Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Pladdicus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYespfZgeWQ griffin's amiibo corner is a real treat. it's definitely one of those series where if when they take the bit too far outfield you'll hate it (clown box, anything that he did with nick) but the whole premise is great and it ends about when it would have gotten old imo.

this was the first mcelroy thing id ever seen. so when i first watched monster factory it was weird to hear griffin's real voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah but we had to have a dimensional threat that everyone united against.

TAZ is in love with the final fantasy final boss as a concept.

i think it's more of a persona final boss concept. in that series they tend towards being wholly thematic representations too. This boss is "humanity's sloth". This boss is "turning away from truth". and so on. griffin's never been shy about being a fan of the series.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I have a theory that every raccoon is the ghost of a Confederate Civil War hero.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

The World Inferno posted:

*Hand gestures to this website, who's users affectionately and otherwise assume an identity as a 'goon'.*

People make a lot of things their identity. & write weird fetish fan fic about it too. As far as things go, probably better the McElory's than a lot of other stuff (4chan, cough cough).

duhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Adolf Hitler

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1425170779231162371

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
from reddit

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

The World Inferno posted:

https://twitter.com/dlcorreos/status/1456081340646891525

Oh boy oh boy. This would be the best energy in one of these eps.

can't have someone get dressed up needlessly if it's a nude ep

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

lol how am I not surprised that Previa_fun is a Cyberpunk stan

tell me, do you think all the criticism from trans and queer ppl about having their aesthetics coopted while not being treated with any respect goes too far too?

What an odd thing to say apropos of nothing

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Happy thanksgiving, idiots

https://www.themcelroy.family/2021/11/25/22801123/til-death-do-us-blart-2021

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Wizard Master

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The only deck building game you ever need to play is Magic: The Gathering. :colbert:

And you don't even, strictly speaking, need to play that one.

"But this deck builder/mmo/moba/clickyclickfest is different!" Yeah, no.

magic the gathering is a ccg, not a deckbuilder

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
bitch

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

lmao the stereotypical MaxFun fans are coming from inside the thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3962949&userid=126228

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah but the default response whenever someone posts your post history is to go “uhh pretty weird dude, are you like in love with me or something??”

"the wicked flee when no man pursueth"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

It is imperative I see a VOD of this

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

yeah actually they will posted:

It is imperative I see a VOD of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ5NV7Tt9Do&t=4099s found it.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

referring to it as “the toxicity between the main characters” is the most stereotypical MaxFun fan “Dear Jesse…” take tho

like just say that the show is a bummer and not fun, you don’t have to wokescold it

Ok Comboomer posted:

didn’t you hear that it’s actually leftist to adopt right wing idpol talking points?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Chieves posted:

Nobody's posted the most spirited McElroy content in months yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A8YRRnpMm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91R-_dfK9U&t=77s
1:17 for the uncut takes

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

Funko Pops are literally just Beanie Babies marketed at nerds.

Yeah, the beanie baby collectors community was too full of jocks

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i watched it with the commentary track. i did consider just listening to that one as a podcast but that seemed like a way crazier move

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The best Q episode is the one where Ben Sisko punches him and he immediately gets the message.

I understand where you're coming from. But that episode actually sucks dogshit

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i listen to greatest generation but i dont talk about it irl because i'm a little bit embarrassed to listen to a star trek podcast

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Ok Comboomer posted:

as opposed to what, some MaxFun fans pretending they’re not MaxFun fans?

a bunch of dudes in whose heads Travis McElroy, of all people, appears to live rent free?

like after Year Three of this it comes across less like funny posting and more like lowkey Chris Chan poo poo. If you hate the subject of the thread so much you should probably stop posting in it.

The entire point of starting this particular thread and killing the old one was to stop this kind of circlejerk

Shut the gently caress up dude!!! God!!!!!!!!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I wasnt vibing with the start of the wizard segment so I zoned out for a minute thinking that the wikiHow bits don't last too long. It got better but also man I wish I had paid attention for the whole thing

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
pretty sure they did. zone 9

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

inferis posted:

Heard a song on the radio and I swear it sounded just like the old mbmbam theme song

was it familiar

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

NieR Occomata posted:

It’s an entertainment product that (ostensibly) has rules. It is serious. It’d be akin to being a fan of an NFL team where the QB doesn’t know that you can’t throw a forward pass beyond the line of scrimmage (aka, being a Jets fan). But to complete the analogy, it’d be like watching Zach Wilson huck a bajillion interceptions and bad passes into triple coverage all loving game and the refs swooped in at the end of the fourth quarter to give them the win every time and they’re 8-0 instead of what they actually are right now, 4-4. It would not only make the Jets fradulent as hell, but it’d make the product as a whole worse because nothing actually matters, the zebras are gonna swoop in and give them the win regardless. This is currently where TAZ is, because they refuse to stop repeating the lie that it is a game based off a ttrpg system as opposed to what it actually is, which is a radio play with dice rolling sfx added in to the background.

And again, like I said before, that’s loving fine. You want to make a radio play, then do it. Seriously, if that’s what the McElroys want to do, then they should do it, but I think you and I both know they can’t hack it as “real” storytellers of actual, authored narratives considering how often they trip over the low as hell bar that is AP storytelling, so instead pretend that it’s all just a game, ha-ha, while both playing the game terribly and telling bad stories. It’s this horseshit disingenuous framing of what they’re actually doing that is the central problem, while both putting out a bad product and putting on a bad showcase of the game that is supposed to be on display in their actual play podcast. And it’s made all the worse by any number of infinitely superior, better played, funnier, and more engaging AP podcasts that are put out by people without the last name McElroy who aren’t as successful because they do not have the last name of McElroy.

yeah, it kind of feels like inertia at this point. the adventure zone is the adventure zone, and therefore is the adventure zone

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the only point where that specifically annoyed me was the suffering game where it was very clear griffin had played some zero escape but hadn't precisely internalised what made that compelling

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

more falafel please posted:

i do a full relisten of deathblart every year. this was a good ep

i have not watched the film. there was a lot of things that happened in this film I learned about this ep

not even the year when the episode was a full commentary track?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Sankis posted:

what kind of sociopath says the second T in twenty

are you a cockney youth

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

lol I just re-listened to this and there's a max fun ad at the end for an old podcast called Bunker Buddies hosted by Travis which was apparently about prepper stuff?? somehow I had completely memory-holed that.

wasnt his cohost for that kind of. "pro-prepper"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Warbird posted:

I mean most of us here listen to a podcast about a movie that we have never seen done by a bunch of idiots that don’t really want to do it but kind of have to so it’s not too far out of pocket.

technically after the year where it was a commentary track probably a few of us have watched it

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
just listened to the mbmbam plato's rave rpg planning episode and the taz plato's rave rpg episode back to back. Really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

how am i, a person who hasn't posted here in months, the first to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Cc5JPVx0o

that episode was aired in its entirety as part of the mcelroy family clubhouse stream. so technically you were the second to post it