Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

I guess I never did his quest in base game so MR Rajang was my first Rajang fight ever. his moveset is so cool and expressive-- I was hooting and hollering when he did his bellyflop-into-Sonic The Hedgehog homing spin attack

i think id like rajang a lot better in this game where you have actual mobility options. in mhw it really felt like he was designed as a raid fight for a team, he was just insanely fast and difficult to punish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Furious Rajang is where I stopped playing in World, he was such a huge rear end in a top hat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Furious Rajang is where I stopped playing in World, he was such a huge rear end in a top hat

their answer to a dozen players complaining the new content was too easy was to add superfights where the monsters one-shot you with trips and all their animations are 3x as fast lol the mhw endgame sucked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

their answer to a dozen players complaining the new content was too easy was to add superfights where the monsters one-shot you with trips and all their animations are 3x as fast lol the mhw endgame sucked

They also went overboard on cinematic supers that could one shot the party if people messed up, they still have some of that in Rise but it's way more restrained and quicker, so when it happens its just more like another badass attack that flattened the squad. Garangolm has some kind of super nuke that I've only ever seen him use like once, and the Valstrax divebomb is the ultimately badass version of that kind of attack.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rajang pwns, double rajang in freedom unite was the hardest poo poo on the planet and beating it made me feel like a God

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

rajang pwns, double rajang in freedom unite was the hardest poo poo on the planet and beating it made me feel like a God

the hardest hunt I've ever solo'd was G5 Thunderlord in GU, it was Hyper Astalos, Furious Rajang and Thunderlord Zinogre in the sanctuary arena. Took me fuckin ages and many attempts but I prevailed and felt untouchable

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

nothing amazing but decent deco slots and it's a Comfy one.

Lucent Nargacuga kicks rear end, what a fun fight. Hard as hell but not just a big HP sack

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Aug 14, 2022

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I went to the Monster Hunter bar over the weekend and it was such a cool weird thing. They had a big khezu hunting horn hanging from the ceiling front and centre. There was some announcement part way through and everyone whipped out their switches for some special event where you hunt a basarios and win a little prize but I’m playing this rear end on pc. There was a a couple that was some otaku guy and a maid cosplayer and when they won the hunt they they stood up robotically and she started pushing him to the counter like a little bitch. I hope he’s getting that rear end.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I went to the Monster Hunter bar over the weekend and it was such a cool weird thing. They had a big khezu hunting horn hanging from the ceiling front and centre. There was some announcement part way through and everyone whipped out their switches for some special event where you hunt a basarios and win a little prize but I’m playing this rear end on pc. There was a a couple that was some otaku guy and a maid cosplayer and when they won the hunt they they stood up robotically and she started pushing him to the counter like a little bitch. I hope he’s getting that rear end.
Congratulations on winning the hunt with your maid cosplayer friend.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lmfao owns

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My daughter likes to draw dragons for fun so I asked her to do an Astalos

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

P-Mack posted:

Badass!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Sick.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

P-Mack posted:

Nice work

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Hell yeah.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's s badass dragon.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

P-Mack posted:

loving cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

P-Mack posted:

thats awesome

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I bought MH:R because I liked MH:W. I didn't buy the expansions because I remembered I didn't play the expansion in MH:W. Is that the case for this game too?

I like the big crossbow and the little crossbow and maybe the hammer

Sig by Insane Anime ~thx

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

I bought MH:R because I liked MH:W. I didn't buy the expansions because I remembered I didn't play the expansion in MH:W. Is that the case for this game too?

Is you not playing the expansion the case for this game? Yes, right now it is. Great expansion though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

lolling at this again

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just modeled the in game dog after my irl dog 10/10 game

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if you want more after you beat the big final hub quest boss then buy the expansion. it slots in really clean

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Imma ninja monster hunter

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

the expansion sorta btfo's the endgame content for the base game and makes it useless so if you beat the big bad/get HR7 i'd honestly just get sunbreak at that point and immediately start it so you get skill switching+access to new skills as soon as possible. then you can grind your brains out without having to learn a new combo set later than necessary.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

KirbyKhan posted:

The expansion does basically nothing until you're at the end of the base game's story, but it's very good and a welcome slight step up in difficulty. I recommend it but there's no point in buying until you've finished Rise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this game is coming to all the consoles + gamepass in January. ENjoy to all the haters and losers without Switches and PCs.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

this game is coming to all the consoles + gamepass in January. ENjoy to all the haters and losers without Switches and PCs.

I hope there’s cross play

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

they couldn't even implement cross-save between PC and Switch, wouldn't count on it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

owns. ive kinda fallen off gaming on my PC when I have the X

Cat Machine posted:

they couldn't even implement cross-save between PC and Switch, wouldn't count on it

their solution to no crossplay is to give everyone cheat weapons that cost 1 iron to build and devastate LR+HR so you can get to the expansion quickly lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

their solution to no crossplay is to give everyone cheat weapons that cost 1 iron to build and devastate LR+HR so you can get to the expansion quickly lol

lol pathetic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th stuff before the endgame is 100% the best part of monster hunter

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

this. imagine starting a new diablo expansion and they just give you an inventory of set items and two sojs lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the endgame more bc I like to craft every piece of gear and every deco and make 25 different gimmick sets

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I like the endgame more bc I like to craft every piece of gear and every deco and make 25 different gimmick sets

This.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I like that third star level where you pick through the 3rd tier of gear and you won't lose no matter what your gear is, but it'll feel better if you do the correct gear rituals.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

wrong. its actuually the bosses + learning more lore.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

followin th handler at 2/3 walking speed while she talks abot dragons...:pumped:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

This, but without 25 years of being a known troll plus huge negative post count.