But if we move on Coromodir directly, the Directorate's naval fleet will attack our flank from their base on Tyrlon.
If, on the other hand, we attack and liberate House Parata, there will be nothing my uncle can do to prevent us from invading Coromodir. We'll have him by the throat.
I'll take my leave of you now, Five Aces—I have allies to rally and an army to marshal.
The Restoration will summon you when our forces have been assembled for the assault.
And we'll keep doing our thing until we receive your summons.
Back to work, people. If we're going to stage an assault on Tyrlon, we're gonna need all the firepower we can muster. You all know what that means, so let's get to it.

Darn right I do. Yang!

Black Market Black Market Black Market Black Market!
PTN’s note: The Black Market is carrying more equalizers than it should be, I forgot to give it extra drop pulls. This is fixed in the current mod version.

Time to actually do that travel contract.

Mission 84: A Favor To Regret (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 512,820 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 CHP-1NB Champion Part, 2 HGN-732b Highlander Parts, 1 Armored CT computer, 1 KGC-0000 King Crab part, 1 VTR-9S Victor part

Mission 85: Intercepted Salvage (Battle, No Commentary)

Rewards: 581,437 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 MAL-DOB Mauler part, 2 BJ-10B Blackjack parts, 1 PXH-1K Phoenix Hawk part

Right, that helps our pirate rep. Time to bounce back and forth between Black Markets!

Oh, somewhere in there I finished an Argo upgrade.
More Mechbay upgrades!

There’s something amazing in the Black Market. Do you see it, Yang?
Why do I feel like we’re about to lose a lot of money?
Not that much.

We already had one part from before, so buying enough parts to build a PXH-1B Phoenix Hawk is easy.
The Phoenix Hawk 1B is a highly advanced 'Mech that was provided only to the SLDF's Royal Divisions. It's an extremely rare find, and a powerful striker that can execute devastating flanking maneuvers.
Yeah, I know. Whatever else happens, the Directorate can’t beat us now.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 25, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Royal pixie hawk. Yep, you have them now, they can't stop you.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I noticed you usually don't Called Shot even when you're at/near maximum morale. You save it for a particular reason or do you hold off for the sake of balance?

Also the Phoenix Hawk is my favorite mech and I've never seen that variant :negative:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

fennesz posted:

I noticed you usually don't Called Shot even when you're at/near maximum morale. You save it for a particular reason or do you hold off for the sake of balance?

Also the Phoenix Hawk is my favorite mech and I've never seen that variant :negative:

It is a royal, rare to find anywhere, and completely and utterly broken because it gets the pixie jump buffs but has DHS

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

fennesz posted:

You save it for a particular reason or do you hold off for the sake of balance?

I hold off mostly for the sake of making the fights more interesting to watch.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm going to get decker killed by an AC20 to the head at zero evasion, from himself! If not then from one of his lancemates!

It feels like this and as someone that has watched like 5 different LPs of this game it's painful to watch sometimes despite how well you've been doing so far and as well as you could be doing have you decided to not stop and shoot yourself in the foot because not doing so would mean the fights would be less entertaining.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I have no idea what you mean by that.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The way I usually screw myself over is to reserve a light unit with no evasion pips one turn too many only to have their torso torn in two :v:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I have no idea what you mean by that.

I think they're saying that not constantly doing called shots is suboptimal play... I think.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

You commented that it's a shame you can't use Firestarters because of the Dekker challenge. I've been playing this mod pack and I built a couple of them for different purposes, would it be OK to post them in this thread?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think you should, always good to see a modified warcrimes.txt mech.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Last map I played was an urban map and it brought to mind that great Luthien mission from PTN's first Battletech thread because I warcrimed the gently caress out of that place.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Zeroisanumber posted:

Last map I played was an urban map and it brought to mind that great Luthien mission from PTN's first Battletech thread because I warcrimed the gently caress out of that place.

Well as long as you weren't getting body blocked by a Panther you still weren't the most objectionable performance.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

Well as long as you weren't getting body blocked by a Panther you still weren't the most objectionable performance.

That line brought me back some memories.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
You have Mission 82: Retribution listed as (Type, No Commentary) which I presume is the default. It has commentary.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

AtomikKrab posted:

It is a royal, rare to find anywhere, and completely and utterly broken because it gets the pixie jump buffs but has DHS

I have one with dual Snub PPC ++ and it is hilariously overpowered.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
BattleTech: Restoration Campaign – Episode 15: Shopping Spree

Mission 86: Hard Target (Assassinate, Commentary)

Rewards: 385,087 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 2 MAD-5B Marauder II parts, 1 BLR-1G BattleMaster part, 1 HGN-733P Highlander part

The Spider just doesn’t have enough armor to tank random lucky shots the way a Firestarter can. Yang, break that Reflective Armor back out!

While we’re at it, set a course for Bringdam! My shopping spree continues unabated!

PTN’s note: LB 2-X++ are amazing for their weight.
Nothing else here of any interest, except for some assault-weight vectored jets. I grab some for the Annihilator, to boost its jump distance slightly. It won’t make a huge difference.

Darius: Careful, Commander. This drop looks like it might require more firepower than that. I recommend that we field some heavier ‘Mechs, or hold off on this mission until we can find some.
:hmm:
:hmmyes:

Looks fine to me.

Mission 87: Flushing Them Out (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 119,500 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 2 MAD-5B Marauder II parts (‘Mech Complete), 2 ZEU-5T Zeus parts, 1 MAL-D)B Daboku part

Boss—
Yeah, I know, Yang.
I dunno what to do with it, but it sure is beautiful.

Job’s—
More Mechbay upgrades!

Mission 88: Drop Interception (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 329,700 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 3 NSR-9J Nightstar Parts (‘Mech complete (lol)), 2 MAL-DOB Daboku Parts (‘Mech Complete), 2 VTR-9B Victor Parts (‘Mech Complete)

Really, boss?
What? I wasn’t even trying to capture it this time.
Want to help me weld a Nightstar to the front of the Argo as a figurehead?
Don’t you dare.
Back to Mechdur, then! Must. Shop. Even. Harder!

:getin:

PTN’s note: It’s not quite as strong as the Phoenix Hawk, but nothing in the game can really cope with a well-built Royal Griffin. It’s the second-best medium ‘Mech in the game by a wide margin, and is absolutely endgame viable.

Mission 89: Pincer (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 557,480 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 1 AS7-D Atlas part, 2 KGC-0000 King Crab parts (‘Mech Complete), 2 ON1-K Orion parts

The King—
Yadda Yadda, Jumbo Shrimp. Off to Itrom!

To pick up a few more toys that I so desperately want!

:getin:

Mission 90: Hostile Insertion (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 106,900 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 3 NSR-9J Nightstar Parts (‘Mech complete (lol)), 1 COR-6R Corsair part

Mission 91: Hard Contact (Battle, Commentary)

Rewards: 349,300 c-bills
Noteworthy Salvage: 2 BNC-3M Banshee parts (‘Mech Complete), 1 CTF-0X Cataphract part (‘Mech Complete), 1 CHP-2N Champion part (‘Mech Complete), 1 QKD-5A Quickdraw part, 1 WVR-6R Wolverine part

Yang, was it you who wanted to see what I’d do to try to salvage one of the shittier Banshees?
No
Oh. Must’ve been a dream, then. This isn’t done, but it’s close.

I’ve got a surprise for Victoria in mind.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

You know if the spider restriction is cramping your style, I think you've already demonstrated the power of jumping around with a good gyro as a tanking tool, you can put Dekker in a firestarter IMO.

E: Also, I'm not sure I'm all that good on Inner Sphere history, but aren't Marauders meant to be far more common than Nightstars?

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Wow, imagine the chances of running into one of your family's old bodygaurds in a random bar on a random planet you happened to be in in a galactic sector entirely unrelated to your original one.