Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Boy geez I do love those three boys and their daddy who should be on the podcast more often than he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

But of course. The OP really should have that in it so we can all remember to to follow Travis’s example and do unto others and so on and so forth.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

Making this thread be about BDG as well is an awesome idea. Has a very similar energy to the McElroys and deserves to be discussed.

Also there's nothing bad to say about him at all as he is perfect and amazing.

Has he put up anything recently besides the be your own boss and vcr videos?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I met the CFA owner/president/whatever guy a few years before he died. He was a pleasant enough fellow, it’s a shame about his views. I wish they would step back from their politics as it’s the only place in this town with a decent tasting and healthy fast food salad.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Pladdicus posted:

Toad needed like...2 more episodes I think but I can imagine that series hit a wall haha.

oh drat it got 13 episodes i feel i may have missed these.

Was BDG the fellow that was trying to get Nintendo to retweet that picture of Toad? Those were good videos.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

BDG should DM/GM the next TAZ season.

Also Graduation is ok, forgettable at worst. Y’all need to chill.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Just Chamber posted:

You should really look up the origin of Goober before you start throwing it around like that.

It’s what really old farts call peanuts and a term of endearment for “dumbfucker”. Please do share whatever fun racist/ableist/Xist source uses you know for it, I’d be interested to hear about it.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 31, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh fun. What happened with Lindsay?

some plague rats posted:

Also the best D&D podcast in the world, Rude Tales of Magic, is made up entirely of people whose character is "me but I'm a fawn/sasquatch/skeleton" and nobody complains about it because it's too much fun to be a buzz kill about

Idk friend. There are people that think Stirfry isn’t the best. The monsters.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 31, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Munch Squad has a surreal unintended beauty of the continual focus that some number of morons’ jobs were to write out these press releases and earnestly sell them. Much Squad good.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

taco show posted:

Uhh well I started listening to Dust since it’s between the Amnesty arcs and I really like the game system so far. I’ll come back to Balance after I wrap Amnesty.

It just all seems like a pretty harmless and funny podcast? I didn’t know what kind of insane fandom/BEC I walked into when I started a week ago. The subreddits are all insane. How the hell did it get this way?

Eh, all fandoms are bad with a few exclusions. People like bickering, particularly if there isn’t much else going on. We spent literal years going back and forth over what game system they should use (Pathfinder lol) for example. The current slate of bickering is just a side effect of the boys’ progressive presentation as others have noted. The Giant Bomb thread is the same way but that’s usually arguing over a site member or a former site member.

tl;dr - Goons gonna goon.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’d be super interested in some two brother wood working content, ngl. I know everyone has thoughts about Travis but I’d be interested to see how he and Justin perform together alone. If my personal experience is anything to go on it’s going to mostly dunking as hard as possible on the youngest brother.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

What is the range of the scale? 0-1? 0-100?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So Travis?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I can’t believe Dale made them read that ad copy.

Also the best McElroy did a new thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdVgPCM5wEk

Warbird fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 13, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Boy I hope they move back to DnD for the next campaign.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Edit: Also, not sure if this is a bit - Graduation was D&D.

It’s a bit buddy, don’t worry.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Just got around to the last couple of TAZ episodes and didn’t get the loan shark ad copy. I’m bummed.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Can someone run the “lowercase” thing by me? I get the intent but I don’t follow the logic.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Oh gently caress they got Ron? Going to listen to that right drat now.

Edit - Soon: My Brother My Brother and Dan Ryckert. Travis and Justin fielding just all of that would be something to behold.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Hubbardologist posted:

I've had the opposite response. I like it and all, but it doesn't feel related to the show tonally? Not that beandadrock really did either.

I liked Jean's song at the end of the episode.

They should start beef with Cher/ABBA and bring back Take A Chance On Me.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

More than they probably deserve.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It did? I don’t remember it really coming back up again after it happened.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You might have to go dig around in the old thread. I vaguely remember a video clip going around and a tweet or two from Austin at the time.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I may be misremembering but I want to say Rainier’s chair only “featured” in the first few appearances of her character. She was a pretty regular character and I don’t recall it being brought up terribly often in later appearances. There’s also the matter of this being an audio medium and you are going to have to tell rather than show. Could have done a better job of that of course, but it’s a bit of a tightrope to walk to keep people happy.

The poster making allusions to “90’s BK Kidz Club” is pretty spot on. This stuff hard to do right and is unfortunately “new” to the collective consciousness. I’m sure they’ll get better in time, they’ve shown that they care about this sort of thing.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’m hoping Brian gently caress can make a cameo in the upcoming arc. It might be neat to have folks come in and play guest NPCs or the like, assuming you keep it to a one off sort of thing. It might help address some of the “this family show of a bunch of white dudes from WV is full of white dudes” complaints. It won’t.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Party Boat posted:

Not to discourage anyone from signing up (because there's tons of other great stuff on the Patreon) but I'm pretty sure the VtM episode got put in the main feed at some point.

I don't think it did, but I would be very happy to be wrong.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Mother fukkin snorks y’all

Manstrocity posted:

It's on the main feed as "UNLOCKED: Blood Tales of Depravity," 10/6/2020

Oh right right. Tbh I didn’t like it and just bailed after a bit. I should give it another go.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Sankara posted:

Listened to the new TAZ prologue. That was rather all over the place, and I still don't really... get the premise? I'm sure they'll hash it out more later. Certainly seems like a fun game to play, though. Collaborative world building, what fun! Get those creative juices flowing!

I had some of the same questions as Justin (iirc) about why they were doing it this early, but I suspect that they will have a pretty significant time skip after the "year" ends and the lord/locations they built up will have bearing on the gameplay settings in a Horizon Zero Dawn old world sort of way.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Man I missed game system arguments. Pathfinder when?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

He somehow looks both 10 years younger and 10 years older

Not an emptyquote.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I thought about it but decided to let it ride.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I choose to believe that Rude Tales adopted Ghost With A Boner as its theme song as it is just so choice.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I can’t believe Pepsi is paying Justin to poo poo on Famous Dave’s. That seems much more like a coke thing to do.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Jean Grae did exactly that a few weeks ago and it was hella dope.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s god awful and great because of it.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

As a new parent of about 25 hours now I could certainly see how that could impact project timelines or higher cognitive functions.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’m more or less in the same boat. Enjoyed it for a bit and dropped it for reasons more or less summed up as being “overly twee”. Glad to hear folks are still enjoying it and I’m amazed I didn’t put two and two together and realize that the Jackson in question was Venture Jackson.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

My brother my brother in me.

I’m so sorry.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Really? It looks like they hosed up and uploaded a messed up mp3 or whatever on my client. I’m sure it’ll sort itself out.

Edit- Yup. Fixed already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Clint not doubling down and holding the initial joke accent is a real travesty.