Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Dustcat posted:

Because I think all we can do is quote Internet sources at each other, unless we want to send a delegation to Xinjiang to see if there's any genocide going on, and China is like sure guys come right in.

Kashgar is on the shortlist for me so maybe later this year I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Zeno-25 was a dumb "yay gulags" moron but he's considerably better than the people screaming about "daddy xi". I don't think I've ever used any chinese or chinese adjacent sources to argue anything. Frankly the western sources themselves are weak enough that they begin melting the second you apply scrutiny to them.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
holy poo poo rime still exists

why

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I dunno I knew a bunch of Chinese History majors and pretty much all of them used the term chinaphile on their twitters/facebook/tinder.

I'm not sure what term I'd use for myself. Turanophile?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I'm not sure chinaphile vs sinophile is a regional so much as "personal clique" thing to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Brain Candy posted:

I can respect the take that China defense is poo poo, but if you actually applied it sincerely & consistently it'd mean banning anyone who says nice things about Biden or the US in general, and I don't think that will happen. The US is currently holding a people without trial for decades, keeping people in concentration camps on the borders, shooting people in the streets, supporting the genocidal states of Israel and Saudi Arabia, and so on. hosed up no good things, so I'm non-plussed about the ban 'em all stance since in practice it seems to be only applied to people who think China is still a leftist project.

Also the just plain full blown genocide in Yemen which they're an active participant in, primarily through the tool used for the genocide: the naval blockade of northern Yemen.