Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bcs just wants to prove blockhouse right and officially make these threads worse than the giant bomb thread by also posting in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

imagine being such a bad forums poster that jeff gerstmann calls you out on a random stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFNgT81iA-c

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh word?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Munch Squad may be hit or miss, but it did bring the Chicken Sandwich Wars to my attention. I don't watch a lot of stuff with commercial breaks in it, but the one time I did in the past week there were like 4 separate chicken sandwich commercials from McDonald's, KFC, Arby's, and Popeyes within a single hour. It's real. The Chicken Sandwich Wars are real. It's not just a press release thing.

no its still a press release thing because its all just a big gimmick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao at not recognizing evo moment #37

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i just noticed the thread title is misspelled

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

spell their last name again right now

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sorry i'd rather just listen to Future of the Left

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

You know what? At least people want to take Travis' picture. I have a feeling that most of the goobers making fun of Travis haven't been asked to smile for the camera since the DMV.

why are you so defensive of the guy's big dumb mouth lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ohhhhh nonono

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im glad the one guy who likes graduation posts in this thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why can't they just advertise blue chew like any normal self-respecting podcast

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i will never empathize with Kennick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

have they considered just doing an improv storytelling podcast

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sorry im a Hoxhaist and I'm busy digging out a hole for my bunker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

also his brother vlogs too and wrote The Fault in Our Stars, make of that what you will

he's also the reason you can't edit posts on tumblr anymore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

wait is Hank not the one who writes bad books and spent the aughts getting owned on tumblr?

that was his brother John

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

you can't just throw something like this out there, what's the story?

fishingboatproceeds was john green's tumblr and after someone edited one of his posts to be what you're seeing now, tumblr removed the ability to edit posts from the website entirely

e: also im glad this thread has finally reached 2011-era roleplaying game forum level "but what is a game?????"

The Quiet Year is also like, 100% A Game with goals and an end-state though

quote:

The Quiet Year is a map game. You define the struggles of a community living after the collapse of civilization, and attempt to build something good within their quiet year. Every decision and every action is set against a backdrop of dwindling time and rising concern.

The game is played using a deck of cards – each of the 52 cards corresponds to a week during the quiet year. Each card triggers certain events – bringing bad news, good omens, project delays and sudden changes in luck. At the end of the quiet year, the Frost Shepherds will come, ending the game.

Alaois fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 11, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chieves posted:

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This man truly is the worst. “My wife won’t let me shave unless you give me some money.” Another hilarious tweet!

This is really loving weird. You're a loving weirdo.

The 7th Guest posted:

he now looks like if justin was an 80s drug-busting cop

i mostly want to get justin and griffin's takes on it

these posts back to back are extremely funny to me

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh its an undercut too lmao thats so unfortunate

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did you misunderstand the and/or prompt of that card

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

My thinking is that they could do it Dark Souls style, where they build up this fully developed lore behind the scenes but there’s no big exposition dump for any of it, and then as they play they just discover the remnants of the old world as they go. Maybe that’s more tricky than it sounds but the way I imagine it playing out it doesn’t seem any more difficult than anything they’ve already done.

what the gently caress are you TALKING about

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sankara posted:

Has anyone else noticed there's been a large uptick in Portal discussion lately, or am I The Number 23'ing myself?

a fan-made expansion to Portal 2 came out like, a week ago

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

The episode in which Griffin reveals he doesn't know "jet" is a kind of black mineral.

edit: obviously this is a innocuous and common thing, i'm not trying to cancel Griffin or whatever, guys

does he at least know about the magazine

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

isn't that just Doughboys

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

someone gimme the skinny on this ethersea setting, how similar to aquanox is it. the answer is directly proportional to how interested i would be in listening to it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this isn't even the first time popeye's has had nuggets

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Justin McElroy has volunteered himself to be sacrificed at the altar of "game critic gets heated about a game's quality after only getting a little bit in."

Justin sucks, imo

did the nier thing come up recently or did he do it again

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Empty Sandwich posted:

are

you on the syrup? is that what's happening?

they're saying they're one of those freak-asses who listen to podcasts at x1.25 speed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Warbird posted:

Overcast will dynamically cut out silences/breaks so there is no need for that sort of business. I’ve apparently “saved” 330 hours at this point.

Now if you’re doing a video course or whatever that’s another matter entirely.

i accidentally listened to a podcast with that kind of "silence editing" and it was loving torturous, i don't know what kind of lives you people are leading where you're like "i need this podcast i'm listening to to end as quickly as possible to get on to the next one that i also need to end as quickly as possible"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

goblin week posted:

I think they're hosed up freaks, but in a calm collected way

I am zen in my disgust

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wizard master'd again

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

misadventurous posted:

Is Travis McElroy more or less cringe than trying to start poo poo between two podcast threads on a paid membership message board? Jury is out

i'm sure Wizard Master is just seething at this post

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryjpbd4D4bg

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

literally unbelievable that there are still Cyberpunk 2077 Defenders in this day and age

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Previa_fun posted:

Logged on.
You 100% typed "in 2021" first then realized the game came out this year didn't you?

no my mind caught me before i started typing it but i did consider it before realizing

though honestly i could have said that before the game even came out and still been right

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

social inertia

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the bachelor is regressive and has a horrible production backend and the company that makes it is bad, so it is unfit for the mcelroy brand

dungeons & dragons, however

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

white castle stuffing is not a new concept

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainment/dining/2021/11/21/white-castle-slider-stuffing-celebrates-30-years-adds-spicy-kick/8644020002/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thats not what techno thriller means