Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Eww, gross, Animal Crossing. Tom Nook basically enslaves the players. Not very McElory of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

IronicDongz posted:

tom nook gives the player a completely interest free loan and does not deserve this slander

And pays you in company scrip, too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Not true. Other people who don't work for Nook at all use bells as a currency. It's a completely legitimate currency.

It's Lottie at the Happy Home Paradise corporation who pays you in company scrip

Just who do you think issues the currency of Animal Crossing? Nook controls... everything.

Lottie is the ideal employee.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Modern Leper posted:

Ah hell, I'll take the bullet:

https://twitter.com/snlhostsintro/status/1446252923898327152

... huh.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Organza Quiz posted:

It wasn't a moral panic, it was a stealing extremely valuable items from an unknown, probably-powerful, certainly criminal, person/organisation who is very likely to want to hunt down whoever took the items panic. Whoever that is is not going to care about some night goggles.

Unless...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I need resolution of the Shadow Man storyline.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SpacePig posted:

Shadow Man has been Q this whole time.

e: the whole of the United States had to suffer for the Shadow Man to finally damage Paul Blart.

:hai:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Armitag3 posted:

Quick summary for us in the cheap seats?

I think she picked a side in the Smerlemageddon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Warbird posted:

Glass shark

He love de fat kid.

Shinjobi posted:

Gambit is cancelled, but not for the many reasons you'd think

It not you. It Gambit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Richard Stink has been completely outdone by the original now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95Dqt8In6U

I thought it was an Original Justin Bit.

Well, I'm wrong a lot, so I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Always a good day when you don't do that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Escobarbarian posted:

“oh cool I’ve never heard of his favourite game, maybe I’ll find a cool new thi-oh gently caress OFF it’s a deck building game”

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The only deck building game you ever need to play is Magic: The Gathering. :colbert:

And you don't even, strictly speaking, need to play that one.

"But this deck builder/mmo/moba/clickyclickfest is different!" Yeah, no.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

yeah actually they will posted:

magic the gathering is a ccg, not a deckbuilder

Oh. Then all deckbuilders suck donkey poo poo, sorry.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
O, what have you become
Mother Internet, Father Time,
Such changes, muddied water
Having tenbux means nothing
More than having tenbux
Release us now from the shortsighted
Those that react rather than think
No rules, just right
Glass Shark, he love da fat kid

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

inferis posted:

pretty much my take on this, i think the actual reason is probably just no one has yelled at them about it

Give it time.

Anyway, glad that big dog year is over, woof woof.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Never heard of Fanti, but it's sounds like a great show to listen to if you're in Debate Club or if there's any two given leftists about to put their differences aside and you gotta come up with one Debbie Downer of a derail.

Ok Comboomer posted:

I’ve got a bigger issue with the recent spate of ads for BetterHelp, tbqh

What did they do?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zero One posted:

Travis is a SEXPERT not a SAXPERT.

I haven't seen any degrees on his walls.

Only photos linked together by twine and thumbtacks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m a very infrequent listener but every Munch Squad I’ve heard has been really funny and I’ve never understood this thread’s hate for it. The Baconator Pringles one is especially good. Richard Stink, however….that was funny MAYBE once and it’s insane Justin has made it a regular thing.

This thread is full of Cenobites from the Hellraiser movies. They can't tell the difference between pleasure and pain anymore, in fact they're the same thing to them now. They have such sights to show you... and complain about, with their cultured palates...

Froghammer posted:

Munch Squad is consistently funny you knob gobblers

Also this.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zutaten posted:

This is the "Monopoly Tax Money Goes Into Free Parking" rule of tabletop gaming, in that everyone seems to think it's a thing, it makes the game actively less fun, and it's very tedious. Every time I hear a DM go "wow that's a high roll, well, I guess you change this person's entire moral code" I sigh.

Unless it's funny.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shinjobi posted:

I've long since accepted that the tastes of the Besties do not match my own.

"I don't understand what's happening! What's going on in this story! The story isn't good. Where are all my cards to build a deck!"

Which one am I being?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Warbird posted:

Here’s the great thing: even if this one was eh, there will be a new one to be mad about next week!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Elliot's stupid songs on that old ad are the reason I gave The Flop House a chance.

Their online fan base makes the McElory one look like pleasant, relaxed folks. They can and will tell you to kill yourself.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fil5000 posted:

Really? The official Facebook group seems pretty well moderated and kicks people out for being poo poo heads. I've found it pretty decent.

Let's just say the mod team there isn't above brigading their own members' personal pages and telling them to kill themselves, and leave it at that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Alaois posted:

maybe this is a you problem

Pretty sure it isn't.

For a second, I thought that was a guy making farting noises with his armpits. An improvement? Who can say.

Piell posted:

Did a bit of googling and looks like the dude who is currently holding that position is Ed Evans (a Democrat), who is now moving to a different district, so no reason to be mad on either front

Sydnee seems like an intelligent person who takes "first, do no harm" seriously, I doubt she'd do something stupid like purposely making things harder for regular folks.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
"Walker, originally from the small town of Mullens, West Virginia, has been traveling the state since he was 17 hosting church meetings at schools. He said he came to Huntington on Jan. 23 with plans to leave three days later but saw a need he felt compelled to address."

The need was "getting run out of town by an angry mob of children" and frankly it's a need in many towns.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Warbird posted:

This is some weak sauce for this thread. Get some theory crafting going. I want to hear about how Justin is mad about Travis not being fully bought into the hyper anarch neo grassroot leftist movement and blames him for the death of Grunno, the forth brother, in that train accident.

I used to listen to Trends Like These until Travis went full mask off and didn't tell people to vote for Bernie unlike Brent. No true leftist he! Fie, I say. Fie.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The Auctioneer is likely either the Big Bad of this series or the Proto Man of this series. It seems like obvious foreshadowing to me. I don't think we're anywhere close to the endgame, though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pham Nuwen posted:

Blink shark he love the fat kobold

Mods, admin?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I bet that the McElboys could make way more money if they just did a Patreon.

What picture/video evidence does Jesse Thorne HAVE on them?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So people in the UK call chips "crisps" because of the marketing masterminds at Pringles? Dang!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There's a cookbook for exactly that, it's called Manifold Destiny.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ok Comboomer posted:

like just say that the show is a bummer and not fun, you don’t have to wokescold it

That's the only way some people know how to say stuff. Don't judge them too harshly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zutaten posted:

Absolutely hilarious to me that Griffin attempted to set up an opposing choice between helping the bleached Brinar open the passage to the next world and helping the Blink Sharks prevent that as if any one of these people would even consider helping the blink sharks, were there even any left

Though I'm not even fully sure they were aware there was a Mass Effect Choice.

Don't the blink sharks come from Somewhere Else? There could be more, there could be Unforeseen Consequences later on.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sankis posted:

I don't think Travis even realized the extent to which he character was just the worst. It felt like he either had knowledge we didn't (that didn't pay off) about the church or that he wanted them to be more abusive than they were and Griffin didn't agree.

Every interaction Devo had with a character there was them being nice and agreeable while he yelled back at them like a moody teenager. Seemed like he was built to be a persuasive character that can solve stuff without combat but that doesn't work when you're an abrasive rear end in a top hat and I'm not sure he understood that for awhile.

Devo seems like a typical anti-religion Internet Person to me. Maybe that's what Travis was going for?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

QuoProQuid posted:

did devo become an edgy, atheist pope on a mission to kill god or something

It's the logical conclusion to that mindset.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sankis posted:

despite repeatedly saying otherwise, Griffin can't resist the call of epic, planeshopping adventure.

edit: i have no idea why they keep using dnd they all seem to have very little grasp on it or desire to use it. is there some kind of weird SEO at play where non dnd podcasts don't get downloads? they also seem to want to jump up epic adventures so fast but are always, like, level 5 by the time they do and it's just awkward

Not using D&D seems like a very Devo thing to do.

External Organs posted:

This is called Kingdom Hearts Syndrome and I'm afraid it's terminal

:hai:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I wanted to cut the cake with a chainsaw when I got married but I was talked out of it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The McElorys are trapped by their fans, especially when it comes to TAZ. And by fans, I mean those kind of fans.

The cosplaying, uwu, "you're going to be great" Tumblr fans. They're a huge part of the fanbase and the McElory's success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Warbird posted:

Man, I haven’t seen the Tumblr boogeyman in a minute. I mean you’re not wrong, but I haven’t seen that old chestnut trotted out in a while. I don’t blame them, the diehards are the ones buying the books and they’ve hitched their wagons to that group of horses.

I feel there's a link between maintaining listenership and the direction Griffin feels he needs to take things in to recapture that magic, is all. Like trying to catch lightning in a bottle.