Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you Serra Angel?
Yes, I am definitely Serra Angel. I can post here.
No, I am not Serra Angel. I can still post here, unfortunately.
View Results

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rufio posted:

I knew the game was doomed when ICR couldn't even bring himself to encourage goons to whale out on prerelease packs.

Isn’t it usually the other way around, where ICR hypes only the most doomed of games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Game does not seem as P2W as I first reckoned. Near as I can tell the cash shop is mostly accelerated XP and such, and boosters for a class that doesn’t offer anything meaningfully different than the base classes. Meanwhile spells seem to be almost entirely acquired through the Mystic Study and random drops? The spell acquisition loop is very strange. I’m unsure if you can even farm specific things right now but nor can you spend money on them.

And spells are by far the most important part right now. Especially once you move onto Hard difficulty and things can meaningfully threaten you now.