Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Three standard packs are up for grabs if you have Prime. I somehow missed the last three a couple of weeks back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

Three standard packs are up for grabs if you have Prime. I somehow missed the last three a couple of weeks back.

wasnt it a legendary last month

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Plat 6 in Wild so far and I only play Ranked for the weekly quest. This is smooth and brutal:

### Sir Finley, Clown
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Clownfish
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 2x (4) Murlocula
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 2x (4) Tidelost Burrower
# 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAc+LBQbgBYQXm8QCnJsDqO4D5bAEDL8XjJQDtZgD3ewDlfADq6AE1bIEssEEws4Exc4E7tMEy+IEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Mercs is still fundamentally broken when the packs grant random poo poo with no dupe protection across the whole merc pool that expands forever, giving you ever decreasing odds of getting stuff for new mercs you haven’t maxed out already, and their touted ‘stuff to do with surplus coins’ that is possibly not even coming this year sounds very much like at the same time as putting in some way to turn excess of one coin into another they’re going to make that redundant by adding extra poo poo to dump coins into for all mercs and keep that grind going even further. On top of that the pve event stuff is always poorly designed, buggy and often demands a strong collection to achieve making it very easy to fall off from.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Played a bit of the new patch, and 3 mana Edwin seems meta-definingly broken. I like the Sprint buff though

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I really really really want to love this deck, but I'm on like a 10-loss streak with it lol. I lose to every deck imaginable. I just lost to a Totem Shaman deck!!

There is new tech in the build now, where the two lowest cost minions you play are KaelThas and Murloc Tinyfin

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

wait is it actually 50

lol

lmao

look, they really, Really, REALLY need to get those daily player and played time counters up for the upcoming buyout ok? bobby k needs his payout, and this is the last and best game that they have.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Desert Bus posted:

I think there is a daily that is 20 and the weekly that is 50, and I dunno if the card needs to be fully "Infused" or if you can just play an Infuse card and make it work.
You can just play them no need to activate the infuse so there is at least that small silver lining

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
The weekly Infuse quest is definitely only 30 cards, I just finished it.

I've been really enjoying playing my Relic Demon Hunter up through low-ranked Wild. It's a Standard deck but I'm just tuning it. I'm 11-1 with it.

### Relic Demon Hunter
# Class: Demonhunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Wings of Hate (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (2) Sigil of Summoning
# 2x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 1x (3) Vile Call
# 2x (4) Flanking Maneuver
# 1x (4) Vanndar Stormpike
# 1x (5) Bone Glaive
# 1x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 1x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAea5Awy97QOoigSHiwSnjQSsoAS1swT+vwS+ygS/zgTp0ASq3QSq4gQJoO4DgIUE+JQE7KAEx6wE8rEEr94EsN4EheUEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

There's a few cards I'm not sure of: Topple and Vile Call. I think there are too many 3-drops because you always want to be playing Abyssal Depths or coining out Vanndar on 3. I might put some more 2-drops in, and a second Faceless could be good too. A second Relic of Dimensions would definitely go in if I had one.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
gently caress this slow meta

### Aggro Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Living Roots
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Planted Evidence
# 2x (1) Sow the Soil
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
# 2x (2) Mark of the Wild
# 2x (2) Thorngrowth Sentries
# 2x (3) Herald of Nature
# 2x (4) Pride's Fury
#
AAECAaHDAwAPrewDs+wD7PUD9PYDrIAEsIAEh58E4aQEiLIErsAEqM4EgdQEntQE1t4E3e0EAA==
#

Regis video https://youtu.be/22wMCuXJl8Q

Love it!

Deck is tier 1 on HRS D-legend. We shall see but I could play this deck all day. Cheap too!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Crooked Cook is good but I think it’s even better in Warrior

### Angry Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (1) Dredger Staff
# 2x (1) Sanguine Depths
# 2x (1) Warsong Envoy
# 2x (2) Anima Extractor
# 2x (2) Crazed Wretch
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (2) Cruel Taskmaster
# 2x (2) Injured Tol'vir
# 1x (2) Obsidiansmith
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Imbued Axe
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Whelp Bonker
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Whirling Combatant
# 1x (6) Decimator Olgra
# 1x (7) Mr. Smite
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAePjAwj76AOV7QO/gAS8igSLoASQtwSB3ASl5AQLje0Dlu0DjKAEvKwEnNQEvNsE/9sEvuIE3e0EiYMFmKQFAA==
#

Cook has been great; it’s hard to remove 4 health on a turn 2 minion (just ask far watch post) and it’s able to take enrage buffs more easily. Coin cook into taskmaster is an excellent aggressive opening against Druids and the like

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Mayveena posted:

### Aggro Druid
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Living Roots
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Sow the Soil
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (4) Pride's Fury
#
#

Love it!

Deck is tier 1 on HRS D-legend. We shall see but I could play this deck all day. Cheap too!

Not surprising considering token aggro druid has been strong for the past few expansions

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mcbexx posted:

That’s the last one listed isn’t it? I wonder if they’ll continue it. It’s nice getting a free legendary every month

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Here's a nice surprise!

Turns out if you silence a Neptulon, if another is on board, the hands still attack when the silenced one does!

The card needs loving fixing

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Went D5 to legend with Enrage warrior with a 70% winrate. Took a while, started with 40card decks but perfected the list. It really dunks on druids and mages.

### OUCH!
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Sanguine Depths
# 2x (1) Slam
# 2x (1) Warsong Envoy
# 2x (2) Anima Extractor
# 2x (2) Crazed Wretch
# 2x (2) Cruel Taskmaster
# 2x (2) Man the Cannons
# 2x (2) Riot!
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Imbued Axe
# 2x (4) Burden of Pride
# 2x (5) Stonemaul Anchorman
# 1x (6) Decimator Olgra
# 1x (7) Remornia, Living Blade
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAc6+BQS8igSLoASB3ASI3wQNje0D1fEDm4EEhqAEjKAEjaAEnNQEvNsE/9sEvuIEjuMEtuMEiYMFAA==
#

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Finding out Xy'mox doesn't trigger off the Location was a bit of a kicker. :smith:

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Shockeh posted:

Finding out Xy'mox doesn't trigger off the Location was a bit of a kicker. :smith:

But if you infuse him, each of the relics he casts does improve the following ones though, which is very nice. Not sure if you can predict what order they cast in though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm really enjoying this Mage list someone posted on Reddit. It's got the Denathrius package but it's a lot more aggressive and the win condition is using Aegwynn to turn your Frozen Touch into 4 mana Pyroblasts -- it's pretty easy to pump out 20 burst damage in a turn once you get things working. And if you have Sivara in hand when you cast them it's really game over

### Butterfly
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Bubbler
# 1x (1) Pelican Diver
# 2x (1) Shivering Sorceress
# 2x (1) Suspicious Alchemist
# 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Frozen Touch
# 2x (2) Murkwater Scribe
# 2x (2) Spellcoiler
# 2x (3) Frostweave Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Nightcloak Sanctum
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (4) Commander Sivara
# 1x (4) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (5) Aegwynn, the Guardian
# 1x (5) Famished Fool
# 2x (6) Deathborne
#
AAECAauwBAiL5wOd7gOXoATquQTp0AS42QSp3gS88AQL0uwDn5IEoZIE3q8E7bEE3LkE2tAE294E+uwEgpMFhJMFAA==
#

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

goferchan posted:

I'm really enjoying this Mage list someone posted on Reddit. It's got the Denathrius package but it's a lot more aggressive and the win condition is using Aegwynn to turn your Frozen Touch into 4 mana Pyroblasts -- it's pretty easy to pump out 20 burst damage in a turn once you get things working. And if you have Sivara in hand when you cast them it's really game over

### Butterfly
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Bubbler
# 1x (1) Pelican Diver
# 2x (2) Frozen Touch
# 2x (2) Spellcoiler
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (5) Famished Fool
# 2x (6) Deathborne
#
AAECAauwBAiL5wOd7gOXoATquQTp0AS42QSp3gS88AQL0uwDn5IEoZIE3q8E7bEE3LkE2tAE294E+uwEgpMFhJMFAA==
#

Oh poo poo I think I have everything for this save Theotar. Should be a no-brainer craft, right?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I think Theotar is a pretty safe bet, he slots into a lot of decks.

edit: here is the OP for purposes of credit btw! He talks a little about some of the card decisions

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Quest Hunter is exactly the non interactive play I thought they said they didn't want, but here we are. Multiple times they've passed on nerfing it, wonder what it will take if anything?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I wish there were cards that could slow down Quests. Something like "opponent's quest triggers don't trigger on their next turn."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just play Harvester of Envy and Murlock Holmes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I do like the idea of a Murloc Holmes-style card that could hard-counter (or at the very least nullify the current phase or roll back one completion) a quest before completion so long as you trust in the heart of the cards guess correctly.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Quests are just generally unpleasant to have in the format. If they’re powerful, they’re frustrating to deal with, because it means they draw their most important card in every single game and there’s very little you can do to disrupt them. If they’re weak, they feel like traps and burn a lot of the set on infrastructure designed to make them work. (Like the Un’Goro Warlock Quest — lots of discard cards you don’t want to play except in the Quest, which is too weak to justify playing those bad cards. Or the Ulduum Paladin or Stormwind Rogue Quest, which are basically one-expansion-wonders rather than being something that could potentially integrate new cards as time goes on.)

I hope they give Quests some time off. The Stormwind ones were such a huge problem that I’d like to see a full Standard rotation with no Quests of any kind.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.

Mayveena posted:

### Aggro Druid
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Living Roots
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Sow the Soil
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (4) Pride's Fury
#
#
Went D5 to legend with this deck today with a very high winrate. It's at a disadvantage against skelly mage but it crushes pretty much everything else.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Quests rule, I love playing Quest Priest

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Pirate Warrior was the only really lovely quest. Hunter Quest maybe don't make the Hero Power free but it's mostly fine.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I think the quicker quests are to complete the worse they feel to play against, like Hunter and pre-nerf Warrior and Mage.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The one thing warrior did right (especially in the nerfed versions) was that the deck still had to do a lot of face damage before the Juggernaut was played. It wasn't just about stalling until you did something close to an OTK.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Teehee!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Got Spicy Pretzel Mustard with this ragtag group yesterday:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

### Butterfly
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Bubbler
# 1x (1) Pelican Diver
# 2x (2) Frozen Touch
# 2x (2) Spellcoiler
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (5) Famished Fool
# 2x (6) Deathborne
#
#

Very cool, personally I think the Denathrius is overkill; lots of decks you want to finish off before turn 10 and there’s nothing worse than drawing denathrius after your aegwynn dies. I’d like running an okani instead since you’re taking the board so early or even the hero card for that longer matchup reach

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Very cool, personally I think the Denathrius is overkill; lots of decks you want to finish off before turn 10 and there’s nothing worse than drawing denathrius after your aegwynn dies. I’d like running an okani instead since you’re taking the board so early or even the hero card for that longer matchup reach

Yeah I think either Okani or just a second Fool for endgame gas might support the wincon better. That said, even if he hasn't closed out too many games with his battlecry compared to in other decks, the lifesteal from Denathrius has been helpful buying me one more turn to go off against decks applying health pressure

edit: Hero card might honestly be the best move I just find that card really boring and I'm thrilled to play a mage deck without it lol

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.

goferchan posted:

### Butterfly
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Bubbler
# 1x (1) Pelican Diver
# 2x (2) Frozen Touch
# 2x (2) Spellcoiler
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (5) Famished Fool
# 2x (6) Deathborne
#
#

I am having so much fun with this deck. It feels way more interesting to play than anything else I've tried this expansion.

It definitely feels like there's a couple small tweaks still to figure out, but it's performing pretty well for me.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Mayveena posted:

### Aggro Druid
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Living Roots
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Sow the Soil
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (4) Pride's Fury
#
#

Love it!

How do I make this goddamn work, I feel if they deal with my minions there’s not enough draw to ever recover

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

How do I make this goddamn work, I feel if they deal with my minions there’s not enough draw to ever recover

you can cut some cards for, like, Composting but its 2 mana do nothing in a deck that tries to win on turn 5

the idea is to go as wide as possible while buffing your key minions' health (taunts, trogg, peasant, cook) just out of your opponent's range. If you lose the board you concede.

Mages running First Flame and/or Fire Sale absolutely poo poo on this deck

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

You concede and queue for another match and hopefully win it, and finish both games combined in less time than it would take to finish a single one as Mage.

edit: seriously though, if you're way down on cards and they've cleared your board, don't ride the rest of the match out -- you've lost.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 21, 2022

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Taking a break from playing Edwin and making giant early game boards

Luff fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Mulligan super hard for turn 1 (and turn 2 if you have a turn 1 in hand) then go all in and try to snowball to victory by turn 5. The 1/4 that draws and Peasant are enough of an engine for that short of a game. Don't try and play around anything that gets in the way of maxing out your board since you don't have the time, force your opponent to have the answers.