Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

someone w/ my exact address on the next street over keeps ordering big bags full of energy drinks and candy from GoPuff and they show up at my door instead almost every other week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

During 2020 I lived in an apartment in the back corner of a gigantic complex that was 99% surrounded with walls, there was only one road in and to get to my unit all you had to do was follow the road straight to the very back of the complex. That's it. I didn't have my own car and lived alone so I was relying on instacart/doordash for food. After about 4 months I uninstalled both apps and started walking to the grocery store instead because of the number of drivers who couldn't find my place. After the first few I started sending detailed written instructions. "Drive through the double arches, follow the road straight to the very back. I am in unit # at the end of the road, right in front of parking space #". Not just putting them in the app but also texting them to the driver while they were picking up the food.

Maybe 1/2 had no problem finding it. Out of the other half most would turn right immediately after entering the double arch gates and then drive in circles around the complex for a while before calling me. About half of them would then call me a second time when they still couldn't find it after the first call. There were a few who literally made me walk 1/2 mile to the front of the complex and meet them there because they could not figure out my instructions. I would walk straight down the road at them for the entire 1/2 mile waving at them.

The reason most restaurants don't offer delivery is probably that ppl are too dumb to find unit numbers in an apartment complex