Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

so i'm kinda out of hte loop, was the meltdown last thread because Travis was insufferably cringe in someone else's stream and it piled up wiht all the smaller annoyances he's known for?

there's a lot of people who used to be McElroy fans that sort of keep an eye on things still and that was a big enough meltdown that got spread far enough that it caught everyone's attention combined with the fact that it happened two days after he was "on a break" from social media for another incident

he's streaming right now on twitch with a bunch of much younger fans

inferis fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

"i'm recently on a new medication"

"thank you for loving me and supporting me no matter what"

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Sankis posted:

Who were the people Travis was playing with, anyway? Were they big names or smaller people

i'd never heard of them but chilled chaos 300k twitch followers and more than twice as many twitter followers than travis so ???. it was an established group of friends or something?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

mikeycp posted:

it was definitely an appropriately travis-esque meltdown

they haven’t started posting in this thread yet so not quite travisesque

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/MikeCosimano/status/1373748247907368962

evo was sick this year

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The Popeyes fish sandwich is really good but I think that chain has the biggest gap between a good location and a bad one

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I remember in the early 2000s every local band had the same cheapo $15 glockenspiel and $10 melodica

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

I love the Besties and even really like Russ and Chris but there’s no way I’m going anywhere near an episode where it’s just the two of them

What if it was the two of them and New York giraffe

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Why did they mention that she was trans? It never came up in the story didn’t griffin just say oh by the way lup is trans

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

If it has nothing to do with the plot it’s kind of weird to out a trans person in a world where literally you can magically change genders.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Trans isn’t necessarily an identity for everyone, since Lup never said anything about it one way or the other in the text of the show then her identity is a woman.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

When did lup out herself trans? When did she say it was an important part of her identity that she wanted everyone to know?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The next adventure zone should be a group of focus grouped diverse people role playing as the mcelroys.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

queer and straight aren't mutually exclusive terms

tell me more, especially with how this relates to travis

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

nah, gently caress reddit

a person outing themselves as a redditor to me instantly diminishes them in my eyes, doesn’t matter what their niche is

Welcome to the site that used to make fun of mother’s grieving their stillborn births and also the birthplace of 4chan.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

there’s also probably a lot of questions that don’t really have a question

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

if you played monster hunter before world and didn’t have a friend who pushed you into it and held your hand you hated it

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

I liked prep work and paintballs actually

Agreed, they’ve taken a little more of the hunting part out of it than I would like but I’m glad more people are playing it now.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/j_mcelro...ingawful.com%2F

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I bet he got real into welding instead of woodworking

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

C-Euro posted:

I missed MBMBAM collab chat but MBMBAM-UYD crossover when

I think it would go about as well as the uyd jjgo episode

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Doesn’t he still say “how’s your x” and dawg

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Was bingus in the new episode?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Something about them interviewing Justin about this instead of Griffin is extremely funny to me.

Justin is who they talked to about Travis being bad in the vice article, he must be the only one willing to talk to press

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Hustle Hound posted:

their lack of transformative attention in this case being the fact that they can't physically transform into more marginalized people

There’s one way

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

What the gently caress is impact factor nerd

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Stroop There It Is posted:

it's basically a proxy for "how important is this journal in its field" based on number of citations. that number is.... low

That wasn’t already clear from either the title of the article or the name of the journal?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I really loved the era of the best show post wfmu and pre Patreon where Tom would do ads for like gambling and loan companies and sounded miserable the whole time

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

If that was the case it was a pretty wishy washy answer he gave when asked directly about trans children.

https://twitter.com/JoboGinger/status/1382450278457339911

Also I looked up the article and it was a ‘criticism of the charity’ by saying trans children should not be able to access gender related healthcare.

I don’t like jesse thorn but it’s a reasonable question and he offered to let him elaborate all he wanted in a follow up and then declined to send his recording.

inferis fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 15, 2021

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

And keep in mind he didn’t just criticize the charity in isolation, this was part of a large amount of public figures trying to get a grant pulled from a charity because they don’t think children know their own gender.

I think the way he phrased it intentionally made it sound like it was something about how they are mismanaged it or misappropriated funds or something like that but the criticism in the original article was specifically that children should not be allowed to take puberty blockers that are prescribed by doctors.

inferis fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Apr 15, 2021

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I don’t remember what I tweeted but I stand by it!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

It was one question after 40 minutes of an obvious fan gassing him up and then giving him like four chances to say something not lovely or at least give a weak apology and leave things ambiguous.

Really didn’t think today would be the day I’m defending jesse thorn

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Oh I wasn’t disagreeing, I think Jesse thorn sucks for a few reasons but this isn’t one of them.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Colonel Whitey posted:

So, was David Mitchell also in the interview, and if so did he just sit there silently while that whole discussion occurred?

Yep from there until the conclusion of the interview, all of them were all laughing and slapping until that question.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

When bingus is off screen all the other characters should be asking each other “where’s bingus?”

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

All you need to know about graduation is that someone made up a character in a character guide on Reddit and it instantly became the most popular one with the most fan art.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Bip Roberts posted:

They'll probably get Jimmy Buffet on again and he'd spend an hour hard pitching time shares to a magaritaville themes florida housing tract.

I definitely have some questions for him if he’s ever a guest again.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Ok Comboomer posted:

I don’t listen to MaxFun anymore I merely post about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

There are multiple points in that where Travis is trying to talk and his mic gets cut off or faded out