Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Scaramouche posted:

Blister's green screen.

Fondly remembering this from Faceguy's Thousand Year Door LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm just gonna wheel my rear end into this corner and continue to curl into a ball of solid old.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I'm just gonna wheel my rear end into this corner and continue to curl into a ball of solid old.

Still yelling at your clan?

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I like rereading Mystic Mongol's King of Dragon Pass and the adventures of Garstal, So Dreamy :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And I just watched Captain Novolin this afternoon. Check you feet.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

And I just watched Captain Novolin this afternoon. Check you feet.
but op, that's vicas' gimmick

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

but op, that's vicas' gimmick

Secretsssssss.

E: That reference is probably not 15 years old. Maybe 13 or 14 though. Jade is still around somewhere.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
If it weren't for LP I wouldn't have made some of my best friends, I wouldn't have had the academic career I have, and I certainly wouldn't be the person I am today. Eight years ago I put my MA dissertation on Let's Play up online, and that led to a number of conference attenances, papers, a couple of publications and a lot of convoluted postgraduate adventures.

Also, without LP I never would have discovered some of my favourite games or online personalities. To say this "weird little pseudo-hobby" was important to me would be a gross understatement. Here's to fifteen more years - maybe somewhere along the way we can pioneer an Unregistered Hypercam 3...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:toot: :toot: :toot:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Happy birthday :letsplay: !

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
happy b-day LP. this thread has become an old friend :unsmith:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Hello again, thread, and happy birthday SALP!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Has it already been that long already? Time flies when you're making updates.

Here's to another year, SALP! :toot:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Just think, I first started lurking on SA games thread because of DarkId's screenshot LP of RE4, and NOW a remake of it is coming out in the next 4 days!

...hooray?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

h16bdsalpf

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
proud to have been making this subforum worse for 15 of those years, especially the last three

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Thank y'all for your service.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started following SA because of Video LPs, but I think screenshot LPs are something basically unique to this site. I ended up regging because the pay wall came back up and I wanted to keep following some :sweatdrop: Shoutout to everyone keeping that tradition alive!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Shoutout to Medibot, who while still around has taken basically their entire catalog private. I never know if you've seen me say it, but I loved your work more than maybe any other I've seen. I only hope you know just how much you've meant to everyone.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To this day, "support esports" is part of my lexicon

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

To this day, "support esports" is part of my lexicon

If, by some miracle, I ever meet them in person, I want nothing more than to be absolutely bodied in Yoshi's Cookie

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Is Coldstone still around?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
To celebrate the 16th b-day, SALP now has some new LP-specific tags:

From left-to-right: SSLP, VLP solo, VLP group, CYOA, and Hybrid LP tags!

All credit goes to vilkacis for making these literally years ago. The idea was that we might set up SALP to have a sub-tag function like what Ask/Tell and SA-Mart has. Apparently the radium code to do that is spaghetti and annoying to deal with... and critically, you wouldn't be able to sort thread-types by those tags, which kind of defeats the point. Rather than never use them though, I figured we'd get some mileage out of them here anyways.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Cool!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Oh man, 16 years. I'm trying to think back on what the earliest LP I ever read here was... I think it might've been Dark Id's Drakengard LP.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
drat. I haven't run an actual LP in years.

Maybe one day. Maybe when LP turns 20. Which is about when I turn 40. Oh no.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I also barely follow LPs anymore. It's a once in a blue moon kind of thing. Once a year tops, and I don't post in the threads because I'm usually way behind or on the archives. Last LP I followed on the forums rather than the archives was Omori by really queer christmas and I had finally caught up the day they locked the thread just before I could post that I liked the LP.

cKnoor
Nov 2, 2000

I built this thumb out of two nails, a broken bottle and some razorwire.
Slippery Tilde
This subforum esssentially got me a job, so that's pretty nice.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cKnoor posted:

This subforum esssentially got me a job, so that's pretty nice.

Congrats on being an LP Superstar :toot:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

My post will not be longer than 10 minutes because that is the Youtube limit.

This RP joke is still my favorite after 10+ years of content, I'll still get tears in my eyes from laughing.

IGgy IGsen posted:

I also barely follow LPs anymore. It's a once in a blue moon kind of thing. Once a year tops, and I don't post in the threads because I'm usually way behind or on the archives. Last LP I followed on the forums rather than the archives was Omori by really queer christmas and I had finally caught up the day they locked the thread just before I could post that I liked the LP.

Thank you! I actually got a number of pms from people who either found the lp on the archives and loved it or even a couple people who joined the forums to follow along or thank me for that LP. I really appreciated how much people enjoyed that one.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Somehow my first LP was actually like 12 years ago in 2011 and I barely knew what I was doing, but I think I still produced a pretty decent Sigma Star Saga LP for the time. I've kinda wanted to redo it but I'm not really sure what I'd actually accomplish remastering it since it still seems fine to me!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, so that's what FP stands for. I remember I read that LP but I won't pretend I remember much about it 12 years later.

LevelZeroBadger
Mar 27, 2020
I guess this is an appropriate time to say:
Thanks jerkwads - for the countless time I've spent binging your content in leu of attempting to socialize like a normal human.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

The best LP ever made was DocFuture's Sonic 2 Special Edition for the Sega CD 32X

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Lynneth posted:

I don't recall what LP I first read or watched - probably Wiz' Hohenzollern, really. I ended up registering just to read LPs, and I haven't left this forum ever since.
Happy birthday, LP Forum. Even if I'm a few days late.

This was pretty much my experience too, and so it seems appropriate that I form a chain of dialogue with past birthdays of this thread, as I did with the LP forum itself.

Thanks for everything, folks.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Without the Something Awful Let Us Play Forum I would have never learned that this quartet of circles is completely invincible, or have sung Life is Beautiful in a giant goony asynchronous choir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kung-Fu Jesus posted:

The best LP ever made was DocFuture's Sonic 2 Special Edition for the Sega CD 32X