Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Absolutely insufferable guest on The Flop House Travis was a low point.

(I don't especially mind Travis but he was like nails on a chalk board on that podcast)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
We'll always have Jaa'm.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Fil5000 posted:

Absolutely insufferable guest on The Flop House Travis was a low point.

(I don't especially mind Travis but he was like nails on a chalk board on that podcast)

Same on Blank Check. I’m convinced he’s the reason the McElroys haven’t been back on there at all.

Edit: whoops forgot Justin was on Monkeybone. They are definitely not having Travis back though

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 13, 2024

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Fil5000 posted:

It was intentional revenge for all the "long irritating songs like this one" ads MBMBAM listeners had to sit through.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Travis was pretty good as a guest on Hello From the Magic tavern. That plus monster factory being great is what made me give MBMBAM a shot in the first place.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Ojjeorago posted:

It was intentional revenge for all the "long irritating songs like this one" ads MBMBAM listeners had to sit through.

I will concede that Elliott Kalan is possibly the most acquired taste in all of podcasting. The last episode I listened to was him doing a Tom Brokaw impression pitching a Dune musical based on fiddler on the roof for half an hour.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Ojjeorago posted:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Fil5000 posted:

I will concede that Elliott Kalan is possibly the most acquired taste in all of podcasting. The last episode I listened to was him doing a Tom Brokaw impression pitching a Dune musical based on fiddler on the roof for half an hour.

I adore Elliott and the Brokaw-Dune bit is my favorite bit the Flophouse does.

I also loved how Justin got to do a Scooby Doo movie when he was on the Flophouse because he happened to be watching it with his kids when he got the text asking him to be on the show.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

TL posted:

I adore Elliott and the Brokaw-Dune bit is my favorite bit the Flophouse does.

I also loved how Justin got to do a Scooby Doo movie when he was on the Flophouse because he happened to be watching it with his kids when he got the text asking him to be on the show.

Oh same, I just get why people DONT like him. Those Flop House ad spots are awful too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bad ad spots? For a Max Fun podcast???

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Justin watching Monkey Bone 7 times in preparation for his Blank Check episode is why he loving rules

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Alaois posted:

The bad ads that we all love to loooooove

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

jeeves posted:

Justin watching Monkey Bone 7 times in preparation for his Blank Check episode is why he loving rules

It’s really night and day between him and Travis in terms of understanding the vibe of the podcast they’re on

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Fil5000 posted:

I could see that being either amazing or a convincing argument for shooting someone into the sun for the betterment of humanity; and the face that coin would fall on would almost entirely be based on my mood at the second I pressed play.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Warbird posted:

I could see that being either amazing or a convincing argument for shooting someone into the sun for the betterment of humanity; and the face that coin would fall on would almost entirely be based on my mood at the second I pressed play.

I listened to the whole thing and that coin was wobbling on it's edge the entire time

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Fil5000 posted:

I listened to the whole thing and that coin was wobbling on it's edge the entire time
paul atreides

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Colonel Whitey posted:

It’s really night and day between him and Travis in terms of understanding the vibe of the podcast they’re on

I think that’s true for everything in regards to the two of them.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

That's the Eliott Kalen experience.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
just listened to the mbmbam plato's rave rpg planning episode and the taz plato's rave rpg episode back to back. Really good.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

This reminds me of the Cat on a Hot Tintin Roof bit from the Foodfight! episode, which remains one of the single funniest things I have ever heard

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

roomtwofifteen posted:

This reminds me of the Cat on a Hot Tintin Roof bit from the Foodfight! episode, which remains one of the single funniest things I have ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4cayKJZJ4

A classic.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I love whenever they look back at old bits they did. They are always absolutely baffled at why they thought it was funny

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Kinda like when Facebook reminds you of your old posts

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Griffin (McElroy), Griffin (Newman), and Eliot (Kalen) are all homonculi derived from the same vat of DNA slurry

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Now THAT would be a podcast. Make them talk about sports.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Laterite posted:

Griffin (McElroy), Griffin (Newman), and Eliot (Kalen) are all homonculi derived from the same vat of DNA slurry

Travis is definitely the McElroy that came out of the same vat as the latter two, not Griffin

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
eliot kalen is funny so that can't be true

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Impermanent posted:

eliot kalen is funny so that can't be true

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Alaois posted:

whenever I think MaxFun has bad annoying ads I listen to any podcast from the iHeartRadio network and am instantly reminded of how good MaxFun actually has it relatively speaking.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Hi we're a new podcast! Can you hear how loud we're laughing? This is gonna be fun!!!!

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

How do you express "We actually came from older media and built a following up which we then transitioned to podcasting" into a 30 second ad?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The worst one was some sort of gameshow podcast where the hosts sounded more bored than any person I've ever heard

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Piell posted:

The worst one was some sort of gameshow podcast where the hosts sounded more bored than any person I've ever heard

Dr. Gameshow. I like the concept of the show, but the ad read is so stilted and awkward I could never bring myself to listen.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Piell posted:

That's Jo Firestone's whole "thing"

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That's why I like to listen to the podcast on youtube. SponsorBlock just skips all this crap for me. it's great!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

change my name posted:

That's Jo Firestone's whole "thing"

Jo Firestone’s thing is constant verge of tears.

The other host sounds like he’s constantly trying to addition for the role of Eeyore.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Inkspot posted:

Now THAT would be a podcast. Make them talk about sports.

No lie I could see one of them having an absolute hoot on a Shutdown Fullcas episode.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

This adventure zone season is killing it

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Somebody call the embassy please. I was on a layover in Trav Nation and I've been arrested without charges. They gave me a lawyer, but all he does is tell me I'm valid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Update: I escaped. It was pretty easy, actually. The prison guards got distracted by improv games and then just started talking over each other in louder and louder voices