Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Lol at the old op melting down. Also ty for the thread to talk about 3 funny brother and their nice podcast content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Todays MBMBAM was good, better than average munch squad too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TL posted:

I bailed on Graduation early on, but I can only imagine how it would've gone if they followed through on Travis' original idea to create a new RPG.

Not worse probably, he seems for real angry when they try to play by DND rules.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I liked them playing powered by the apocalypse besides the fact that they kept on triggering hard moves on inconsequential rolls.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pennsylvanian posted:

Hot take but Riddle Me Piss, Play Along at Home, and Sad Libs are all better than Munch Squad.

Yeah, obviously.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

Lukewarm take at worst.

I miss a lot of justin's dead bits. Why he latched onto munch squad we'll never know but that's just his steeze now like griffin's Yahoo.

It makes me sad they almost certainly aren't getting paid for munch squad.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
First of all it was "mission imp hospital". secondly I really think it was travis trying to punish the listeners by pretending "this what TAZ would be like if we actually played DND" and it was by far the best episodes of graduation.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

New Super Metis posted:

please put this thread out of its misery again

sorry you're getting owned ITT

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Someone should remake Scott Pilgrim but with all Travises

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AndrewP posted:

I listened to that episode hoping it would be full of Justin dunking on Monster Hunter and was disappointed to hear he enjoyed it

Do people not like monster hunter?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is the humor that she didn't watch the show?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It was good brother energy, also the power drill bleep was a good bit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I looked up the staircase and its pretty fancy indeed.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

docbeard posted:

In some ways Amnesty is my favorite (not-a-one-shot) thing they've done but I am consistently unable to really argue with all the various flaws that are brought up about it, especially the one where there was a hell of a lot that didn't become at all clear until right before the very end and even then only kind of and I couldn't really explain most of it now.

Low stakes Amnesty was good but once it became a dumb save-the-world plot it became way more arduous.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Warbird posted:

What is the range of the scale? 0-1? 0-100?

Impact factor means the average times a paper gets cites in another publication. 0.75 means off hand at least a quarter of the papers never get cited at all but since it's an average there are probably a few that get cite a handful of times and most that are forgotten completely. Also most researchers like to cite their previous work in future publications (as usual you build of your previous work and you want to point readers to it) this number means it's really a dead-end for papers that want to be mothballed forever.

For general calibration at least in the scientific field I worked in back when I was publishing academic papers I wrote about a dozen and they've been cited about 5-100 times as a range.

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 8, 2021

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They'll probably get Jimmy Buffet on again and he'd spend an hour hard pitching time shares to a magaritaville themes florida housing tract.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The World Inferno posted:

I've always found it kind of funny how Wikipedia probably subsidizes 99% of podcast content.

Particularly one's recanting historical events or people, you lookup the subject and it becomes pretty clear pretty quickly that was the only research done :laugh:. It's not a bad thing, and lord knows I still enjoy listening to some that do that, but it does clarify how someone can juggle weekly research projects with everything else.

Unless you're Cocaine and Rhinestones, where the fella is taking three years before seasons. Which is a very good thing and good show.

The dollops been going for years on the theme of "let's read 4 paragraphs of a Wikipedia article, but over 2 hours".

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

um excuse me posted:

Kill MBMBAM and focus on TAZ, hail satan.

For real the every other week format holds back taz a whole lot

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They rub their filthy bodies together

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I don't give them money and I skip the money zone but I like the pod.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Pod don't lie has the best pod into music

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Cool that it take 2 weeks to produce 45 minutes of dnd adjacent content its decent tho

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm just in a world where radio raheem just follows me around all day and plays episodes 1-3 of the adventure zone ether sea the quiet year on a giant boom box and despite telling him to turn it down he won't

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pennsylvanian posted:

This is why I fell off of NADDPOD recently. I'll get distracted during one of Brian's "In this room, you see..." monologues. Ten minutes later I'm finished with my task and realize I have no idea what's going on.

I usually pick up half my listening comprehension with all the plot points I missed in the main ep listening to the short rest.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
That's an insanely discount vulfpeck song they played in whole

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I stopped the episode at some point during the Chuck E. Cheese children's album, is there a good bit in the last 10 min?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Tears In A Vial posted:

I'm not saying I hated it, but I definitely did not understand Richard Stink

He's the pg13 Pierre St Pierre

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Good hornyboysummer energy on the first half of the episode followed by playing an advertisement spot in whole after the money zone.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Apparently there's a bunch of drama over Travis being thirsty for fans' onlyfans which Is exactly the kind of fake drama that it's super easy to bully the brothers over and cause them to have a hilarious real world freak out.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

From want I saw, the evidence being used against him is thin. He offered to retweet content makers, and he retweeted more only fans once or twice more than the other kinds of content creators.

It's absolutely the kind of non issue that their fans bully them into fully melting down and apologizing about. Kinda like Mukbang. It's good content.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Also if someone's business is making youtube videos, i can only be so mad at them for giving them titles that people want to click on. people gotta eat

On the other hand the world would be better if the people who made youtube videos as their business literally didn't eat (maybe for a month at least)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Marsupial Ape posted:

I've been saving up for a Shure SM7B, but you've just ruined that ambition for me.

Lie back and think of Travis

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Junk should be sorted and recycled not go in the trunk!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bugsy posted:

Glad to hear the Besties finally getting some add revenue.

They should give them the munch squad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
boys being lazy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They're rolling to guide the action, I'm still waiting for a failed roll to muck up a plan and make them act of their feet. In any case it seems good so far.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm actually okay with the munch squad change of format. It's not just straight advertising copy and there is probably a much better change of getting funny content out of local food reviews of West Virginia strip mall restaurants.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder if bullying worked since the munch squad hasn't been a straight advertisement two weeks in a row.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm not going to complain about getting 45 minutes of free D&D content every other week but it's going to take a very long time to tell a story this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
No, it's actually good content, it's just they talk very slow to start so 22 minutes a week is not very much at all.