Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
... boatloons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Mozi posted:

... boatloons?

Balloats. :colbert:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
please reset the counter, and update the thread title

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1612356956420718594?s=20&t=9IjuHlO3oPd6OA5PYxKJmg

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Back up already :sigh:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Splicer posted:

Back up already :sigh:

a monday tease :(

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
https://mobile.twitter.com/AP/status/1632467270327844868

It was in the wider part and they got it towed away, but eventually we will strike lucky again!

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
https://twitter.com/business/status/1661587837857267712

Reset the counter again.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

How many sex arses on this one?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

What is it about the Suez Canal that keeps letting this happen?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Corn Glizzy posted:

It was built when the ships were a lot smaller and is too big to widen.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kdrudy posted:

How many sex arses on this one?

Word on the street in the sex arse community is it was just filled to the brim with sex arses.

Seems it may of just been to many for the Suez Canal to handle, alas.

Oh humanities hubris, how it does lead us to destruction so! :(

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Thranguy posted:

It was built when the ships were a lot smaller and is too big to widen.

They made it wider but then people built the ships even bigger since the canal was bigger.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

yeah baby. gently caress the canal with your ship dick

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Corn Glizzy posted:

These boats got too much junk in the trunk :sexarse:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They ought to build Titanic 2 outta sex arses, it'll never sink

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:siren: https://www.reuters.com/world/suez-canal-tugboat-sinks-after-collision-with-tanker-2023-08-05/ :siren:

quote:

CAIRO, Aug 5 (Reuters) - A Suez Canal tugboat has sunk after colliding with a Hong Kong-flagged LPG tanker in the strategically important waterway, the canal authority said on Saturday, without saying if shipping traffic had been disrupted.

The tanker, Chinagas Legend, is waiting in Port Said until the completion of procedures related to the accident, canal authority head Osama Rabie said in a statement.

Two canal sources said Chinagas Legend was unharmed by the collision, was functioning normally and had anchored at Port Said.

Rabie said seven people had been on board the tugboat Fahd and that rescue work was underway, with a crane dispatched to recover the sunken vessel.

Two other canal sources said six of the tugboat's crew members had been rescued and taken to hospital, while the seventh was still unaccounted for.

The tanker, which was heading south on its journey from Singapore to the U.S., is 230 metres (755 feet) long and 36 metres (118 feet) wide, and carries a cargo of 52,000 metric tons of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).

It's not exactly an Evergiven, but it tried to crash into a 230 meter tanker. We tug to our hero :patriot:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Hmm, this canal seems pretty accident prone. Have they considered just sailing around Africa?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Wifi Toilet posted:

Hmm, this canal seems pretty accident prone. Have they considered just sailing around Africa?

I forgot to mention, the Panama canal has also been restricting access because of draught!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

drought reducing draught?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Wifi Toilet posted:

Seems a long way. They should probably just float over it.

I mean it couldn't take more than say a couple of dozen zeppelins to majestically drift one of those tankers over that accursed canal.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

have they tried using airboats in the canal, like in halflife2

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

They tried but node graphs were constantly out of date

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
Folks we are BACK

Tanker and LNG Carrier Collide in Suez Canal

quote:

An LNG carrier lost control and turned sideways in the Suez Canal, causing another tanker to run into it, AIS ship tracking data from MarineTraffic.com showed.

A third tanker was also in the vicinity, but it’s unclear if it was involved in any way.

MarineTraffic said it received an eyewitness report of the collision involving the Burri, a Cayman Island tanker, and the Singapore-flagged LNG carrier BW Lesmes. The third tanker is the Athens Spirit, flying the flag of the Bahamas. It also shared an AIS replay of the incident, showing the BW Lesmes sideways in a section of the southern end of the Suez Canal, where there is only one lane of traffic.

https://twitter.com/MarineTraffic/status/1694125436031189251

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh man if they sink and explode that seems like it would gently caress poo poo up

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Watching that playback it seems like they would have far less crashes if they went the normally slow speed of tankers and didn't buzz down the canal like caffeinated bees.

Those drat ships must of been doing 600-700 Km per hr.

Utterly recklessfull!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
They should stop crashing boats in my opinion.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I think the canal needs a passing lane.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tankers Burn and Lessmess

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Extremely strong disagree

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

These tankers need nice leather steering wheel covers for better grip.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

These tankers need nice leather steering wheel covers for better grip.

An XXXL pair of fuzzy dice unfortunately obstructed view through the windscreen.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

how do you type this up and then just post it like its no big deal. youre sick.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

We should learn to make our own sex arses, just like our grandparents did

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

sex arse fabricators use punch cards

do you know how punch cards are reticulated? I sure as hell don't

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

flubber nuts posted:

how do you type this up and then just post it like its no big deal. youre sick.

I'm going to go offline for a while and spend some time learning and growing. I apologize to anyone I may have harmed with my shortsighted comments.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

im gonna shag the sex arses

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

dervival posted:

sex arse fabricators use punch cards

do you know how punch cards are reticulated? I sure as hell don't

The splines!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

bump

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Oh god, if it was another bridge you bumped into please let the authorities know!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

When will we find the cure for boats?