Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
monster hunter rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

that's true but that's because only true gamers of honor had the guts for the old stuff

i'm very happy with the improvments though

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I hate D&D as a product and WotC as a company, and Graduation just marinates in 5E in a truly miserable way. So I have a lot of affection for Amnesty, even with its very real flaws.

(Yes, I listen to Rude Tales. The differences are that 1) Rude Tales is not fannishly fawning over D&D-as-Cultural-Iconography, and 2) Rude Tales is loving excellent)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

SpacePig posted:

One of the best things about Dragon Friends is that, even though it's built on a 5e framework and WotC occasionally provides materials for them, nobody but Dave gives a poo poo about the system. Even though they're still orbiting the Strahd storylines, they also just don't follow the story except by accident, and rename characters things like Rimjob.

Even that level of coziness with Wizards is too much for me. I don't give WotC and Mike Mearls my money or time.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

there are a suspicious number of people in that reddit thread talking about how that loan shark saved their lives

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

She and Hodgman also co-hosted a semi-secret variety show at a warehouse in Brooklyn for a long time; I was a regular attendee. Some great guests like Immortal Technique and a shanghaied Property Brother, and also Travis McElroy who said some extremely awkward stuff about #metoo

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Did they seriously not credit Avery Alder for The Quiet Year?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

They won't

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I don't think the brothers and Austin get along very well at this point. Tons of FATT contributors openly dislike the McElroys, and Travis's. dipshit MaxFunDrive stunt last year can't have helped.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

eke out posted:

you can tell they don't get along by the part of this episode where they uhh... praised Marielda and said everyone should go listen to friends at the table? extremely brutal stuff

Griffin's obviously a huge fan and has said so many times but I don't think it's reciprocated, and if it ever was I can't imagine Walker's chomping at the bit to collaborate again after last year's stunt.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Just Chamber posted:

What happened last year? I vaguely recall Travis advertising something on a stream with Austin etc that they didnt know about before or something like that.

Travis did a DM workshop with Austin and other TTRPG figures. However, he did not disclose to those figures that the stream was part of the MaxFun Drive and a commercial product/advertising.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

fatherboxx posted:

I find it absolutely unlistenable (because unlike the best of TAZ or Rude Tales, its the podcast made mostly for the enjoyment of the players and not the audience, impossible to follow in background) but thats probably me

You are completely right. I treat it as coursework, not entertainment.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Hollis was in charge of the biker gang.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

hank started writing mediocre books later but john is the one who gets continuously owned

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Dude looks like both Mythbusters.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/1395003544005132292

Weird that the plans changed from the previously-claimed weekly releases for the Prologue.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Might be longer if the prologue is more than 3 episodes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

AND HE WAS SINGING TO HEAVEN

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

military cervix posted:

There is no thing more powerful than A Streetcar Named Deez Nuts.

i was on the floor unable to breathe

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

My Borat, My Borat, and Me

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

real person fic is a loving scourge and one of ao3's most massive failures as a project

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

praxis is a half rhyme

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Ok Comboomer posted:

I sincerely hope they spend the next 10 years selling them

I hope they spend years selling them at live shows

I hope they come up with a failsafe plot

To demolish the unsold overflow

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

AND I HOPE I MUNCH

I HOPE WE BOTH MUNCH

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Comedy and drama cannot be speed-shifted, that is an abomination holy gently caress. Imagine fast forwarding through Better Call Saul... The very thought makes me want to vomit.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Griffin is the DM for Ethersea

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

My ebike is the Thunder Cyclone

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The titles are funny but those pixel avatars are atrocious

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Branson is too good and too uncontrollable to be put in any kind of powerful position or work with a company. Frankly I'm amazed the Swan Boy cartoon hasn't gotten someone killed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A prominent, semiofficial FB fan page for Still Buffering was the site of a pretty high-pressure push for SB to do an episode on white privilege. The Smirls' mom was a poster and moderator on the FB page and nuked the discussion. Rosing was one of a number of "big-name fans" who split with the McElroys over this.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

External Organs posted:

Oh hey, griffin gave our baby diaper poop explosion thread a shout-out in the besties intro

What??

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

NOW YOU HAVE IBS!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The vowel sounds in twenty (twunny) and plenty (pleh-nny) don't match.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Colonel Whitey posted:

I've never heard anyone pronounce it this way so it must be a regional thing.

New York City over here. I'll admit it's regional, but it's the correct region.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Inkspot posted:

Relistening to The Quiet Year playthrough, I kind of wonder what the current season would be like without Griffin bringing so much to the table to begin with.

There was already a world before the submersion with its own sparse cosmology. There were already four main groups. Everyone started with the working knowledge that the world was going to be submerged.

Was Friends at the Table more or less open-ended? Because, listening again, it seems like The Quiet Year was a way to populate the ocean they knew they were going to play in with weird poo poo, not necessarily a way to organically build to a world subsumed by a weird ocean.

Listen to FatT and find out!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Friends at the Table is eating your vegetables and doing your homework. It's for graduate students who don't have the free time to be sad and gay because they're too busy working on their thesis.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/Crawley4WV/status/1487665172202332166?t=dcwf-RSg3YepAYbt7rVtEA&s=19

Sydnee is running for office.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

She could have gone in to ask for the owner's contact info and... encountered the owner?

Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

yeah it's extremely cringe and when they did the first episode on it Justin at least seemed to recognize that it was bullshit but in the addendums this more recent time around that seems to have been dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The autogenerated YouTube stuff isn't done in realtime, it's part of the video upload and processing pipeline. That probably explains the gulf in accuracy.

Actually paying for live captioning done by human beings is probably out of scope so they're going with a half measure towards accessibility.