Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Listen here pal, we leave reasoning and explanation outside the thread. Hate his open mouth or blindly defend him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol you [not you specifically] play the hurdy gurdy, who cares if you're annoyed. Fretboards are haaaard.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You are an excellent poster in AI. Don't do this to me, man.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Be good if the Mcelroys released something worth mentioning. Travis hasn't gotten more annoying, were just running out of talking points.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Best single shot they have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b3ImVxhA34

Also banana cronch hail satan.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Just Chamber posted:

Mukbang is kind of a gross combination of words in the English language especially if you're pronouncing it Muck Bang like an English language person and not like someone from Korea (I've heard it pronounced a few different ways, MookBung etc etc so I dont even know the right way). And if Justin legit didnt know it was from Korea I can't blame him for thinking like that.

I dont think Justin is or would have been cancelled over this but it shows where the internet is at the moment where he felt he had to rush and make 5 posts apologising and talk about anti asian hate like he was just part of it but it's twitter, he has to get on his hands and knees or face the wrath.

As a Korean I grant Justin one joke followed by a gong strike or oriental riff.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ok Comboomer posted:

It was like pretty heavily in the news a few years ago.

Like Anderson Cooper did a whole exposé on it and poo poo.

And a bunch of goons helped do the initial work to get the word out and collect documentation about the gross subcultures at Reddit and the administration that both protected and abetted them, especially once Reddit started working to hide evidence of that poo poo, multiple times obstructing the efforts of actual victims to get accountability.

There were a bunch of big threads about it here, under names like “To Catch A Redditor”.

And this is before all the gamergate and Trump-era rightbaiting on the site too. Or the harassment culture poo poo at Reddit corporate. Like if you join the site after all of this you don’t really get the benefit of the doubt to me in terms of not knowing. And Reddit didn’t *need* to keep poo poo like TD around for years, it turns out.

This was called The Reddit Bomb and it was driven by user A Glistening Hodor. I was part of the operation of spamming news outlets. Never forget :911:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Waterbed Wendy posted:

I kinda want to get into woodworking. It's seems like such a useful skill. My poor family though, their Christmas gifts will never be the same.

https://www.ana-white.com/

I use her plans a lot since you only need home depot grade lumber. You're gonna need stuff like a miter saw, pocket hole jig, a sander, and a brad nailer which may be a bit steep for entry into a hobby. But you definitely make up for it if you make enough stuff. Lucky "rustic" and "farmhouse" is very in right now which lends itself well to beginner furniture.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Hes the Mcelroy at home when your mom says you can't get any at the store because you have it at home.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
That is just the Breaking Bad "Jesse, what the gently caress are you talking about" meme.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think most of us are just craving the new comedy angle. I'm going to wait a bit before I say this is the best thing ever, but I definitely enjoyed it.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
SA to twitter to Tiktok. This is hell.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
They should just multiverse it. Literally no consequences or continuity, play in every tv or movie trope you've ever seen. Have a blast, kill your characters, it's great.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Well remember Yahoo used to be the largest trafficked website on the internet, reddit being huge probably doesn't hurt the chances of really dumb stuff being asked.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Jean Grae has been on Judge John Hodgman at least four times that I can remember.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Twitter: the public apology platform.

Twitter: the hateposting capitol of the world.

This is a problem and keeps the Mcelroys trapped in fandom hell.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Kill MBMBAM and focus on TAZ, hail satan.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sinteres posted:

Which are the best in your opinion?

Dragon Friends and Rude Tales of Magic are the top tier stuff I'm my book.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Big fruit is also low hanging, it seems.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Rapidly Going Deaf › McElory + BDG Love Zone: We Finally Shut The gently caress Up About Soy Face, Come Back Everyone

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
That BDG video has such a ridiculous credit roll.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The 7th Guest posted:

he now looks like if justin was an 80s drug-busting cop

i mostly want to get justin and griffin's takes on it

He looks like Jesse Hughes of Eagles of Death Metal. Except Jesse's look applies to a whole aesthetic and lifestyle instead of a promotional bet for a podcasting network.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Dragon Friends writes a new intro song every season.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
They have been very clear their world will be available to view.

bit.ly/EtherseaMaps

Their current map:

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Coffee And Pie posted:

Am I crazy or is that Disco Dancing Dinosaur Party song literally just The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang?

Just listened to this. Bass on the upbeat with a four on the floor drum beat with an identical four chord progression that's very popular in music. While there are a few degrees of similarity US courts have supported that idea that only a single note needs to be different to define a new IP. There was a procedural song algorithm made by a couple of people who literally broke the way it all works by generating every possible melody and then making it public domain.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxepzw/musicians-algorithmically-generate-every-possible-melody-release-them-to-public-domain

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Not Griffins wife YET

You can add this silly word to the end of any true descriptor of a relationship and it is still true yet!

Dammit

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Oh god they really think munch squad is better than Richard Stink? AKA Dick Stink?

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The town has a bunch of established lore so I wouldn't just jump in anywhere. Also note that the podcast isn't some grass roots experiment. It very much starts off as a full production from the very beginning.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If the live shows are any glimpse of their demographic, I want to say 20s is their key audience.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

RandomPauI posted:

I mean, I don't have DID. I have lots of dissociative symptoms to the point of psych hospitalizations. And, it kinda pisses me off that my mental health can be someone else's costume.

Imagine having real neurologist diagnosed ADHD. loving people use that poo poo to describe themselves when the lack the discipline to focus or are just lazy. Like, that's not what it is, but no one seems to care.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
His accent was all over the place with the character, though.

I'll take it over much squad, though.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Since there are people waiting for the all clear, and I already timestamped it for friends, the game world is set in motion at 1:37:17 of the latest Prologue which sets the scene for Ethersea proper. It is final remarks in character (not their final characters) by Travis, Justin, and Clint before Griffin begins the narration describing the beginning of the cataclysm that sends everyone underwater. Followed by a description of the underwater city.

^^^^
Very light spoilers, I am certainly not revealing anything that wasn't revealed in the trailer.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Baseball sucks to play. Not rich or old enough to like golf.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The ending is the prologue that the entire Quiet Year campaign should have been. The premise that this was the set up to another campaign set expectations too high, personally.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I liked angry Griffin :shrug: I don't want him to go back, but I'd hardly call him insufferable.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Both Justin and Travis's accents vary wildly. I give it 5 episodes before one of them forgets they had one.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The replacement of yahoo with wikihow is really giving the boys a lot of space to play in.

I think theyve found a new rut. I absolutely loved the few episodes without the traditional format. They felt much more organic.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't space jam a cult classic only made legendary by its perfect snapshot of the mid 90s?

It was always not good, but "good".

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'd be fine with the song if I didn't need to skip twice. Thats just too many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The McElroys have stated before not to listen to their stuff accelerated because comedic timing is a thing that literally requires the correct timing.