Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

The funniest SNL thing was that it spent 4 years portraying itself as the most important bastion of the #resistance. Then their big election night victory lap episode was pushed back to 2 A.M. because of football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

So I could never get past the first 3 or 4 episodes of Graduation. I feel bad for Travis a bit. I think like there's this feeling that you need to make your campaign world so lived in and unique that the whole thing inadvertently becomes too conceptual and unwieldy. I ran into the same problem when I ran my first homebrew campaign. Really D&D is at its best when it starts out a bit generic and you work with your players to turn the world into something special.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I heart you, Ron

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

The theme of my podcast was originally to research and talk about paranormal incidents that happened in Kentucky from a skeptical perspective with my friends. Well, that took all of six months to completely exhaust. There was the Meat Shower, Edgar Cayce, the Hopkinsville Goblins and then it dries up after that. So, we moved on to other paranormal stories that we found interesting, but those dry up, too, when you're not invested in believing in them. Honestly, most any UFO, ghost, or cryptid story can he summed up and explained in about 15 minutes unless the people involved are eccentric and interesting. So, we went on to also covering true crime, which is a real passion of one of my co-hosts and we were able to coast on that for a long while. The show is mostly us being loud, vulgar people with progressive opinions and our small audience enjoyed that. Of course, COVID happened and we couldn't meet up anymore to record and my co-hosts aren't as tech savvy as I am, so no remote recording. I've been trying to put out an episode every couple months were I just read dump news stories, but between depression, my girlfriend having an alcoholic meltdown and leaving, and, well, depression, I haven't been very productive. I do a lot of technical prepping...my recording equipment and DAW are primed...but I just can't stand my own voice long enough to get at least 30 minutes of content in. I guess I have podcaster's block.

So, yeah, being a Dunning-Kruger empowered chud that can stream of consciousness with a complete lack of empathy about other people's embarrassing internet posting sounds like a real gift. I wish I could just confidently vomit mediocre yet consistent content.

Anyway. Glass shark was funny, amiright?

A) I'm very sorry you're going through a tough time. Depression is a bitch.

B) What's the name of your podcast? I'm a fan of Kentucky based paranormal stuff, so this sounds like my kinda party.

C) I assume you saw Hellier? How soon did you figure out they're a bunch of idiots?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Trav should do a guest spot on LPOTL.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I for one think it's silly to do a post mortem on a group whose second T.V. show is in production. They may have hit their plateau, but barring any actual controversy they'll be fine for at least a few years.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I was just thinking about truly depressing the Jumbotrons used to be. The one I always remember was one listener writing herself a message from the perspective of hers cats telling her how proud they were of her. It seemed that by the end the Jumbotrons were a mix of very sad people and couples engaging in very expensive PDA.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

But also, “If you need me, I’m on my mobile.”

I think that and the Coldplay roast are still some of the high points of the series.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I went to a Night Vale show and I was easily the oldest guy in there by about 8-10 years. I dunno, I guess podcast fandom is a young man's game.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, wow, Travis is unrecognizable. I'm figuring out which one is him through context clues, trying to stare at the picture until it makes sense, and it still doesn't look like him

maybe he got replaced by a pod person

Trav could've easily become Ricky from Trailer Park Boys in these pictures

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Montaigne is Australian. Australians often call complete strangers mate. Obviously the brothers are using this to foster dangerous parasocial sentiment in their fanbase.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

C-Euro posted:

This entire episode is extremely chaotic, and yeah I have no idea how they got into that opener. That commercial's been off the air for like fifteen years!

A buncha Zoomers rediscovered it and it's big on TikTok now

EDIT: I listened to the intro again and I had forgotten when Justin said he was the one who uploaded the sound. I suppose for many Millennials that commercial is permanently etched into our psyche. I for one can't even look at berries without replaying it in my head.

grittyreboot fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 1, 2021

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Why do they take their virtual events down after two weeks? If I wanna watch it six months from now that's still money in their pocket.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I fell off on them for a while because it seemed like the only listener questions they would answer were "how can I avoid ever having to socialize?" Maybe it's just me but it does seem like they're trying to field a wider variety of questions these last few months.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

They did have that whole thing about Ted Cruz recently

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Crystal Kingdom was the easiest chapter of Balance to just tune out. I remember being pretty lost on it. Maybe the graphic novel helps clear things up.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

eke out posted:

they are the rare podcast where fans actively re-post the ads lol

Money Zone went downhill since they stopped doing ads for Extreme Restraints

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Empty Sandwich posted:

I had a bad-faith reading of something they said on MBMBAM this week but I see things are properly abuzz in here

:justpost:

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Alaois posted:

the bachelor is regressive and has a horrible production backend and the company that makes it is bad,

Can you expand on this? Just curious, never seen it before

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I think she picked a side in the Smerlemageddon.

What's that?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They decided Glass Shark was a racial thing right? An impersonation of a black man? Despite the fact it sounded like no accent known to humanity. An attempt at Cajun to be sure, but like, a Gambit or Joe Dirt-esque "Home is where you make it" one.

I once used the word Y'all in a tweet and some white lady from Oregon chided me because according to her Y'all was exclusive to AAVE.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Candlenights is over, friends! We should focus on the real worst annual McElroy tradition, which is their Name The Year episode.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Does Ethersea seem to be coming to a climax? With D&D podcasts I prefer to listen to multiple eps a week and I don't wanna get started and then wait for a new upload every other week.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I don't care if the McElroys have to pay them, they should do more Extreme Restraints ads.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Richard Stink is clearly a less sexually deranged Jeremy Fragrance. https://youtu.be/r4FJk0Sq6CI

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/marshallmarkesq/status/1487782577645789184?t=RVk83MjerM5sJI_iyrnJrA&s=19

Man, what if this is what radicalizes the Republicans?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I used to be part of a Last Podcast On The Left Facebook group and they're the worst podcast fanbase by a mile. Half of them are chuds who piss and moan if the new episode wasn't the bleakest most extreme story of misery possible, to the point that a lot of them agreed the U.S.S. Indianapolis episode was "a good turnaround."

They'd also bring up how much they admire Joe Rogan apropos of nothing. I wonder how they're reacting to LPOTL leaving Spotify just as this whole boycott took off.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Different Polygon, bud. It's some kind of crypto scam company

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I like the idea of a mid sized video game website getting a half billion cash infusion. It'd be a much more whimsical world.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

change my name posted:

It is exceedingly easy to make a hosed up little monster man in the game even on accident

https://twitter.com/PsiHypo/status/1403406303792406533?t=cxgOQNxqlmHfaCzq_mJDxQ&s=19

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Travis pronounces tour like it rhymes with sewer and it bugs me

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Man I forgot how dire the Max Fun Drive episodes are. There was about 15 minutes of actual entertainment sandwiched inside 45 minutes of begging.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Sydnee McElroy claims she's a hardworking, blue collar American, so why is she so often seen in the arms of a certain rich European cologne magnate?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Speaking as a former sandwich shop employee, we absolutely would've minded if some weirdo showed up with seven filled out punch cards.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Just tried to listen to this week's MBMBAM and I think I'm gonna put the show on the backburner for a few months. Did they ever get off of Man Vs. Bee? They just keep stretching the one joke about how the show apparently has one joke.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Good Listener posted:

Did he go to the one in Louisville? I saw Weird Al last week in Dayton so I'm all curious lol

No, he went to the show in Ashland, KY. I, however, did go to the Louisville show and it was exactly as Justin described it. There's that part in Albuquerque where he asks the doughnut shop guy if they have (x) doughnuts and the guy shouts "No, were out of (x) doughnuts", but in the live show he keeps naming off different types of doughnuts for literal minutes. It was one of those jokes that stopped being funny for a while but became funny again because he was doing it for so long.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

Pops are loathsome things that have totally devoured all the shelf space for any other form of collectable at local comics shops

I love going to comic shops and having only half of one wall dedicated to actual comics

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I was waiting for a pickup order at a local Himalayan place and someone at a table brought up MBMBAM. Her mom or whoever asked what it was about.

"Uhh, games and.. stuff. It's.. uh, well anyway that guy sounds almost exactly like Travis and.."

Never heard of a Himalayan restaurant before. What kind of food do they serve?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

So Griffin moved to D.C. recently? Seems like an odd choice. Considering the state of America and the world in general I'd probably wanna live anywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Pennywise is more of a metaphysical entity and I doubt Batman has anything in his arsenal to damage it. At best he could enlist Zatanna or John Constantine to deal with it.

EDIT: I wrote this post during the Money Zone. Didn't know they were gonna bring it back up.

grittyreboot fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 8, 2022