Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I think it's perfectly natural for all the pent up Travis dislike to be finally let loose, after the events of the last week or two. I've always hated his involvement in Mcelroy stuff, but I almost always kept it to myself since it's just petty annoyance. Now that he's been a bit of an rear end in a very public way the floodgates are open. Some folks are being a little weird about it, but it'll be out of the community's system after a week or two and then things will probably be quiet again until his next stupid stunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Giiirl's Club, Girls Club Part-ay gets lodged in my head every so often and it's such a gift. Thank you, Justin.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I also hate reddit. Not for any ideological reasons like that weirdo, I just don't like popular things also the threads are too hard for my old man brain to follow

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

He looks like if hepatitis was a person

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Hargrimm posted:

Pocketcasts at least lets you set an auto-skip per podcast exactly to get past intro music that's the same length every episode. I haven't heard more than the last 3 seconds of Better With You since the second episode after they introduced it

This is such a great feature that I didn't even know that I wanted

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Alaois posted:

they're saying they're one of those freak-asses who listen to podcasts at x1.25 speed

At this point I can't imagine how anyone listens at 1x. Depending on which pod I'm listening to it's gotta be at least 1.2, maybe even 1.5 for some of the more poorly edited/low energy ones.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Warbird posted:

Overcast will dynamically cut out silences/breaks so there is no need for that sort of business. I’ve apparently “saved” 330 hours at this point.

Now if you’re doing a video course or whatever that’s another matter entirely.

I like fast talking but for whatever reason the silences getting cut out really bugs me

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I haven't listened to Sawbones in ages, ever since it became more about modern medical boondoggles it just hasn't really interested me

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

It's really sad to me that the McElroy content that I enjoyed has been steadily falling away as they move more and more focus onto the stuff that I don't care about. I'm genuinely happy for the people that enjoy TAZ and the last hundred episodes or so of Mbmbam but I'm just not interested in where they're heading. I'm glad Polygon still has all their old, good stuff up but I've watched all those videos a half dozen times or more. I hope that as their kids get older and the global plague (hopefully) dies down before the next apocalypse kicks off that they can find a way to bring in some new energy or different projects to mix things up a bit.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Yeah that's fair

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Hell yeah

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I've listened to death blart every year and I never have and never will watch the movie

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Just in case this hasn't been posted here, the Shadowman's plot reaches its fruition in this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SHz8WYFRc4

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I listen to Wonderful when I go to sleep because their soft tones are good background noise, so I don't know that I've ever heard more than ten minutes of an episode

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Froghammer posted:

Munch Squad is consistently funny you knob gobblers

Oh did it start being funny in the last six months

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Colonel Whitey posted:

I know this isn't technically a Polygon thread but it seems like the best place to start getting excited for round 2 of Pat interviewing Ben Schwartz about Sonic. The first one was a lot of fun

https://twitter.com/Polygon/status/1508519298305695746?s=20&t=IZzYbO9QUr7emsw7nYC3EQ

Somehow I missed the first one so I just experienced it today and hoo boy that's some good content. Pat's ultimate straight man schtick up against Ben Schwartz is really fun to see

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Yeah I fell down a YouTube hole of Game Changer clips a while back and I picked up Dropout just to finish the series. Definitely worth 5 bucks a month just to watch through the backlog of that and Breaking News, imo. I'm not really into watching tabletop but Dimension 20 looks like a lot of fun too

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

jeeves posted:

I kind of which every RPG had a rare class just called "rich."

I ran a Dungeon World game a while back and one of my players brought a 3rd party class, the Merchant Prince. Worthless in combat, it had a whole mechanic about gaining and spending Capital to hire people to protect them or to tip social interactions in their favor or to acquire rare equipment. It ended up being a lot of fun!

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

change my name posted:

Four Blarts and a Boom

I wasn't sure I'd be engaged by the boys' suffering this year but the amongus-ification of death blart is really doing it for me so far

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Some serious podcast judgements getting thrown around here in the mbmbam thread

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Pretty sure the bit about Brock Lesnar eating the word Ham is out of the Pebble episode

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I've never seen Blart but I listen to Death Blart every year and it's just great. It's actually the only McElroy podcast that I keep up with anymore and it's always such a nice time. Last year's gimmick of one of them secretly watching Here Comes the Boom instead of pbmc2 was inspired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

grittyreboot posted:

I refuse to believe Travis is good at the fishing mini game in Stardew Valley. I don't think anyone is

I'm good at it, and find it very enjoyable. There are dozens of us. Dozens!