Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
let me get out of the way to use phone delivery/direct from the restaurant wherever possible, don't order using them unless the restaurant literally advertises irl to use grubhub with them, or it's a big chain etc, and also Tip A Freaking Lot

there I think that gets us past the inevitable first page of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I ordered like, 3 big customized things from taco bell (cgc, crunchwrap, ???)

And they sent me 8 bean/cheese burritos and 8 soft tacos. And a bag full of mild sauce.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i live in a poorly marked apartment complex surrounded on all sides by poorly marked apartment complexes. i give extremely thorough directions to help with this but it's still a maybe 1/5 chance to have to call them or have them give up on the order while literally driving by my apartment. I heard my neighbor on the phone getting v. exasperated with a driver the other day lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Son of Rodney posted:

We don't have this in germany afaik, so I have to ask. Does it really cost like 10 dollars + just to get food delivered through these services? Do restaurants not offer normal delivery anymore in the US? I saw some tweet about people paying like 40 bucks for a meal with this and it boggled my mind.

yes it really does, at least if you tip like a decent person

We still have in house delivery, but it's almost exclusively pizza and chinese.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
wtf they added a scrolling voyeur function to ubereats