Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/kendallkaut/status/1378486079674802177

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

how the gently caress do they not count that bucket lmao

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

I think they did?

Yeah I think you're right, good. Still a ticky tack foul.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Fouls are going to be a Problem for UCLA before this game is done.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

If I were a UCLA fan I'd be having very complex emotions about feeling disappointed that Gonzaga managed to scrape out a 1 point lead at the half.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also I feel like whoever wins this one, assuming both teams play the same way they have today (they probably won't) is going to get absolutely *smoked* on Monday. Which is not how I was expecting to feel about today's results.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

I have a *really* hard time seeing anybody smoke Gonzaga.

That's how I felt before today but also I was expecting UCLA to get done worse than Houston and instead they drat near controlled a half of basketball.

Likely just something of a blip, but still.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Benne posted:

UCLA played basically a perfect half and is still losing, I don't see how that's an indictment of Gonzaga at all

I mean you could fault Gonzaga for not stopping their plan from going so well - I got the impression that Houston wanted to play a similar strategy against Baylor wrt playing slow, rebounding a lot, winning on defense and then of course Baylor shot it to pieces and won the first half by 25 whereas Gonzaga hasn't done the same to UCLA.

But ofc in fairness the easiest answer is likely just that I'm underrating UCLA because I haven't watched them this year. :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Unforced turnovers against Gonzaga seem ill-advised

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I feel like this game is over if Gonzaga gets the lead above like 5 or so....

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This game's been entertaining IMO

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

UCLA making so many hard shots, my goodness

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lol if we spend the entire season waiting for the game of the century between Baylor/Gonzaga and we end on Baylor blowing out UCLA

Even more lol if Baylor loses to UCLA

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wanna see that fuckin block again

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lol he didn’t touch the ball

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh my god

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I’m pretty entertained

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Timme cannot miss

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I’d say that was a terrible shot choice but they’ve been making that poo poo all game........

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ballgame

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Holy gently caress

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I forget, if I fail a toxx I get banned and owe :10bux: to unban right?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress it. Bears in regulation. :toxx:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

God Timme's moustache is just the worst tho

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zags don’t want none

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ZAGS DONT WANT NONE.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The bailout!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gonzaga might have a better offense overall, but Baylor has the better defense and thus far that gap looks, uh

Decisive

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That is the happiest I’ve ever seen a top ranked team to go to halftime down 10

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

(I am not a Gonzaga fan for the record, was just saying)

wasn't directed at you lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

!!!!!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kirios posted:

how did baylor lose this year

Both losses were in the stretch where they had a bunch of games immediately after losing like 3 weeks to COVID

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zags with the sexy behind the back pass turnover

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor’s defense tonight man.......

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor won a natty.

Holy poo poo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Brogeoisie posted:

Gonzaga is shooting over 50% from the floor and have just missed a lot of wide open 3s. Their defense has been good, don't get me wrong, but they're winning because of their awesome offensive rebounding and sick guard play from these pull up 3s

I mean yea but also Gonzaga has been *pretty good* at scoring this year lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyway it was my toxx that did it imo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Boy though, I thought a Baylor blowout was possible, especially given that Gonzaga had to deal with all the extra physical/emotional exhaustion of the nailbiter in the final four + the weight of completing a perfect season....but I didn't think it would actually happen!

Holy poo poo!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

whatever happened to the "baylor bitch" guy

....That might've been me? I don't recall having a reputation as "the baylor bitch guy" but I said it a few times in another life, and I don't remember anyone else saying it....

Anyway I stopped posting for a while after the Briles poo poo for Obvious Reasons (gently caress Art Briles) and between the sports results and Real Life poo poo I just didn't have it in me to post about sports a lot for a few years.

National championship's enough to pull me back out for a bit, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

anne frank fanfiction moved out of texas so he no longer has the power to make his team win by saying ..bitch

ohhhhhhhh I forgot about that guy