Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

next fuckin friday!! pogged outta my mind for this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mods embed this pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJtPONx67zU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
things im most stoked for:

—awesome mobility from dog riding and wirebug moves
—swinging my big sword
—at new monsters
—and making sick japanese armor from them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

making the alt hammer moves from world into a stance dance is 100% magic. i'm so fuckin ready

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Not picking this up until i verify that it has 20 minute long slow walking sequences and runs at 24fps the cinematic speed like on ps4. Loved the lore in mhw! Thanks capcom!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Not picking this up until i verify that it has 20 minute long slow walking sequences and runs at 24fps the cinematic speed like on ps4. Loved the lore in mhw! Thanks capcom!

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I took next Friday off. Let's loving GO

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
because im playing persona 4 every time i see the title of htis game i mentally pronounce rise as Ri-se. that's all

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

spending the last two months just tranced out and drooling while waiting for Next Friday

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
its no monster rancher but its pretty good

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

Fartlancer posted:

Monster Hunter is obviously the exact opposite of Monster Rancher.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I haven't played a Monster Hunter game since Monster Hunter Freedom for the PSP. Can't wait to see what's new.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fartlancer posted:

i hadnt heard of the franchise when world came out and this is what i thought it was

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

capcom teams with the stardew valley team to bring you the spin off, monster rancher

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Guy who thinks Monster Hunter is Monster Rancher* How do I fit Limp Bizkit’s Significant Other into my Switch

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
That’s gonna be a gamer hoorah from me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ground floor.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hizke posted:

I took next Friday off. Let's loving GO

Same, it started as just MH day but then since work wouldn't approve any other days off it became a doctor visit day. But still MH

I played the demo again last night and actually did the wire bug tutorial then I rode all three monsters in the same session and it was rad as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Ground floor.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

havnet narrowed it down yet but im thinking of mainingWeapon Types
English
EDIT

Weapons
Topics: Weapon Types • Weapon Mechanics
Weapon Types: Sword and Shield • Dual Blades • Great Sword • Long Sword • Hammer
Hunting Horn • Lance • Gunlance • Switch Axe • Charge Blade • Insect Glaive • Tonfa
Magnet Spike • Accel Axe • Light Bowgun • Medium Bowgun • Heavy Bowgun • Bow

Great Sword Icon White.pngLong Sword Icon White.pngSword and Shield Icon White.pngDual Blades Icon White.pngHammer Icon White.pngHunting Horn Icon White.pngLance Icon White.pngGunlance Icon White.pngSwitch Axe Icon White.pngInsect Glaive Icon White.pngCharge Blade Icon White.pngTonfa Icon White.pngMagnet Spike Icon White.pngAccel Axe Icon White.png
Light Bowgun Icon White.pngMedium Bowgun Icon White.pngHeavy Bowgun Icon White.pngBow Icon White.png

There are 18 types of weapons in the Monster Hunter universe, with three of them (MBG, CB, IG) exclusive to the main series,two (Tonfa and Magnet Spike) exclusive to Monster Hunter Frontier Z and one (Accel Axe) exclusive to Monster Hunter Explore. Weapons were divided into two different classes: melee and ranged. for RIse.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Medium Bowgun

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lmfao

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Medium Bowgun

Large bowgun the size of a small bowgun

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm at the very end of Persona 5 and Stardew Valley and my anus will be fully prepared in time for this. I think my wife has PTSD from me playing hundreds of hours of unpausable MHW because she keeps asking me if I'm really gonna get another mon hun game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Will be maining humting Horn and will manually walk slow when NPCs are talking out of respect.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Medium Bowgun

Lol

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Will be maining humting Horn and will manually walk slow when NPCs are talking out of respect.

If you aren't doing laps around NPCs can you even say you're playing the game?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

fairly freaking hyped for this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

preorder just went through, let's goooo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lo, there do I see rathalos. Lo, there do I see rathian, and zinogre, and diablos. Lo, there do I see the line of my homies, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them on the couch to hunt monsters, and game with them forever!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Fungah! posted:

Lo, there do I see rathalos. Lo, there do I see rathian, and zinogre, and diablos. Lo, there do I see the line of my homies, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them on the couch to hunt monsters, and game with them forever!

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

was the movie any goopd

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

i think I'll play this docked generally, but i did finally grab some of those joycon grips to make handheld tolerable. the rampage hunts look like they're gonna be lots of fun too... really any quest variety besides hunt and slay is welcome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This will be my first time using a Switch Pro Controller

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a SN30 Pro recently and it's amazeballs.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

In Training posted:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

In Training posted:

same but SN30 Pro+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The pre-load is up btw. Hopefully it unlocks at midnight Thursday.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

herculon posted:

same but SN30 Pro+

I use it for everything, replacing using a 360 controller for the past ten years. There's a Pro 2 coming next month that has a mode quick toggle switch and 2 paddle buttons on the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

tawal posted:

I use it for everything, replacing using a 360 controller for the past ten years. There's a Pro 2 coming next month that has a mode quick toggle switch and 2 paddle buttons on the back.

I think I'm holding out for that, I really love the back buttons on the steam controller