Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Bright Bart posted:

What is a reasonable way to try to get into mushrooms? I am not sure what flavour profile I have abhorred let alone what possible compounds common to the mushrooms I've eaten are the culprits. And for certain the texture doesn't help.

As a child I refused to eat them. As a teenager I'd get a single piece slipped into my soup or sandwich to try and prove it's psychological (and it partly might be) but I'd catch the wee bugger. Over the years I've learned to love what I couldn't stand in my younger years, like spinach. But mushrooms... The most that developed was I can stand a piece or two on a slice of pizza and even then not if there's so many their flavour becomes apparent. Are there mushrooms that don't taste similar to others?

The grilled Portobello burgers served in Montreal looked appetizing but I missed out on trying them because the beef at those places was always too tempting.

Don't cook them too long maybe; you can eat your normal store mushrooms raw and the texture is completely different.
My standard shroom method is to fry/toss them in salt, pepper, butter, garlic and a fresh herbs like parsley at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
What is a pepperette?
It sounds small but spicy