Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

Can everyone live with this?

I think that is reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah between the destruction of mosques and cemeteries which there is satellite photo evidence of it should be very hard to claim that china is not suppressing uighur cultural identity

But how can you tell from such low resolution images? I’ve always been very skeptical of these claims

e: Nate Russo might claim that a minaret has been demolished between the first and second image but it just looks like two grey blobs from 15k ft up in the air to me

Red and Black has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Mar 24, 2021

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

The coronavirus did have a hand in raising animosity against China, but specifically because western politicians and media weaponized that fact to stir up a sinophobic reaction. It’s obvious to anyone not brain dead that China isn’t to blame for a novel virus originating in its territory. And despite much bluster from from the western press, China was able to provide information about the virus to the US and Europe, up to and including its genetic sequencing, early enough to give a real edge to those countries in their response. But those states have utterly failed in their response and thus seek to scapegoat China