Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

We need more Farm Wisdom ( Faaaarm Wisdom)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Guess who made a cameo for Eisenhower!

lmao

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

please put neck frills on Travis and have him spit black goo on dennis nedry while making that face

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

some plague rats posted:

Sorry pal but Stirfry likers are cancelled for doing uh [spins wheel] heightism and you're only allowed to like Cordelia

Stirfry never feeding Flipcup was pretty bad, he’s basically the bean dad of RToM

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

Low stakes Amnesty was good but once it became a dumb save-the-world plot it became way more arduous.

Amnesty is weird because the end of it came on like a car crash. The arc immediately prior to everything suddenly going into endgame seriousness basically feels like every single previous story before it until the very end, and then a whole bunch of stuff happens all at once and then there’s a giant time skip. I spent the entire final arc wishing there had been like one last section between it properly setting up for an end instead of a headlong charge into the finish

Outside of that Amnesty was fun and has a lot of hilarious moments in it early on. Travis’ character was a little irritating and he did an annoying voice for her, but everyone else was on fire when they got a chance to shine, especially Justin

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

How will those wily brothers get out of this one

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I think a hiatus at the very least might re-energize TAZ and might honestly be a benefit to the main show as well

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

That was the most interesting TAZ episode I’ve listened to since early Amnesty. Starting with everyone able to be really freeform and creative was a good idea. I will say I hope it gets a little bit more funny once they hit the main game though

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

ngl I keep reading it as “Earthsea” and momentarily getting thrown off

me too haha

I’m really enjoying this so far, it’s honestly the best mcelroy content in recent memory outside monster factory to me. I hope the main campaign itself is as fun

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I am digging the quiet year stuff more and more. It feels like they’re actually just playing a game again for the first time since like, petals to the metal They’re also slowly making it funnier as they go, which rules. Justin’s shark combat school got a big laugh out of me

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Parcast stuff with more than one host always ends up sounding like those video game trailers where they have a bunch of people pretending to use voice chat with each other. It comes off so alien sounding

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Night Vale is really bad for binging because you start to realize every episode is basically the same thing. There are a few standout funny/creepy things it but they’re spread out really far from each other sadly

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Tell me more about the funny internet man smut

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I do not listen to besties so maybe I dunno the concept of the podcast well enough to answer why they would make the subject of an episode of their podcast a game they intended to play little or none of. Why not instead play a game they would like to play

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I usually don’t mind podcast ads but the minority korner ones were really bad. There was also a super annoying flop house ad that used to come on during old TAZ episodes I think that put me off of listening to that podcast for a long time, which I kind of regret

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

I used to be part of a Last Podcast On The Left Facebook group and they're the worst podcast fanbase by a mile. Half of them are chuds who piss and moan if the new episode wasn't the bleakest most extreme story of misery possible, to the point that a lot of them agreed the U.S.S. Indianapolis episode was "a good turnaround."

They'd also bring up how much they admire Joe Rogan apropos of nothing. I wonder how they're reacting to LPOTL leaving Spotify just as this whole boycott took off.

I can’t imagine why a show that roughly 50% consists of a white dude screaming in offensive accents at the top of his lungs for the sake of role playing the character “dumb hilarious murder victim” in every episode would attract that sort of crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

That old flophouse ad made me think that podcast was going to be obnoxiously silly and over the top but the handful of episodes I’ve tried to listen to have been very subdued and honestly kind of boring. Maybe I’m just picking the wrong ones