Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
If the forums can permaban an admin for genocide denial, they can probate the tankies for genocide denial until they stop kramering in and making GBS threads up unrelated threads with very tedious and unfunny posts denying an ongoing genocide.

I will continue to report posts featuring genocide denial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

fanfic insert posted:

Just want to add my voice in support of this post.

Also Rime way to acknowledge youre the worst kind of poster, i never really minded your posts as some do but the above post(edit; drat new page) is just pure garbage.

Yeah fam, given my close family members are survivors of a cultural genocide here in ol' canuck land I get a bit touchy when I see people ardently flag-waving in support of Genocide, or hand waving it away as "necessary", or denying that it has been ramping up for over twenty years, because they think doing so is somehow "owning" the west.

There is no free pass for denying a Genocide just because you think authoritarian Country A is ideologically superior to failed-state Country B. That we are having people argue this stance in good faith here is exceedingly hosed up.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Ferrinus posted:

Defense or even contextualization of the CCP's policies in various ethnic autonomous regions isn't a matter of "this genocide is good, actually" or "though this genocide is regrettable, it is a price we have to pay for progress", it's "this isn't a genocide." In fact, for many, the Soviet and Chinese models autonomy and targeted economic development for ethnic minorities is precisely an alternative and antidote to the flatly genocidal policies of such liberal capitalist states as Canada.

Genocide is OK here because we are ideologically pure, unlike those filthy capitalists.

There is zero difference between the decades of enforced Sinicization and cultural repression in Xinjiang, and the Residential Schools program of Canada. To claim that what is occurring there is fine and acceptable because China was a communist nation decades ago is insanity. To claim crimes against humanity are an "antidote" to capitalism is reprehensible and disgusting.

Like, FFS, Nat Geo was covering the beginnings of this in the late 1990's when they were cracking down in Kashgar. This is not a hot new CIA psyops campaign.

Rime has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Mar 24, 2021

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Kindest Forums User posted:

America is literally the most powerful place in the world and not one single person who enjoys her spoils are the original inhabitants of the land, or those that participated in the slave or slave-like labour of building the empire.

This is quite fairly offensive to the great many indigenous and slave-descendant individuals who have achieved success within the racially biased regimes of North America. :stare:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Kindest Forums User posted:

Going by your train of thought, China's war on poverty is an enormous colonial project. Come to think of it, all of china is being genocided.

I wonder how Xinjiang would be able to maintain its independence if it wasn't a "colony" of China. I'm not sure this massive country bordering Russia, Pakistan, Afghanistan India, and China would enjoy its development without the forces of outside interests.

"It's ok because we're lifting them out of poverty and civilizing them" . :airquote: Is the excuse America used to plow the First Nations under, famjam. Maybe take the ideological blinders off and realize you are stanning for that which you so frequently express disgust towards.

This has to be satire, I refuse to accept this is a serious post.