Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

We don't have this in germany afaik, so I have to ask. Does it really cost like 10 dollars + just to get food delivered through these services? Do restaurants not offer normal delivery anymore in the US? I saw some tweet about people paying like 40 bucks for a meal with this and it boggled my mind.

It’s closer to 5 usually, but some restaurants increase their prices on Uber eats to offset the 30% cut. A lot of restaurants still offer normal delivery, especially pizza and Chinese places. I know Germans don’t really spend money on eating out but 40 after tax and tip is pricey but not unheard of for a dinner at a restaurant here.

When Uber eats first launched I remember they were going for more of a luxury thing, they didn’t even have any fast food on there, at least where I live.

Edit: I guess it also depends on if you’re ordering from somewhere where you would normally tip or not. If your Uber eatsing McDonald’s then the difference between pickup and delivery is easily 10 dollars I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU