Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

1 r, 2 t's, 3 p's and 4 e's. that's how you spell perfection.

Rttpppeeee is not good spelling, Pappsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cruft posted:

Heads up vegetarian goon, clamato has clam in it.

I had vegan jerky once, it was okay, but it seemed a little pointless to me. Like, nobody's trying to form beef into a facsimile of a banana, why are we going the other way here.

Jackfruit seems like maybe unpretentious vegetarian jerky. I've only had it once but I liked it.

I wish I could eat jackfruit because it gives that same chewy stringy have to fight it satisfaction like meat, but also is actually better tasting to me. vOv

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also yes vegan pepperettes exist and yes I have eaten them and yes they are pointless but sometimes I just want something from childhood.

Sausage Party makes really good ones: https://sausagepartytoronto.square.site/product/pepperette-3-pack-/29

Pretend I wrote an essay about my complicated feelings about meat here.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

I feel the same way about soy jerky

I get horrible cravings about once a year for the stupid soy jerky they used to sell at the trading posts along I-40 when we were kids. And the awful carob chip hippie cookies. I kinda miss them.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also my friends in Ontario Sausage Party will deliver and I can tell you that their cupcakes are also good

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yeah, it wasn't nearly as chewy as traditional jerky but it had a very delightful compacted flossy texture, like someone finely grated dried mushrooms and packed it together tightly. The flavor was so good, smoky and peppery with a bit of that sichuan pepper sensation. Very slightly oily in the most pleasant way.

I've had something similar from a store in Korea and it's excellent. Smoky, chili spiced mushrooms forever.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You could get really extra canadian and candy your pepperettes (get the fancy ones with some venison and a lil Schwartz's style/Montreal smoked meats style seasoning in the mix) with maple syrup, crushed black pepper and sea salt then serve them alongside your all dressed chips (traditional).

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Serve up your candied pepperettes with a little Domestic blended whiskey and a nice Domestic beer and heck, you've got yourself a fine meal.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Olympia Provisions sells a variety now but I haven't tried it yet. You can sometimes get Schneider's at your~fancier~ local establishments like Wawa or QT or wherever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

I think these are boar pepperettes?

Do they snap when you bite them? Pepperettes have that snap, they're almost hard.