Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Does it need to be a 100% new script or can I use something I've started but never finished?

I have one script that I only ever got 4 pages into.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I have two ideas that have potential:

-Video Hell Spawn
London in the 1980s. A university professor, and expert in the occult, is brutally murdered. His assistant, with the aid of a greasy video store employee, investigates and discovers that he was part of a sinister government plan to turn the poor of Britain into hideous murderous mutants via videotapes injected with Satanic subliminal messages.

-Nightcry (very bad working title)
A dysfunctional couple desperately tried to save their crumbling relationship by going on a week-long camping trip through Iceland. After a series of drunken arguments they're ejected from a campsite and forced to rough it in a location where that woman soon discovers is haunted by the útburður, the vengeful ghost of infants left for dead in the wilderness in ancient times. She hears the anguished cries in the night but He either doesn't or pretends not to. But soon the haunting progresses to the point that no one could ignore it.

As you can tell I'm a genre sort of guy. The second one has more potential from a practical standpoint because 90% of it would be two actors outside so no sets and tiny cast. But maybe I shouldn't be thinking so practically at this stage.

I've also been working on a script that's basically 17th century folk horror Predator but I'm already neck deep in research for that and have at least a couple more months more of digging through court documents and letters and annals before I'm ready to properly start and that project is so aggressively Icelandic that it basically needs to be written in ástkæra ylhýra Icelandic which would make feedback difficult.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I figure that even if I don't reach 100 by the 30th I'll at least have gotten started and built momentum.

I usually write pretty fast but actually getting started is by far the slowest part of the process.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

FreudianSlippers posted:

-Nightcry (very bad working title)
A dysfunctional couple desperately tried to save their crumbling relationship by going on a week-long camping trip through Iceland. After a series of drunken arguments they're ejected from a campsite and forced to rough it in a location where that woman soon discovers is haunted by the útburður, the vengeful ghost of infants left for dead in the wilderness in ancient times. She hears the anguished cries in the night but He either doesn't or pretends not to. But soon the haunting progresses to the point that no one could ignore it.

Started on a short script as a warm-up for this. Partly because I doubt the feature script will be any longer than 85 pages and partly because I intend to actually make these in the near future, the short first to serve as s proof of concept of sorts like Raimi did with Within the Woods to get funding for The Evil Dead.

Got about ten pages in for something that will be at most 15 pages.

Working fast because it's a loose adaptation of M.R. James' ghost story 'Oh, Whistle, and I'll Come to You, My Lad' so I already have the basic story and structure from that and transposing it to a guy alone in a tent.

So I can then write a similar story about two people alone in a tent.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I've been having trouble getting work done so I probably won´t make it unless I really let loose in the next week.

On the bright side I revisited an old short script (actually written as a 20 minute episode of a TV project that didn't work out) I did a few years ago and gave it a quick polish and slight rewrite and sent it to a few folks and one of them is enthusiastic enough about it that he wants to find a way to make it a reality.