Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

St. Louis Cemetery #1 was actually a grain silo built by aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Wow, Gabriel is so embarrassing, it's hard to watch.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Professor Duck posted:

Well, we're into the "vampire thing"....it's a thing, all right!

See....that would require having intentionally humorous exchanges in the writing :v:

Anyway, moving on from there, we're off to....THE PUZZLE. Yes, THAT puzzle, and I will only be referring to this as "THE PUZZLE" in any way. I know there's stupider ones in different games, but this is probably the more famous of those (Longest Journey comes to mind immediately. I know there's a super convoluted one in Runescape, too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t5EzIguyb0

Seeing it in action the puzzle is way better than I expected, though not great. Obviously it could have been avoided by Gabriel not being an idiot and just renting the "less manly" scooter, but otherwise it kinda makes sense. The renter checks the passport to match against the people on the tour, so you need to steal Mosely's, but Gabriel doesn't look at all like him so the passport needs to be altered. The easiest way to do that is add facial hair to hide facial features and something to hide that Gabriel isn't bald like Mosely, so putting on a cap and drawing on the passport makes sense. Adding the suit jacket, because that's probably what Mosely wore in the photo makes sense as an extra thing that also hides that you were already there. As mentioned there are hints about the candy but that's still a bit finicky. Making the actual moustache is the only part that's actually unforgivably bad, because the cat is in an out of the way place, and you need two different adhesives to actually make it.

Also pretty interesting that despite everything I've hear about this game, no one has ever mentioned the odd camera system, it's a neat idea but I don't really think it works in this game.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Sekenr posted:

Well, GK3 is so goddamned awful I can't watch it, somehow even voice acting is poo poo.

I honestly find it less awful than the second game, which I must admit I skipped the last few episodes off because the acting was so embarrassing. Moving to 3d and not having Gabriel try to speak French to everyone really helps.