Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Kinda wish the trailer hinted at or showed what the mystery or magical thing or supernatural event or whatever the game is about. I like the setting well enough but I wanna know what the weird part is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

So far the trailers have seemed to intimate at some dark eldritch presence haunting the town ala IT but that's only the most obvious conclusion so I hope it's something more original.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

So far the trailers have seemed to intimate at some dark eldritch presence haunting the town ala IT but that's only the most obvious conclusion so I hope it's something more original.

I'm totally okay with eldritch stuff, I just didn't pick up anything in the trailer, I'll have to rewatch it. Granted I did watch it on my phone

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 30, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I'm totally okay with electrics stuff, I just didn't pick up anything in the trailer, I'll have to rewatch it. Granted I did watch it on my phone

It’s more present in the original trailer than in the most recent one

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

pentyne posted:

literally every mf'er making 6 figures at game companies has no loving clue how to make successful games

I'm gonna lol if it was actually Square Enix that forced LiS2 to be what it was instead of Dontnod

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Larryb posted:

It’s more present in the original trailer than in the most recent one

I didn't realize there were other trailers :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I didn't realize there were other trailers :v:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_RpZoPbsae4

The game was announced at the end of last year, this is the first update we’ve had in months

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 30, 2024

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aw yeah now we're talkin. Can't wait to explore the purple hole

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m also kind of curious what the power/gimmick is going to be (the previous LiS clone Tell Me Why had telepathy and the ability to see memories in front of you like sci-fi holograms for example)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Larryb posted:

Seems interesting enough, I’m guessing this will be another Tell Me Why esque game where it’s basically an unofficial LiS title in nearly all but name (this one does feel a little more ambitious however). Has anything been said about the gameplay/gimmick yet?

Also based on the whole debacle from a little bit ago I guess there’s going to be a LiS4 of sorts from Deck Nine eventually too (assuming they got rid of the nazi poo poo and didn’t scrap the whole project by now that is). If it does happen, curious if those rumors of Max returning to take center stage again will end up being true

it does seem like the nazi poo poo is literally 1-2 members of staff, likely senior dev, who are emboldened by wildly ineffective leadership as opposed to some kind of secret klan group or actual nazi work culture. The 'problem' as it were could be fixed in a matter of days/weeks.

That's not really too much better given one senior dev who was chronically abusive to female coworkers was punished by having his workspace moved farther away, and he didn't actually get consequenced until he started screaming full volume at an HR rep during a meeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

corgski posted:

I'm gonna lol if it was actually Square Enix that forced LiS2 to be what it was instead of Dontnod

Still darkly funny to me that a Square executive had to step in and say "stop making these games so gay" like they're just allergic to money.