Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Undead Hippo posted:

Why does the new theme song for MBMBAM end with the lyric "It's better, it's better with 2"?
stealth advert for doublemint gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Entropic posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought it was more like a small group of fans was suggesting topics like that and they said "yeah, no, this isn't really that kind of show, we're trying to be a lighthearted funny little show, getting into heavy politics is not really our wheelhouse at all" and the fans were like HOW DARE YOU
that's how I remember it, and to reiterate about the mbmbam facebook fandom, they will ban you if you mention beans

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

please, everyone:

posting to frustrate each other is not a fun way to post because we're all on the same team and that team is to have fun together and to make it fun for all our audiences. And so when people make posts just to frustrate each other and just to troll each other, there's enough of that in the world today, of people trolling each other just to be mean and to be hurtful, and if we're gonna post in this space together we need to do it because we want each other to have fun and not because we're trying to frustrate each other, cause there's enough frustrating things in the world right now and there's enough we can't control, and one of the things we can control is that everyone is here to have fun and not waste each others' time and so when we make decisions that are meant to troll each other, that's something that bad people do.
this but unironically

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

regardless of whether the woodworking pilot was actually a real thing or keyfabe (i mean it's clearly just a skype call) i am glad they got a bespoke theme song for it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

change my name posted:

Travis tried loving an apple, but it broke apart as he came

(oh yeah I came here to post that Yahoo Answers is shutting down: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN35642.html)
woooo! more time for munch squad!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hustle Hound posted:

:goonsay: it's an incompetech song which is the opposite of bespoke
no there's a bespoke theme song with specific lyrics about justin and travis by the band Massing

there's probably some incompetech music in the middle somewhere

lyrics:
another day another brother
shopping some wood with one another
there's still some wood to cut
so it's time to give it all to justin and travis
to cut up
to cut up yeah
to cut up and put back together again
in the new appalachian workshop
featuring the mcelroy brothers (but not griffin)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 5, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there are probably a thousand yahoo answers questions in griffin's inbox that he can still use

people will just have to screencap them

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the purest form of preservation for Yahoo Answers

https://twitter.com/YahooAnswersTXT/status/1380150693340852233

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

travis got a new seggie to make his brothers feel real pain

griffin came back from the first week of taking care of a baby, the worst week of any parent's life, to experience travis doing a new painful segment at him

(which actually feels like a bit from hey riddle riddle, a podcast that i love but for some reason has anthony burch as a guest host this week)

e: there's some Ted Cruz riffin in this one

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 12, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this episode's got some good energy, i like this one. maybe each of the brothers needs to go on a week break to, like, have a baby or go to a gathering of the juggalos or whatever, so they can come back refreshed and with new experiences to channel into comedy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if someone fell for the loan shark advertised that would be unfortunate, both because they trusted the brothers to not sell anything fishy, but also because it means someone actually bought a moneyzone product, which I don't think has happened since Extreme Restraints ended their partnership

the moneyzone is for seeing if the ad gets ruined by one of the brothers breaking or going too far into a bit, not for actually listening to the ad. i mean you can't click on a podcast ad, you'd have to type the URL out and then possibly even input a coupon code. who even does that

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

some plague rats posted:

I'm unclear on if this an attempt at a defense of the brothers or what you were going for here
not a defense, they shouldn't be promoting loan sharks. i'm just surprised that anyone actually uses the moneyzone stuff instead of fast forwarding past it. the only reason i dont is laziness and also so i can always be on the cutting edge of "i hate the new one bad mother ad" discourse. it's almost always bougie poo poo

i guess that's why the loan shark is a weird choice is because usually it's ads aimed at middle class listeners. like that time when they had the ad partnership with that investments company and had no idea or experience in promoting such a thing, and it was just extremely awkward

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 13, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they should just advertise RAID SHADOW LEGENDS because the money's probably good and everyone will know they didn't play it, because no one who advertises RAID SHADOW LEGENDS has ever touched it, and anyone who looks at it knows its trash

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TAZ is literally a D&D game played by a family. what is the controversy there

there are also family-run businesses that have a pr person. idgi

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

Family as in owned and run by people who are related, or family as in G-rated?
clearly the former, in the very first Balance episode they go through a jizz cavern

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think the racism comment is referring to this

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1376951574942134272
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1376951576301035523
https://twitter.com/headsortailors/status/1376955924871589900

it wasn't signal boosted that much so i assume it is mostly just held in the permanent record by people who have an axe to grind

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sankis posted:

I doubt I'm saying anything new to most people in his thread but people should also keep in mind that this isn't just some 2 1/2 year old controversy. Trans rights in the UK have been under attack for years, and it has really, really amped up in recent months and from pretty much every direction from news, media, prominent terf public figures, etc. The relatively little pushback he got here for being a piece of poo poo TERF is probably the hardest he's ever had to defend his awful beliefs.
it's also rapidly gaining momentum in the US. the florida house just passed a bill requiring school athletes to have their genitals examined to make sure The Nasty Trans aren't invading the sports, and texas wrote a bill that would criminalize being a supportive parent of a trans child including taking the child away

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this week: a brother, his brother, and someone else's brother

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

podcast description says worst posts by the worst people on the internet, yet they have an episode about david lynch

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

those who can't do, teach

those who can't post, make podcasts about posts

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I can't believe Griffin is gone from the podcast forever

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

griffin ended his podcast strike i see

but they do still have a guest also

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have no interest in getting sex tips from travis mcelroy but i loving love that he posted a video about getting sex tips from him, in this year, with everyone mad at him

he truly was a sexpert

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 11, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

he now looks like if justin was an 80s drug-busting cop

i mostly want to get justin and griffin's takes on it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

koshmar posted:

I’ve never listened to more of It’s a Departure than the intro section. I just listened to the first 2 minutes or so and it is not a good song. Also I never realized the Money Zone Intro was part of the same song :psyduck:
that's because the money zone part is literally just jammed in there. there's like no transition at all between the two stages of the song

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

pseudosavior posted:

That was very clearly an "I'm collecting a paycheck anyway so who cares" performance.
sounds like he needs the money if he only has beans in his cabinets

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JJGo, judge john hodgman and the jv club have solid listenerships AFAICT

them getting 20k new subs in a pandemic is actually pretty surprising to me to be honest

i don't really know how maxfun ranks next to headgum, earwolf, all things comedy, etc though

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 2, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's been 4 months since the last monster factory...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Seriously this thread hates nothing more than McElroy content
i've seen more expressing of positivity from the giant bomb thread than this one lately, lol

(it's a constant competition)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

only listened to the first 15 minutes but it's good to hear them goofin around again. i wonder how the 'anytime i hear an accent i assume it's problematic' quadrant of the mbmbam fandom will react to Justin's character voice, which I'm pretty sure is just meant to be creepy old Southern lady

but this is good stuff so far

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 8, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If Travis quits on the french accent at any point he's a coward

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They should just go back to Second Life and see how the boy mayor's city is faring. I feel like that's a far more exhaustible resource because of the miles and miles of inscrutable content/servers made for the game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Plante should consider joining Nextlander imo, at least those dads play games sometimes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Touring during what will be the beginning of the end of year peak of the COVID delta variant is ridiculously irresponsible and they should be kicked in the nuts over this

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's a fun bubbly song

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

You guys must be real fun at parties

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

These dudes are 40, and so are all their listeners. No normal person would want to feel like high school.
i have bad news for you and it concerns the entire genre of pop music

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i mean, obviously good that they reversed decision, but why did they think it was a good idea to announce it yesterday?? it's one thing to say "yeah we planned this months in advance and then things didn't go as we hoped", and another thing to say "we planned this months in advance and then things didn't go as we hoped.... THEN WE ANNOUNCED IT ANYWAY!"

that was really loving stupid of them and I'm usually the one who goes to bat for every thing they do including yelling at the owner of the "cbd cures autism" store in the mall

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if they need more revenue, why haven't they launched a patreon it would be like easy mode dollars for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

weird place for Dahir Insaat to wind up but I guess if it works for him