Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

paul_soccer12 posted:

nader close thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
i'm writing in this guy

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttrump

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

indigi posted:

I did vote for her in 2016 though cause Stein seemed too nuts

realtalk why her over Gloria La Riva or Alyson Kennedy, aren’t their parties larger

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Maximo Roboto posted:

realtalk why her over Gloria La Riva or Alyson Kennedy, aren’t their parties larger

I voted for kennedy in 2020 in a swing state and endorse this message :slick:

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

like every other election, i would write-in Iosef Jughashvili, a.k.a. Stalin

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Animal-Mother posted:

i'm writing in this guy

Jeffrey Tambor really did do his best work on the Larry Sanders show

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Bill Bradley or John McCain, it's so hard to choose between such honorable men I hope we don't end up with those silver spoon boys George W. Bush and Al "Bore" on the ballots, which I prefer butterflied!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I felt dumb about voting for Ralph Nader for a long time, but in a strange twist, it turns out 20 y.o. me was actually right about something

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye
larouche

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Maximo Roboto posted:

I wonder if the U.S. drastically weakening the U.N. and international norms with Iraq also destroyed any chance for global multilateralism.

insofar as they get any real respect, international norms are a first world liberal project so weakening them is probably a good thing, like how it's good that Trump hurt U.S. soft power

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Private Cumshoe posted:

Bill Bradley or John McCain, it's so hard to choose between such honorable men I hope we don't end up with those silver spoon boys George W. Bush and Al "Bore" on the ballots, which I prefer butterflied!

Speaking of which, McCain might've won the nom over W in 2004 if Gore had won in 2000

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
I don't care. I'm taking piloting lessons.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
bernie panders

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I vote Nader and think 'why the gently caress am I in Florida, I need to get out of here'

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
After arriving to the polling location on my friend's shoulders, wrapped in a trenchcoat, I would probably write in "Nintendo", which IIRC is the only thing I could think about before I discovered jerking off

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

i wasnt in florida but i voted for Harry Browne because I Was a Teenaged Objectivist AMA

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

eSports Chaebol posted:

i wasnt in florida but i voted for Harry Browne because I Was a Teenaged Objectivist AMA

what's it like voting Libertarian back when the Green Party- Ralph Nader at least- would regularly beat them before Gary Johnson came on the scene?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Maximo Roboto posted:

what's it like voting Libertarian back when the Green Party- Ralph Nader at least- would regularly beat them before Gary Johnson came on the scene?

There were (or at least I believed there were though it sounds true still) more elected self-identified Libertarians than any other third party by far (unless you count the local things Democrat and Farmer party) even if they were just dog catchers

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Al Gore because that last name is metal as hell.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Feldegast42 posted:

If Gore won in 2000 I doubt he would have been able to do much to actually advance on mitigating climate change but there is a higher probability that 9/11 would have been stopped

But if 9/11 still happened he would have lost to Dubya in a landslide in 2004 and we would probably be back in the same situation

I think we would have still invaded Afghanistan though

bush did 9/11 so without bush, 9/11 wouldnt have happened. no point in alternative-historying it when bush did 9/11

you haven't deeply internalized the unquestionable fact that bush 9/11 if there's even a hint of probability, because he did.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

eSports Chaebol posted:

There were (or at least I believed there were though it sounds true still) more elected self-identified Libertarians than any other third party by far (unless you count the local things Democrat and Farmer party) even if they were just dog catchers

Yeah, looks like Libertarians always beat Greens, the only times they didn't was when Nader ran as the Green nominee ('96 and 2000). He was just an independent juggernaut, a lesser Perot

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Xaris posted:

bush did 9/11 so without bush, 9/11 wouldnt have happened. no point in alternative-historying it when bush did 9/11

you haven't deeply internalized the unquestionable fact that bush 9/11 if there's even a hint of probability, because he did.

wait couldn't he do it so he'd win in '04

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Maximo Roboto posted:

cause I liked her and Lamont Lily more, and at the time WWP was more active in my area

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
im voting 2

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
we laugh but at least today florida has its poo poo together now as far as election results.

we knew who won Florida in 2016 and 2020 very quickly

its like the one thing they figured out how to do well

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Good question. I would buy stock in Apple, Monster Energy Drink, and Lockheed Martin.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMOGYipQeyM

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

gary condit

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ralph nader

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i can't believe so many people here like voting

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Vote? What am I some robot nerd like Al Gore?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Suspicious posted:

pat buchanan obviously

I too am a Long Beach Jew retiree

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

He says it @ 1:37 :eyepop:

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
Vote!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I too am a Long Beach Jew retiree

I don't think you can retire from that

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ross Perot

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
i manipulate my ballot card to have the most scandalous and attention seeking configuration of hanging chads possible, and scribble in the margins "foolish honkeys, soon i will level those twin monuments of your christian depravity for my muslim master, b.h. obama", chortling with contentment as i disappear in a puff of paradox

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Mumia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Gore being president in 2000 would mean dems on the Supreme Court, which would mean Veith v Jubilerer 2004 has the opposite outcome and partisan gerrymandering is unconstitutional.

Allowing states to strike down partisan destrict maps in 2004 would vastly improve the situation we'd be in now. 9/11, The War in Iraq, the 2008 crash are all peanuts compared to having state governments that aren't right wing totalitarian dictatorships for the next 50 years.

So my opinion is that voting 3rd party was fully justified any other time. 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020... However, 2000 was the last time elections mattered and Nader voters ironically signed the death warrant for the project of democracy in America, and the whole world will pay for it.