Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i can feel the gamer hype rising to a boil. just a few more days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx7FSL7z0Lw 4 more days

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the frog is inches from the treasure when I burst through the underbrush and cleave him in 'twain with my greatsword, wearing his skin as a hat and daring any of his brethren to approach

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
having intrusive thoughts of carving monsters. latent precog ability maybe.. wouldnt be surprised if the collective worldwide gamer anxiety approaching release is bringing out some dormant psychers

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
found this, thought it might be relevant to the homies ✌️

Yes, The Frog Is Getting Closer To The Treasure Chest
March 21 2021 ☐ Posted by Staff

Q: What does this mean for my horoscope?
“To put it simply, there are major forces at work beyond your control. Things may seem funky for a bit, time slowing, perhaps the frog appearing in retrograde. Perhaps consider reaching out to others, empaths in the tarot and divination communities will be feeling the flux too.”

so yeah, sounds like its temporary, hang in there imps!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

“To put it simply, there are major forces at work beyond your control. Things may seem funky for a bit, time slowing, perhaps the frog appearing in retrograde. Perhaps consider reaching out to others, empaths in the tarot and divination communities will be feeling the flux too.”

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1374398292969234443?s=21

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1374376602709106691

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Traditionally in this series, you're the whipping boy - for the first few dozen hours at least - as you get knocked this way and that by all number of beautiful beasts. In Monster Hunter Rise, however, you are OP AF, and I am 100 per cent for it.

It's not so much that the monsters here are a pushover, and more that Rise is willing to push you through it all with a bit more pep and pace than seen in previous games - here you'll be going head to head with new signature beast Magnamalo when an earlier entry would still have you ferrying eggs from one end of the map to another. Hunts are quicker, too - even the later enemies unlocked after the credits roll, itself done after some 20 hours, can be felled in just over 10 minutes if you've half an idea what you're doing. Is that a problem for a series where endurance and hard-edged challenge has often been part of the make-up? Maybe for some but most certainly not for me - and anyway, the reason these things go down so much quicker is because you the player are so much more dynamic than ever before, with so much more in your arsenal.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lot of Cracker Barrells are probably going to close....

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fffuck that reviews got me nervous lol. i like to take my time playing these, i'm worried i'll only get to hunt each monster once or twice before endgame

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yeah im getting my rear end beat by drome clones and the not-dromes from world. Plus all the epic delivery quests. gently caress you eurogamer!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

fffuck that reviews got me nervous lol. i like to take my time playing these, i'm worried i'll only get to hunt each monster once or twice before endgame

if the monsters have particularly low hp or damage values, i’ll just use less powerful gear

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

if the monsters have particularly low hp or damage values, i’ll just use less powerful gear

its not that so much, i like feeling like i'm building an arsenal of weapons and really figuring out each monster. idk i'm just being retarded

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
its gonna be like a year until G rank expansion so hopefully theres goodass events and dlc in the meantime

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they already announced an April content drop, it'll probably get post launch support that hopefully isn't bad like World's

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

they already announced an April content drop, it'll probably get post launch support that hopefully isn't bad like World's

same director as MHGU so ya hopefully

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Yeah it wont be bad like the bad game that outsold every other game in the series by a factor of 10

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Apparently not only is the endgame really thin at the moment, it doesn't even have an ending lmao

https://www.fanbyte.com/trending/monster-hunter-rise-is-missing-an-ending-at-launch/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ohhh noooo the lore is incomplete

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Apparently not only is the endgame really thin at the moment, it doesn't even have an ending lmao

https://www.fanbyte.com/trending/monster-hunter-rise-is-missing-an-ending-at-launch/

It’s not called Monster Ending Getter.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The moment they patch in the ending is when we'll see the real race for Rise Imp Zone Pioneer. It's going to be a bloodbath, folks.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

aw gently caress

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i have to play this game as soon as possible, ending or no

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

The moment they patch in the ending is when we'll see the real race for Rise Imp Zone Pioneer. It's going to be a bloodbath, folks.

fadam right now:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's no ending so you can play the game forever. Absolute genius move

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It sucks that they're trimming the story...I'm gonna miss investigating Baroth Turds and following the green line.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I keep getting pwned in the demo because, despite not playing MHW for almost 2 years, my brain is wired to the slightly different button layout and I keep drinking potions instead of sheathing and other stupid poo poo.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I know, I know, just makes me a little hesitant about the postgame lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

fadam right now:

I got my copy today so I have a head start too. See you guys in the games beat thread ✌️

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mods make fadam post a picture of his MH Rise game card or permaban him.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

didn't he steal hyrule warriors 2 too? someone find the Imp Zone Piracy Cone of Shame.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

American McGay posted:

Mods make fadam post a picture of his MH Rise game card or permaban him.

The NDA I signed won't let me post pictures of anything, sorry hater.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

didn't he steal hyrule warriors 2 too? someone find the Imp Zone Piracy Cone of Shame.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I know, I know, just makes me a little hesitant about the postgame lol

Dont worry bro youll be able to get one shot a million miles away from a Kirin like in mhw. Its the khantent capcom fans love

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Broke: circle strafingnwith shield
Woke: hitting kirin a million times until it decides to do an aoe that wipes everyone for 100 hours

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

bespoke: the same person dying to kirins aoe three times and everyone immediately leaving the lobby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

was the movie any goopd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXqgFPcY2n8