Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i was too young to follow what was happening back when ahmed chalabi was doing his thing, and would appreciate if the american dogs on here stopped trying to recreate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

THS posted:

i tend to frontload “whataboutism” to slap down any notion of “we have to DO something about this” - maybe im not giving people here enough credit but for americans, every discussion about the abuses of another state needs to begin with the absolute understanding that the US is the great monstrous evil empire of the world, should never be encouraged to sanction or otherwise take action on an issue, and is absolutely notorious for making up poo poo and funding disinformation

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I didn't call him Chinese but he was in a literal sense a Chinese emperor and posthumously recognized as one

Look it's loving nebulous but if you're giving that one then I think the US gets a pass up to 1776 at least

you're giving china being conquered as an example of atrocities being carried out by china! you clown!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Agrajag posted:

bro i was talking about the history of the poo poo the cia has done in south america and all the cold war poo poo etc etc

good soldier svejk will tell you that those are examples of native american atrocities, actually :D

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

THS posted:

i regret to inform everyone that i did give cspam too much credit. a lot of people here have not internalized a pure hatred for amerikkka and that’s why they continue to do a both sides thing. please continue with the whataboutism, it’s good and necessary

also trying to bring up ancient history or whatever is not just dumb but actually abhorrent. there is currently one state in the world which enforces its imperial hegemony at the point of a gun, and has recently murdered many millions, while displacing tens of millions more - all while upholding itself as a bastion of democracy, freedom, and liberty. it is truly sick and above and beyond worse than all second power competitors. there is no comparison, no one else is playing the same game, no one else is in the same ballpark

death to america