Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Who were the people Travis was playing with, anyway? Were they big names or smaller people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

edit: the McElory thread is not the place for it

Sankis fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 31, 2021

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Sivart13 posted:

I'm not gonna make anyone listen to the latest Besties that is only Russ and Justin if they don't want to. But you might have missed out on the revelation that Justin's dog (which he hates) in Monster Hunter is called Woofa Doofa.

Justin and Russ was better than last week's Russ and Plante.

Luckily for the mcelroys, no one listens to the besties or the fact that justin apparently doesn't like dogs(???) is probably what would get the mcelroys canceled for real

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

Yahoo Answers has been shutting down for the last like 5 years

Also lol at Travis definitely actually being the ‘Travis the roommate’ in that webcomic that got posted a while back

It's actually shutting down this time. Not just in a weird limbo of "why is this site still running"

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

With Yahoo Answers gone, they're going to start taking questions from fast food companies.

edit:

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1379622940942159873

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Wasabi the J posted:

Curious timing.

:thunk:

oh geez. i hope he has a priest available just in case he needs an exorcism in the near future.

no one wants the spirit of yahoo answers to get trapped in their newborn baby

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Did they seriously do an ad for 25% APR personal loans on the latest TAZ?

https://twitter.com/Seglegs/status/1381670802463076357

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/maximumfun/comments/mnt0wm/maxfun_ad_policy/ jesse thorn's response. it's NOT GREAT

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Desperate people are the people who sign up for this poo poo. If someone is desperate and hears the mcelroys reading positive ad copy for a loan shark it doesn't really matter how they find out about it.

edit: also if you regularly listen in a car or while out running or something it's probably easier to just let the minute of ads play most of the time.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

catgirlgenius posted:

there's something inherently funny about a thread that puts a spotlight on: a) the internet content creator with maybe the best outlook re: protecting his audience from parasociality, protecting himself from his audience, and generally having good boundaries and sense of self-awareness, and b) the McElroys

anyways BDG has a beautiful singing voice and if he dropped out of the video game scene to develop that I wouldn't mind at all

Hes done some more music. this came up randomly on spotify once and i was extremely confused

https://youtu.be/hZmaoIyE7xo

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I doubt I'm saying anything new to most people in his thread but people should also keep in mind that this isn't just some 2 1/2 year old controversy. Trans rights in the UK have been under attack for years, and it has really, really amped up in recent months and from pretty much every direction from news, media, prominent terf public figures, etc. The relatively little pushback he got here for being a piece of poo poo TERF is probably the hardest he's ever had to defend his awful beliefs.

edit: im glad Jesse Thorn seems like an alright dad even if he is really bad at picking ads for his podcast network

Sankis fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 15, 2021

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

dont worry im sure the bbc will soon have his side of the story and regail us all about how the awful American bullied him over his desire to 'protect women'

edit: maybe im just really tired and confused but im pretty sure we're on the same side?

Sankis fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 15, 2021

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Gotta say, the Montaigne song has really grown on me.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

We say that now but it's just a matter of time before it happens to be Lin or jimmy buffet

Jean truly was excellent,though.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I'm 15 minutes into the Charlieverse episode and this is incredible. The songs are... amazing.

edit: big lol at travis getting annoyed that justin wont let him circumvent the door

Sankis fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 7, 2021

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The Charlieverse encounter that Justin gives a disclaimer before is the ultimate 6 year-old thought, and it's just so so good.

Was that the you have to shoot the babies one? The whole thing was so good.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Has there been a Monster Factory since the Crusader Kings 3 one? I think this is the longest there's been between episodes since they came back with their weird Vox/McElroy Family thing.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I mean the kid thing, sure, but isn't the TAZ thing using an existing system

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Is this the same as "plural"? I only ever heard of it by accident about a month ago and it absolutely blew my mind. Ultimately it seemed harmless though i guess im old now

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

was the live show good this time? worth the :10bux:?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

what's up with travis constantly introducing himself as big dog woof woof. is he trying to force a nickname or is it just because of their year theme. i feel like it was probably explained at some point but January was like 2 years ago

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

you fast podcast people are all freaks.

music video (and song) was fun.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 13, 2021

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

ive been relistening to episodes and golly there's a lot more episodes than the last time I did this and something that never ceases to annoy me is when justin says boll (as in boll and branch) isn't a thing and that it's a bad name because of that.

i was gonna say also when they refer to people having a thorax but i guess that's actually correct just not used as much in favor of chest. i just know it from it being used for insects. Boll is definitely a thing though!!

Sankis fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 29, 2021

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Has there been any word on the adventure zone animated series? I remember seeing some speculation that it may have been quietly canceled but I think that was just some weird internet posters making poo poo up.

edit: oh i guess it was only announced in January 2020. It feels like it was earlier than that. Thats the perfect time to get started and then have production get absolutely wrecked by covid.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I wound up jumping past so much of the end of the first one because it was just the same thing over and over.

Did he stream his pokemon run and then edit down for YouTube? Be nice if he did that again

That was a polygon thing though, wasn't it? He probably had someone else editing them or was being paid to do it himself for those.

edit: listening to an mbmbam from earlier in 2021 and holy poo poo this stuff feels like it was years ago not 11 months ago

Sankis fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 19, 2021

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

i just started listening to ethersea. I really liked the prologue stuff and the episodes themselves so far seem fun. why did Travis need this french accent though. it's so bad. sometimes it sounds Russian

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

i changed my mind about travis's character. When he finds the character and relies less on the accent i genuinely like the character and think hes pretty fun

edit: holy poo poo the littlest baby gag and phantom sea coast co

Sankis fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 5, 2022

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Presenting, the mcelroys new hit series where they return to dungeons and dragons-

The Adventure Zone: Ethermount

Its a lot about growing mushrooms and being so pale you're see through but are otherwise pretty good. There are also coral golems but for entirely unrelated reasons

edit: are the naval rules griffin uses something he adapted from dnd that exists or did he make it?

Sankis fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 10, 2022

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

They're doing dice rolls on roll20, right? Is the sound that plays the roll20 dice sound or is griffin editing in another? Just curious as it is an EXTREMELY SATISFYING dice sound

edit: I'm not caught up on ethersea yet but griffins thing as a dm this time around seems very choice/rolls and consequences for the setting. Maybe he'll do a balance thing though it's not the vibe I've been getting

I can see something like a finale where they meet all their friends again and see what changes they've made like a bioware game does

edit 2: just watched some of that rules stream Griffin did and I'm really impressed with how much thought he put into all of this.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jan 11, 2022

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I get completely why they do it but I really wish the McElroys could break out of every church that appears in TAZ just being a rebadged baptist church

i like devo but his backstory seemingly just being "lapsed baptist" is boring as hell

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

the best ads were heat rocks because i just want to hear that lady talk but i never want to listen to the podcast

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

That's something that is (was?) big on am/fm radio too. Having the hosts of the show read some ad copy at the end of a segment or even going live to do it during an ad break.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

In the latest TAZ, it was very funny and satisfying to have Travis try to persuade his way out of combat over and over only for it to not work because he started it by making the room explode.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Clint is having a blast and that makes each episode fun.

Zoox just bodying everyone while Devo ran around trying to do persuade rolls was hilarious

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

Zutaten posted:

This is the "Monopoly Tax Money Goes Into Free Parking" rule of tabletop gaming, in that everyone seems to think it's a thing, it makes the game actively less fun, and it's very tedious. Every time I hear a DM go "wow that's a high roll, well, I guess you change this person's entire moral code" I sigh.

Not so much a tabletop thing as other roleplaying thing but It's even better when people expect other player's characters to abide by high persuasion rolls

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

i liked the heat rocks ads because that lady has an incredibly nice voice. rip heat rocks

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

if she does somehow win does sawbones go away

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

I'm only on last week's TAZ episode but it's very funny to hear Travis unintentionally go into about a half second of his Devo accent before switching gears.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

That's actually at least their second song together. Thumbnail is pretty good.

https://youtu.be/hZmaoIyE7xo

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

kamille posted:

People are definitely making new city pop, and it's recognized as a genre in Japan by musicians. A lot of the new stuff is coming out of Korea interestingly enough.

https://oto-asari.com/neocitypop-2021/

Korea seems to have a pretty thriving jazz scene for whatever reason. I remember coming across a ton of Korean stuff when I was looking for that sort of thing back when Persona 5 came out.

edit: im just starting the latest TAZ. if griffin pulls an Assassin Creed ending twist with this character I'll be so excited

Sankis fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

i hope to god someone (clint) rolls another 1 on one of these travel rolls

Sankis fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 21, 2022