Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Damanation posted:

I’m loving the LP, but I’m feeling a little lost since I don’t know much about the setting, let alone mechs and weapons.

Could someone give me a quick and dirty of what’s what?

If you want to lose a lot of time, the Battletech wiki will give you more information than you ever wanted to know. That's actually one of the things I love about the setting is the sheer amount of world building there is. I can't think of many other properties that come this close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

AtomikKrab posted:

You should only DFA with your modified ATLAS II

It is the only way to ensure the enemy understands who is in charge.

Ahh the Steiner scout lance approach.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Bacchante posted:

The more that I play BattleTech, and watch Poptarts play, the weirder the mission design becomes. There are so many "Go here, do the thing, then extract" missions that I end up shortcutting the last bit of by wiping out the OpFor, and it seems like there's never really a reason to not do that. Nor does it seem like it's ever particularly convenient or even beneficial to do so? Heck, sometimes I kill the enemy mechs, go to do the thing, and then it's like "Extract here" followed immediately by "Oh you wiped everyone out never mind".

The only time I use the extract zone is for the recovery missions. You can take in a single mech (usually a modded Firestarter) sprint to the objective and book it to the extraction. You generate enough move mods that the enemy doesn’t normally get a hit and its easy money if you min/max the salvage sliders.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Normally, your mechwarrior thanks you for coming to them to ask them about it and tells you that the other party was a bad commander that disliked them for calling them out on their bullshit. I think the mechwarrior then gains a positive trait and you get +1 morale.

Catzilla fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 28, 2021