Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Has there been active moderation of people getting slapped for "genocide denial" and if so can I see some examples?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

Can everyone live with this?

Gonna have to post this in the mod forums my dude, not in here

But yeah, I agree, sounds like the correct take

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i mean they haven't banned islam but i really can't imagine a good reason to raze religious buildings unless they're in danger of collapse

The last time I saw someone post the "blowing up mosque" thing it ended up being them taking down one of the gate structures because they had expanded the compound. Someone posted the before and after and the place like tripled in size.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

sleeptalker posted:

Probably not really what you're going for, but Turkish ethno-nationalists have been expressing interest in forming a kind of bloc of Turkic peoples, which has included supporting independence for "East Turkestan" (aka Xinjiang). So they would in fact likely get a show of support from Turkey, and from NATO more generally as a potential foothold in the region. Whether they could successfully function as a country in that situation, I don't know.

Mind you the Islamic guerrilla fighters linked to al-Qaeda that advocate for a east Turkestan have been deemed no longer a terrorist organization by the state department because they seemingly stopped existing even when some of them are still likely in Guantanamo for all I know.

So there is some support already by us for this.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The China rhetoric is not a conservative only thing. It is the entire US political zeitgeist coming to the rightful conclusion that if they don’t do SOMETHING in the near future we will be the new UK, a has been super power rapidly losing geopolitical power as our electorate becomes increasingly idiotic causing ourselves to Balkanize

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I remember hearing "the Chinese are going to take over the world and own us" when I was in high school.
Also good job partially quoting a single sentence. That's definitely something someone operating in good faith does.

I remember this over a decade ago being mostly centered around the debt, so at that point it certainly was a point used to conservatives to try to get us into even more austerity while giving themselves tax cuts.

Things have changed ALOT in the past few years. We probably thought that Xi would continue Hu's liberalization of the market and hoped that capital would just have its way with the political structure.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hairy Marionette posted:

Perhaps, but under the control of China people felt the need to set themselves on fire.

China did Maoism once, they can do similar again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OK baizuo posted:

Cya all on bread & roses

:catstare:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

commielingus posted:

Amazing how people think indoctrination = genocide

By that definition marxism-leninism is a genocidal ideology

it is OP

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I didnt say it was bad that the other ideologies had to be eradicated from the world did I?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

John Charity Spring posted:

the main reason for his ban was Anti White Racism because he got exasperated at lots of white americans being racist about China

literal baizous

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

China believes, perhaps cynically perhaps not, that they are preserving Uyghur culture by ridding Xinjiang of "foreign radical" Islam that threatens the much more... liberal (for lack of a better word) Uyghur Islam.

Like most central Asian countries, strict adherence to or even widespread literacy of the Koran is a modern phenomenon.

Not saying it's right to monitor the religious beliefs of an ethnic group obviously.

It is insane how radically different these countries are today to just a few centuries ago and the reason they shifted so hard was a reaction to our colonialism. If the US has constantly underestimated something about china, its their ability stomp reaction out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dolphin posted:

how do y'all feel about tiananmen square, forgivable oopsie by a younger ccp or state department fabrication?

as i recall the ccp said the protestors were terrorists

see where do you find yourself in THIS particular spectrum

Do you think that the CCP initiated Han genocide and ran over the dude standing in front of the tank or do you think nothing happen?

I think you are closer to one of these extremes than any one else in this thread is to the other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gringostar posted:

like, has anyone actually said that china was wrong about sanctioning people in the trump administration here?

China sanctioning all those blowhards is less about punishing them and more about helping them not be hypocritical. Nice guy China helping them keep honest, so they don’t make a fortune in Chinese investments while advocating for them to Balkanize.