Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

oxsnard posted:

I mean if that's d&d not much we can do besides laugh.

I don't own the definition of who is A Real C-Spammer and who is not but if you post in this thread I think you're fair game and one of those posts was in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

let's not let a consensus of five tankies backseat modding on friday night dictate whether the thread stays open

I agree with most of your points but I don't think calling people tankies is particularly helpful given what they've posted

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

I don't own the definition of who is A Real C-Spammer and who is not but if you post in this thread I think you're fair game and one of those posts was in this thread.

lol fair enough yeah that's garbage and should be mocked

THS
Sep 15, 2017

oxsnard posted:

I mean if that's d&d not much we can do besides laugh.

the first post was from this thread

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

THS posted:

the first post was from this thread

gently caress you tankie i said it first

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ppl confident in their argument dont throw out the t-slur

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
How is posting in a mod feedback thread backseat modding?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It's only called "tankie" if you support tanks from the hungarian region, otherwise it's called sparkling armories

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
yeah my bad I must have glazed over it, it's trash rear end garbage and us border camps are objectively human rights violations, concentration camps and would be considered part of a genocidal campaign if the population they were targeting wasn't so large and ubiquitous, as race and ethnicity are clearly a huge part of why they exist and are ran the way they are

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

THS posted:

i dont think ive been called a tankie before in cspam lol hell yea

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Getting called a tankie in a leftist forum ftw!

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

let's not let a consensus of five tankies backseat modding on friday night dictate whether the thread stays open

flavius already said it was going to be closed today dumbass

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Getting called a tankie in a leftist forum ftw!

being a tank sound fun

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

oxsnard posted:

yeah my bad I must have glazed over it, it's trash rear end garbage and us border camps are objectively human rights violations, concentration camps and would be considered part of a genocidal campaign if the population they were targeting wasn't so large and ubiquitous, as race and ethnicity are clearly a huge part of why they exist and are ran the way they are

I'm going to end this derail here but I think in practical terms the reason why people are comfortable calling Xinjiang a genocide while the US concentration camps where people have had their kids stolen, their reproductive organs removed, and been intentionally exposed to a lethal virus regardless of their legal status due to their membership in an undesirable ethnic, national, or cultural group are not "considered part of a genocidal campaign" has less to do with the population being large and ubiquitous and lot more to do with the fact that the NGOs and trans-national governmental organizations that drum up public attention against such things are beholden to dollars from the US foreign policy apparatus and largely staffed by an interchangeable set of US elites.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Junkozeyne posted:

I guess to the point of why isn't China just openly releasing everything to let people see for themselves is that it still wouldn't deter the USA.

100%

China let a WHO delegation do an investigation into Wuhan and the US response was that they were still hiding something regardless.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Dixon Chisholm posted:

being a tank sound fun

I'm this thing.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

grow a thicker skin

I'm a little worried to hear that coming from you:

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I thought this was the worst C-SPAM thread ever but now it is the best

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

I'm going to end this derail here but I think in practical terms the reason why people are comfortable calling Xinjiang a genocide while the US concentration camps where people have had their kids stolen, their reproductive organs removed, and been intentionally exposed to a lethal virus regardless of their legal status due to their membership in an undesirable ethnic, national, or cultural group are not "considered part of a genocidal campaign" has less to do with the population being large and ubiquitous and lot more to do with the fact that the NGOs and trans-national governmental organizations that drum up public attention against such things are beholden to dollars from the US foreign policy apparatus and largely staffed by an interchangeable set of US elites.

probably a fair point! And yeah I'll end the derail. CC deniers in the US should be permabanned on the spot but I'm not an admin so I'll just yell into the void

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ferrinus posted:

I'm a little worried to hear that coming from you:

:chloe:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

taking a minute to appreciate that ive been probed for posting objectively correct observations and articles from questionable twitter accounts mostly because who can keep track of who has a blue checkmark and why and i try to avoid reusing that source if someone calls attention to it

but this thread is just full of people hellbent on doubling down on using a literal fundie death cultist as a source to demand their forum enemies be punished for genocide denial to advance a talking point thats among the most popular on right wing twitter right now and im just thinking do you people have no shame at all

Sea_Caldwell
Feb 5, 2021

really queer Christmas posted:

But what is the point then of continuing to belabor that China bad too? Who does it benefit except to own posting enemies? There is, at least , a benefit to westerners and Americans talking about American crimes because we can at least do something about it more than just have our country rattle a saber at a foreign power. If you just want people to admit China is doing a very bad thing, then congrats you seem to have already gotten it from everyone here. What else, then, is the goal?

The entire point of these forums is to own your posting enemies.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
since this thread is going to be closed tonight I just want to say that everyone that's not super critical of china itt is a privileged bad faith actor that opposes human rights and you should honestly be praising the democrats for reinventing themselves as progressives

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Some Guy TT posted:

l to advance a talking point thats among the most popular on right wing twitter right now and im just thinking do you people have no shame at all

Please don't repeat liberal talking points.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

theyre upset that the forum more widely rejecting the mainstream liberal consensus has more posters

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
There's a CSPAM dickcord?

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Love the room temperature IQ "leftists" that use tankie unironically. I hope your an anarchist bro, lmao

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Gringostar posted:

since this thread is going to be closed tonight I just want to say that everyone that's not super critical of china itt is a privileged bad faith actor that opposes human rights and you should honestly be praising the democrats for reinventing themselves as progressives

You can tell the Democrats aren't super-privileged bad faith actors because they're not super critical of China. Wait-

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Ferrinus posted:

You can tell the Democrats aren't super-privileged bad faith actors because they're not super critical of China. Wait-

lol

:yeshaha:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Ahh, AOC, whose line on Tibet is actually harder than the State Department's.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gringostar posted:

It's true, all of it.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Zurtilik posted:

There's a CSPAM dickcord?

yeah everyone is on it except for you

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Does Chinese media, the ccp, or Chinese people in general refer to the US border concentration camps as concentration camps?

I have no point to make here just curious

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Hot Karl Marx posted:

yeah everyone is on it except for you

Well, that's okay. We can correct the mistake now :kiddo:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1375559590188699649

https://twitter.com/CaiStark/status/1375563546935840782

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Prince Myshkin posted:

The famous Soviet death camps of Auschwitz, which the Soviets also deviously liberated, perhaps as some elaborate form of Asiatic trickery.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I know what you mean contemporary stuff but like... Genghis Khan just to start with.

America is a baby and has done plenty to instill itself as a warcrime champion in its short time but... like... let's not get silly here with the history

note to the mods: if the thread keeps producing content this incredible, I would argue to keep it open

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/evazhengll/status/1375447934133796870

Serf
May 5, 2011

as a tankie, this is the tank i want to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

my meta position on this thread is to just strike the moderator part from the thread title remove the sticky and make this the dedicated xinjiang thread exclusively for xinjiang related content

the eurasia thread is kind of unavoidably crowded and given how a lot of posters really care about xinjiang but do not apparently give a poo poo about anything else that happens in china it makes a lot of sense to just split this topic off into its own thread