Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

The pepperent is too drat high!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

What if I'm a pipette enthusiast? Is that close enough?

Escape From Noise

So they're kind of spicy, skinny landjäger?

Escape From Noise

Entropic posted:

dipping a pepperette in my clamato

A rusty Caesar

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

canada is a mosaic, and when different sausage producing ethnicities met they traded all their best ideas and tips to produce "the pepperette"

1 r, 2 t's, 3 p's and 4 e's. that's how you spell perfection.

I didn't mean this as a dog btw. Just trying to understand

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

Also yes vegan pepperettes exist and yes I have eaten them and yes they are pointless but sometimes I just want something from childhood.

I feel the same way about soy jerky

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

I get horrible cravings about once a year for the stupid soy jerky they used to sell at the trading posts along I-40 when we were kids. And the awful carob chip hippie cookies. I kinda miss them.

Oh man! Carob! I haven't had carob for AGES! My mom used to make me a quesadilla with brewer's yeast and soy sauce for some reason. Wrapped with a paper towel. She called it a "cheese crisp" for some reason. Even though she knows Spanish and spent a lot of time with the latinx population in Tucson, so who knows?

Escape From Noise

I'm very good at reading comprehension.

Escape From Noise

I mean a landjäger is like a dried sausage, similar in a way to salami. A hotdog is like barely a sausage

Escape From Noise

What do they call the pepperette in Quebec?

Escape From Noise

I think these are boar pepperettes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

Do they snap when you bite them? Pepperettes have that snap, they're almost hard.

They were pretty hard.