Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Blockhouse posted:

Why would that stop Monk from happening? They're gonna keep pumping out classes because it's a good tentpole feature that pulls players in. It's not like they're going to do DK and go "nah we're good"

I feel like they can pull away from WoW a little bit, or even just skip Monk for Evoker. I'll be honest I didn't think DK was ever coming after the DK heroes.

I'm now imagining Team 5 yelling at WoW devs to hurry up and make more classes so they can implement them in HS lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
I could go for monk, but it's funny how my mind changes depending on the wording. I remember loving Warcraft 3, even though I haven't touched it in literally over a decade. Meanwhile I became more and more disheartened with WoW as time went on.

PneumonicBook posted:

I'd legitimately be surprised if a Monk class ever happens. It's the least played class in WoW and afaik has always been since its inception.

Monk? Meh, might be fun. Could take it or leave it.

Kalko posted:

I dunno, Chen Stormstout is pretty conspicuously absent as a Legendary

Chen? Hell yeah, actually.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
CLASS: MONK
HERO: CHEN STORMSTOUT
HERO POWER: BREW SIP - 0 MANA(target gains +1 attack, restores 1 health, gains 1 armor/health, takes 1 damage). Increase by 1 with each use, increase risk of random target by 5% with each use.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Core set addition: Have a whole dojo of fuckin' two headed Ogres to set the tone for the class. There's actually ZERO design space left to fill outside of giving me more zany nonsense.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Monk has really strong thematics and we still haven't gotten a Pandaria expansion, it feels very unlikely that they skip it over. Especially for something like Evoker that doesn't even have a tenth of the lore to draw on for legendaries and portraits.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Firebert posted:

Monk has really strong thematics and we still haven't gotten a Pandaria expansion, it feels very unlikely that they skip it over. Especially for something like Evoker that doesn't even have a tenth of the lore to draw on for legendaries and portraits.

Sometime back I think they took a poll on what hero class they should do next and Death Knight won over Monk. It was in a RegisKillbin recap of a dev AMA on twitter.

.. and I can't name a Demon Hunter other than Illidan despite spending cash money for other Demon Hunter portraits, so I wouldn't be surprised at all. Arthas has still got to be the most recognizable Warcraft character.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Victor Vermis posted:

Sometime back I think they took a poll on what hero class they should do next and Death Knight won over Monk. It was in a RegisKillbin recap of a dev AMA on twitter.

.. and I can't name a Demon Hunter other than Illidan despite spending cash money for other Demon Hunter portraits, so I wouldn't be surprised at all. Arthas has still got to be the most recognizable Warcraft character.

This is generic Orc and Human Warcraft 2 box art erasure.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

Well, yeah that's not even a contest; DK is insanely popular and Wrath of the Lich King was the high-water mark for WoW's popularity. Almost everyone who plays HS probably played Wrath at some point.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
Such small changes to Battlegrounds. Hopefully we hear about some new content soon now that the regular expansion is out and patched.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Pararoid posted:

Such small changes to Battlegrounds. Hopefully we hear about some new content soon now that the regular expansion is out and patched.

They should just drop the illusion and go full de-sync like Super Animal Pets.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pararoid posted:

Sounds like they're shooting for really big "seasonal" changes now although I don't remember if they announced the date the next season will start. I'm expecting a shakeup on the level of Buddies or something though

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I'm not convinced about their ability to balance the game well with another class in the mix. It will also make the game more expensive to get the cards for unless they drop the number of class cards.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Look Demon Hunter was an edgelord class and I'd rather Monk get added before we get another edgelord class I'll never play

Illidan's greetings is 'Evil draw close' and Arthas greeting will probably be something like 'Join me in the darkness', why can't we have a happy 'Greetings, want a brew?' from Stormstout

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
drat Kiblers DH deck looks ridiculous, totally insane. Can’t wait to try it! He’s supposed to put his deck codes on his discord but he hasn’t been doing it, so hopefully I can find it on d0nkey

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

My favorite small indie game company moment of the week is in Mercenaries mode there is a new story quest for C'thun that involves hitting a bunch of Deathblows with one of his abilities. He is a brand new mercenary so for most people he isn't going to be that strong yet but don't worry, the ability in question summons a weak little tentacle on your side of the board and it turns out that you can just target that little guy with your supposedly enemy only power and get credit and kills.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

NorgLyle posted:

My favorite small indie game company moment of the week is in Mercenaries mode there is a new story quest for C'thun that involves hitting a bunch of Deathblows with one of his abilities. He is a brand new mercenary so for most people he isn't going to be that strong yet but don't worry, the ability in question summons a weak little tentacle on your side of the board and it turns out that you can just target that little guy with your supposedly enemy only power and get credit and kills.

Oh I just did the old Anacondra, Cookie combo trick for that task.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I just don't understand why people play Mercs at all, it's lovely and time consuming and annoying. Blizz should have spun it off into a new game and not tried to shoehorn it into HS. The people who like it would have installed it and played it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think it's a little mindless but honestly would probably play it a little if they doubled the speed of animations. It's so slow -- I can tolerate some repetitive grinding but at least make the combat snappy!

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

goferchan posted:

I think it's a little mindless but honestly would probably play it a little if they doubled the speed of animations. It's so slow -- I can tolerate some repetitive grinding but at least make the combat snappy!

Continuing the pattern of "Mercenaries is getting updated to the point it should have been at launch", they actually did a pass of the worst offenders to make their animations faster. It's still slow and clunky, but it's not "watch each individual part of the spell hit the target" slow like it used to be.

Also, yeah, it'd be nice if Mercenaries was its own thing. It'd also be nice if they released it as a fully realized mode, instead of something that's taking ten months to get an actual endgame. Or if they explained what gameplay actually looked like in an understandable way before they asked people to drop a ton of money on preorders, or if they ever gave it enough dev or QA time to not have each major release not be a buggy mess on some level. As a Mercs player, the actual designers are doing good work to make a fun little grindy unit collection game, despite massive amounts of mismanagement.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the only interaction I ever have with mercs is afk'ing for free experience and I like it that way, keep it ingame blizz

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

I like collecting the mercenaries and then faffing about accomplishing nothing in PvE mode forever. It's not a bad way to keep gaining rewards track XP when you can't actually pay attention to the game full time.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Excelzior posted:

the only interaction I ever have with mercs is afk'ing for free experience and I like it that way, keep it ingame blizz

How's that work, you just start a run and then sit there?

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Mayveena posted:

drat Kiblers DH deck looks ridiculous, totally insane. Can’t wait to try it! He’s supposed to put his deck codes on his discord but he hasn’t been doing it, so hopefully I can find it on d0nkey

### RelThicc
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 2x (4) Flanking Maneuver
# 1x (4) Vanndar Stormpike
# 1x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (5) Sigil of Reckoning
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (7) Caria Felsoul
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
# 2x (8) Taintheart Tormenter
#
AAECAdKLBQiHiwSnjQS0kgTdkwSsoAT+vwS+ygSq3QQL/u0DifcDivcDgIUE+JQEtp8E8rEEr94EsN4EquIEheUEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sloppy posted:

How's that work, you just start a run and then sit there?

start a piss-easy bounty (they all give the same xp)
enter the battle
alt+f4 / close the app on your phone
come back in 28 minutes
finish the battle
+200xp
repeat

since Sunken City you cannot let the timer go over 30 minutes or else itll roll over and give 0 xp

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

### RelThicc
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (7) Caria Felsoul
#
AAECAdKLBQiHiwSnjQS0kgTdkwSsoAT+vwS+ygSq3QQL/u0DifcDivcDgIUE+JQEtp8E8rEEr94EsN4EquIEheUEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I was trying something similar last night but with a more token-y bottom end and Denathrius and Neptulon at the top. Was pretty fun! Vanndar is one of my favourite cards and Abyssal Depths is so good with it. I was using the dredge Glaive instead of Topple the Idol but I might try one of each.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mercenaries has been implemented in order to knock out the "Deal 100 <spell school> damage" daily quests in under 5 minutes.

Of course, those daily quests have been added because of Mercenaries, so it's a catch-22. But now the quests are in there and I queue one of my teams tailored to each specific spell school and rush through Barrens 13 when one of those quests pop up.

Are you happy now, Blizzard?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

mcbexx posted:

Mercenaries has been implemented in order to knock out the "Deal 100 <spell school> damage" daily quests in under 5 minutes.

Of course, those daily quests have been added because of Mercenaries, so it's a catch-22. But now the quests are in there and I queue one of my teams tailored to each specific spell school and rush through Barrens 13 when one of those quests pop up.

Are you happy now, Blizzard?

I immediately reroll them garbo dailies. Not because I hate mercs (I'm indifferent), but because i hate having to make big numbers for little rewards.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Mercenaries is also the easiest way to complete the various 'Play 12 Dragons / Murlocs / whatever tribe' quests when they turn up. Now if only you could complete Stormwind questlines in mercs it would be perfect.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

### RelThicc
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (7) Caria Felsoul
#
#

Thanks so much! I’m only missing three legendaries and an epic! :negative:

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Good news! Some dev on Twitter said they would be removing the Stormwind questlines from the pool. They may have already? I feel like it's been a while since I've gotten re-rolled one.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

paid money to post posted:

Good news! Some dev on Twitter said they would be removing the Stormwind questlines from the pool. They may have already? I feel like it's been a while since I've gotten re-rolled one.

Bad news! They've added "play 20 Infused cards" in its stead

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Excelzior posted:

Bad news! They've added "play 20 Infused cards" in its stead

The weekly "play 50 Infused" quest has become my new source of hate, replacing the "complete 3 Stormwind quest" deal. It was way easier to knock out the latter.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Desert Bus posted:

The weekly "play 50 Infused" quest has become my new source of hate, replacing the "complete 3 Stormwind quest" deal. It was way easier to knock out the latter.

wait is it actually 50

lol

lmao

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Excelzior posted:

wait is it actually 50

lol

lmao

I think there is a daily that is 20 and the weekly that is 50, and I dunno if the card needs to be fully "Infused" or if you can just play an Infuse card and make it work.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
oh goddammit

Well I haven't gotten those infuse quests yet, except for the expansion one that rewarded a pack. Also annoyed at how they're rolling those out 1x per week this time around. Aren't there usually twitch drops by now?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
huh i thought the weekly was 30 i did it in casual as hunter it’s not too bad

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

### RelThicc
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (7) Caria Felsoul
#
#

I really really really want to love this deck, but I'm on like a 10-loss streak with it lol. I lose to every deck imaginable. I just lost to a Totem Shaman deck!!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

huh i thought the weekly was 30 i did it in casual as hunter it’s not too bad

It might be? I just remember being annoyed and playing a bit more Shaman Murloc.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

not impressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

### RelThicc
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (7) Caria Felsoul
#
#

It’s a lot of fun, but it’s really flimsy in the early game. You get overwhelmed really easily if they’ve even got a few Minions with more than 2 health.