Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

both of those sound disgusting af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bonzo posted:

Can we also complain about drivers that pick up an order from a shop that is a 5 minutes from your house but they drive to 4 other shops on the other side of the freeway so I get cold food? On the plus side I get a free order the next time but still.

I guarantee you this is not the drivers’ fault, it’s the company’s.

When I worked for Instacart they did this poo poo all the loving time. They make you do pick-up-only orders where you have two or three deliveries right next to the store and then SURPRISE!, your last delivery is all the way on the opposite loving side of town, a 2-hour drive from where you are now! A bunch of people protest it by just refusing to take those last orders, but Instacart never loving changes its policy no matter what. It loving sucks and I promise you that it’s the food delivery app’s fault and the driver has no say in it whatsoever.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Also don’t use Instacart. They suck. Get your groceries delivered by some other company instead. It is literally better for you to go hungry than it is for you to use/give any money to Instacart.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

buglord posted:

Yeah this sucks with apartment complexes. Nobody ever reads the delivery notes and I explicitly put on there not to deliver where the maps software directs them to.

I don’t have the heart to not tip the people who don’t read the directions, because as an occasional Uber driver, the pay was effectively around $9/hr after gas. But god people are idiots.

Having been a delivery guy myself, it’s not so much that we don’t read the delivery notes (although a lot of people don’t and I’ve missed a few myself) as it is that we’re always exhausted/in a hurry to get to the next order, and in that tiredness and haste is a tendency to rely on just the GPS software.

Plus exiting out of a GPS app to read a customer’s directions can be pretty dangerous when we’re driving. That poo poo is how wrecks happen. And since the GPS normally at least guides us to the complex, but doesn’t always use the same route to get there, there’s never a guarantee that a customer’s directions are gonna be helpful, especially if the complex in question has multiple entrances and the customer directions start at a different place than where the GPS got us to.

I do always appreciate when a customer gives me some way to easily locate their apartment/building in a big confusing rear end complex. The less I have to call them for help, the better.

buglord posted:

e: same with bozos that don’t tell me there’s a gate code in order to enter their community. Lotta help that does me, jerk.

This, however, is annoying as gently caress. Unless you’re in witness protection or on the run from Lowtax there’s pretty much never a reason not to give your delivery guy the gate code in the notes.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 20, 2021