Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I have a bunch of abandoned script ideas, so this is a good opportunity to get one finished. It's been way too long since I wrote a script. I think this time I'm going to write a different genre from what I usually do. It's going to be a supernatural horror movie set in the post-civil war American frontier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Question: can we start putting together a blueprint or other framework (or other prep work) before the deadline?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Last time I wrote a 130 page script I did it in 8 days. I don't intend to beat that record but I have a 4 day weekend coming up so I should get a big chunk of it done.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I've had a lot of personal life stuff pop up that's broken my concentration (not all bad, mostly good, but still) so I'm not sure if I'm going to get very far with my script. At the very least I'll have a solid first act done and a good skeleton of where I want to wrap things up.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I was thinking, I can post that script I had written a couple years back over 8 days, so we can at least have something complete in the thread. It was over spring break in 2017 and I'm pretty proud of it, even if the climax still needs work (I basically wrote it in a rush of energy and haven't looked back since, even though I've blueprinted everything I wanted to change). I think part of my block this time around is it's a story I'm not very passionate about so I wasn't able to dedicate a lot of mental energy to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I've had some personal relationship stuff blow up in my face, I'm definitely out of the running. Sorry everyone :(