Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I just got my MR Narcacuga hammer from my first attempt and I'm not sure if it's an "optimal" one but it feels so good getting a huge affinity bonus and not having to fuss about critical chance for a while. One level of Weakness Exploit puts me at 100%, this frees up so many slots lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
discount everything i've ever said about kinsect homerun move. I just discovered how good tetraseal/assistpowder bug is holy hell.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

https://twitter.com/akiko_lawson/status/1554014129375133707?s=21&t=xOIGzSc6YZUPK6WLKbZTIw

Somebody stop me from buying the $100 Monster Hunter cup.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1554776943714865153?s=20&t=lNFxmIAJ3uiNBk9Sl22cUQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they shoulda called it Qurios Qrafting.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Rolled a godlike cozy charm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

That's good poo poo.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
doing anomalies with randos and ran into the biggest nargacuga ive ever seen. I always mount to attack right off since its easy as IG and i'm running up on the guy and I feel like my mount was the last of the litter, he ended up just wiping us out in two moves 30 seconds later lol.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Finally unlocked all the new juicy switch skills. That sonic bloom and silk and shockwave in the hunting horn are both nutty. Monsters stunned and exhausted all day. Massive single hit wake-up. Hunting horn is better than ever.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man they're a little stingy with them at first but they throw a lot of new monsters at you after MR3. Most of the returning ones are from games I haven't played, too -- Espinas is bullshit lol, my jaw dropped the first time he hit me with paralysis, fire, and poison all with the same attack

edit: also Keeping Sway is so cool, feel really bad rear end dodging roars with it. Is it affected by the evade skills?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Details for the August content is coming tomorrow morning. Hype af.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

God drat. I've yet to get a good one in Sunbreak

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was only able to watch like 3 minutes of the video but it seems loving awesome. They brought back the 4U endgame system I never got to try where you level up hunts to make them harder. Based

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh poo poo it comes out tomorrow

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos. Let’s loving go

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This is the worst time to be on vacation away from my pc. I just bought like three switch games to try and contain the hunter shakes.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This is the worst time to be on vacation away from my pc. I just bought like three switch games to try and contain the hunter shakes.

Was one Monster Hunter?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This anomaly lab stuff is mind boggling, there is a metric ton of poo poo they just added with this. And I guess I'll just gamble on random armor now the build possibilities are just limitless

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
my eyes immediately glazed over as i realized this is for the nerds to figure out

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
my teammates are absolutely getting their asses handed to them and I'll certainly help them, once i get my hands on this red glowing herb over here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They apparently stealth added more mons than they announced too, in the higher level anomaly investigations 👀 they did this in HR too with bazelgeuse, pretty awesome.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

They apparently stealth added more mons than they announced too, in the higher level anomaly investigations 👀 they did this in HR too with bazelgeuse, pretty awesome.

what did they add?? jho?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hizke posted:

what did they add?? jho?

MR versions of the apexes

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

MR versions of the apexes

Oh. [Throws my copy in the bin]

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Malzenio is hard, triple carted my rear end last night on my first attempt. His teleport/tail stab thing does so much damage, this feels like the first boss in a while that can easily kill me from 50%+ HP. I think i'm gonna want his whole armor set though, it seems really fun for hammer

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

where the f is jho

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fungah! posted:

where the f is jho

They killed his rear end

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i miss jho angrily showing up in the middle of hunts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i miss mons showin up midhunt being big chaos and a major oh poo poo moment generally. mountings neat but its less fun overall imo than OH poo poo ITS JHO or whatever

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I still smile whenever Bazelgeuse comes honking into a fight, his roar is so good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i miss jho angrily showing up in the middle of hunts

if they bring back jho they should give him the exclusive ability to knock you into Loading Screens where youre teleported somewhere else half-dead and stunned

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

extremebuff posted:

if they bring back jho they should give him the exclusive ability to knock you into Loading Screens where youre teleported somewhere else half-dead and stunned
I was thinking recently it would be cool if there was a mon who could disable your wirebug and force you to fight like its old fashioned monhun

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Cat Machine posted:

I was thinking recently it would be cool if there was a mon who could disable your wirebug and force you to fight like its old fashioned monhun

aw maaaaan yeah!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If nothing else it'd be cool if Jho was the only monster immune to being mounted and who would focus on the hunter over the other monster if he crashed a fight. It feels like he should be a real threat rather than a free mount like Bazel can be

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My idea was that if you mount Jho he automatically snaps you off and goes into the pin move

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

There's that one blight that slows wiregauge recovery and I hate it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm never going to finish Xbc3. There's too much Content now. I wanna grind out a Level 100 Tetranadon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

herculon posted:

Was one Monster Hunter?

I already have rise on switch but different region so I couldn’t get the dlc…

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lucent Narga was a dope rear end fight, what an awesome variant to one of the already best monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I guess I never did his quest in base game so MR Rajang was my first Rajang fight ever. his moveset is so cool and expressive-- I was hooting and hollering when he did his bellyflop-into-Sonic The Hedgehog homing spin attack